Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

GrumPy wrote: »
    Here is one from a few years back...

Thank you! Far longer/more detailed than I expected for the initial stage. Here's hoping it opens soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭stevief01

123DarcySt wrote: »
    I also went to my local Garda station. They said to write a letter addressed to the superintendent asking why you need the Certificate of Character, you also need a photocopy of your passport and to list all the addresses you have lived in. He didn't say anything about a stamped and self addressed envelope but I am going to bring one anyway. I hope this helps. ;-)

Thank you very much , very helpful:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

GrumPy wrote: »
    Here is one from a few years back...

ah i doubt it will be that detailed!

A poster gave some details of what was required stage 1 for the UK program and it wasnt as detailed as that I dont think. How are you expected to know what field you'll be working in and what town etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

That form is the form required for Stage 2. Stage 1 last year was much more basic information which was just filled out online. Like nationality, passport number, address, dob etc. You then submit the IMM1295 form as part of Stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

fergusb wrote: »
    That form is the form required for Stage 2. Stage 1 last year was much more basic information which was just filled out online. Like nationality, passport number, address, dob etc. You then submit the IMM1295 form as part of Stage 2.

Ah right! Makes sense now! My bad. :o All this tab refreshing must be making my brain mush at this stage! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 adcocktom

Hi,

I have 2 quick questions, I wonder if anybody could answer for me?

I currently live in England, would I put my UK address or my Dad's address in Ireland on the application?

When it comes to the Garda checks - would I need to get this from Ireland or the UK (I havent lived in Ireland since I was much younger)

Cheers,
    Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

You wouldn't be eligible for the irish one if you haven't resided in the country i would belive

i think it will be okay as it say on the website:

1.Irish citizens will be able to come to Canada under International Experience Canada for a period of up to 24 months, on a maximum of one occasion.

2.Irish citizens will no longer be required to demonstrate habitual residency.

then you're sorted :)

cheers!!

But what do you think i should put down address-wise?? UK or Dads Irish address??

• Advertisement

i'd say the irish one. but you would also need an irish garda cert. but wait till someone with more experience confirms that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 hippo2472

Please god let the announcement go up at 3pm!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

hippo2472 wrote: »
    Please god let the announcement go up at 3pm!!!!

You've gone and jinxed it now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Oh lord this thread has been so dead today I thought this was someone posting to say there was an announcement!!

Pretty sure it was this day last year they were released - think it was Wed 30th Jan.

Not to Jinx it, but if they are to release them this week surely the announcement would go up today and they would be released tomorrow. Last year they also went on sale on the 30 January, on a Wednesday i think.

The announcement would hardly be made on a Friday (then on sale on the following monday?), and i doubt it would be their preference to have the announcement on Thursday and then release them on Friday (while theiroffices would be closed over the weekend).

So you would think, annocument either at 3pm today, or then were talking sometime in February. Sorry for thinking/ranting out loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Not to Jinx it, but if they are to release them this week surely the announcement would go up today and they would be released tomorrow. Last year they also went on sale on the 30 January, on a Wednesday i think.

The announcement would hardly be made on a Friday (then on sale on the following monday?), and i doubt it would be their preference to have the announcement on Thursday and then release them on Friday (while theiroffices would be closed over the weekend).

So you would think, annocument either at 3pm today, or then were talking sometime in February. Sorry for thinking/ranting out loud.

not today anywho lol looks like if not announced tomorrow it maybe next week.

Sorry for jinxing it :(

Sorry for jinxing it :(

hahaha hardly :P but yeah id say next week at this stage but ya never know

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Looks like another Police Check is required. About 2 weeks left on mine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

Damn it they're opening Slovenia's visas tomorrow... I've never wished I was Slovenian so much in my life!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

What Countries is left? I thought they were all done by now bar us!

Karbolt wrote: »
    Damn it they're opening Slovenia's visas tomorrow... I've never wished I was Slovenian so much in my life!!!

where just gonna be the very last id say being a test country this year makes sense

Are you following each country or something? Any idea how many countries are left to open?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Ffs, I just wanna submit the bloody thing and get that sweet, sweet piece of mind my application has been sent in!!

Are you following each country or something? Any idea how many countries are left to open?

Nope just following CIC on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

absolute joke at this stage. Could it be next week at this rate?

Seriously!? Where are you finding out about other countries? Would be good to keep an eye on it.

eenm wrote: »
    Seriously!? Where are you finding out about other countries? Would be good to keep an eye on it.

CIC's Twitter page.

• Advertisement

eenm wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/CitImmCanada

there!

Advertisement