Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Aaaagh I'm starting to lose my mind!!

I'm even reluctant to make evening plans now, in case they come out with no notice :o

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

Thanks, will add that to the list of pages I'm constantly refreshing!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

Aaaagh I'm starting to lose my mind!!

I'm even reluctant to make evening plans now, in case they come out with no notice :o

My friend is in Canada now said theirs came out last year with no notice :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 hippo2472

I just tweeted them asking for any info on the Irish opening date... fat good it will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

eenm wrote: »
    Thanks, will add that to the list of pages I'm constantly refreshing!

yeah hard just check a few times a day there gonna be notice of it being released in advance sitting there f5 the page all day will drive ya nuts like the way some people on here are going lol

• Advertisement

hippo2472 wrote: »
    I just tweeted them asking for any info on the Irish opening date... fat good it will do.

your just wasting your time with that !

eenm wrote: »
    My friend is in Canada now said theirs came out last year with no notice :eek:

yeah but they stated on there site that they will give the notice so chances are that be stuck to that they stated it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

yeah but they stated on there site that they will give the notice so chances are that be stuck to that they stated it

Exactly, I highly doubt they would state that on there page, then back track on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

erinser wrote: »
    The IEC for France opens on Saturday February 1st

where are you seeing that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

your just wasting your time with that !

I assume that's why he said: "fat good it will do"

Hopefully they won't release without notice - but having "We will give 24 to 72 hour notice" on their website isn't exactly contractual.
    Luckily I work on a laptop all day, so refreshing a browser tab every hour isn't too much trouble. :D

I wish it would just open though. It cannot be released any later than Friday surely!

• Advertisement

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/france/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx

Scroll down to working holiday... if theirs is opening on a Saturday ours possibly could
    it could indeed i still think it just be left till all the other countrys are done tho

There's still Netherlands, Sweden, Slovakia, Poland, Ukraine, Chile, Mexico, Rep of Korea and Taiwan left... we could be waiting awhile!

Just curious, where didyou find this out, link?

There's still Netherlands, Sweden, Slovakia, Poland, Ukraine, Chile, Mexico, Rep of Korea and Taiwan left... we could be waiting awhile!

bigtime man ah we shall see i guess lol

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Eh I kinda just checked all the sites from the list of countries who get them... busy day in work!

Well it is much appreciated!

I have a theory (or rant, call it what you will). Originally we heard from the Irish Canadian Immigration Service in Toronto that they heard "straight from the horses mouth" that they could be released in early December.

Now i don't know when and what country was to first to open for 2014, but im guessing it was early December. My theory is that they were considering opening Ireland first (as we are the new, big test case) and therefore that is why they told the Irish Canadian immigration Service that they might come out for us as early as December.

Now obviously that has not happened. Nearly all other countries have now opened except for us. So me thinks that they originally were considering Ireland first, but subsequently decided instead to have us last. In which case, it could be another two or three weeks until all the other countries you mentioned open.

Or it could be tomorrow and im simply wrong. Just a theory.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 TMcG1990

Guys, I think I will officially lose the will to live if we don't get an announcement tomorrow about a release on Friday. It's just crazy at this stage!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

I pretty much assumed we'd get word today for tomorrow release. Clearly not!

Bunch a useless bastards.

Guys, I think I will officially lose the will to live if we don't get an announcement tomorrow about a release on Friday. It's just crazy at this stage!! frown.png
    Yes I'm at the end of my tether also. I would have thought the Canadians might have took the current Irish "Work situation" into consideration and opened it early to let us get the hell out of here, but then again maybe they don't look at the Country's work situation!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

Could be mid feb or longer,god knows....plus it seems likely that it will be split into quotas,taking even more time rather than all being out at once.Considering it may take up to two months to process then may take me another month before I leave its a pain in the balls,be half way through the year

The Irish one will be released in one go. They have never done separate Quotas apparently!

• Advertisement

I know but I read somewhere they were adding another category this year (could be rubbish,I don't know) So it could be in quotas but hopefully not.

According to that table above though it doesn't say anything about young professionals or international coop for Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Loblox

Son wrote: »
    I know but I read somewhere they were adding another category this year (could be rubbish,I don't know)

It's not, I had a meeting in ICAN last week but they couldn't say anything about it beyond "there will be another category."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I'd just love to know what the hold up is.

Q: What were the recent changes to the IEC Canada visa program for Ireland?
    A: Ireland is being treated as a pilot case by Immigration Canada. It is the first country to experience new reforms in the IEC program.

Must be to do with the new rules!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

Sure would you look at all the craic we're having waiting.....:rolleyes:

Crap! It just opened! :eek:

Hehe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

I'd just love to know what the hold up is.

Yeah same here, even if they told us it wasn't gonna open for another two weeks at least we wouldn't be driving ourselves mad with hope and anticipation at 3pm every day!!

Karbolt wrote: »
    Yeah same here, even if they told us it wasn't gonna open for another two weeks at least we wouldn't be driving ourselves mad with hope and anticipation at 3pm every day!!

Why 3pm? Could it not possibly be later saying as Ottawa is 5 hours behind?

It could be 3.30pm......... after they have an aul cup o tae and a buscuit

• Advertisement

Son wrote: »
    It could be 3.30pm......... after they have an aul cup o tae and a buscuit

At least you're here to keep us entertained son :p

Advertisement