Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

Son wrote: »
    Crap! It just opened! :eek:

Hehe :D

Pure evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

As someone living in Canada, I know they are very laid back about doing anything. Its a joke though. You'll wait 2 months for the visa after applying and could be another 4-6 weeks at least getting a job. Considering they should've been out in December, its bloody bad form from the IEC

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

Sloth89 wrote: »
    Why 3pm? Could it not possibly be later saying as Ottawa is 5 hours behind?

Yeah it could I suppose, but most of the announcements have been around 3pm so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0khotxvomhk5v3y/canada.png

originally they planned it for the 16th January, but they haven't made any changes to the registration site for quite a while, ie July. This is the page you will be registering from whenever they decide to open the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

At least you're here to keep us entertained son :p
    eenm wrote: »
    Pure evil.

Ah jasus the boredom is just getting to me now lol

Somebody send this thread onto canadian immigration

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

Skalragg wrote: »

originally they planned it for the 16th January, but they haven't made any changes to the registration site for quite a while, ie July. This is the page you will be registering from whenever they decide to open the page.

We have an informant in our midst

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

after they have an aul cup o tae and a buscuit

On the Tae and Jaffa Cakes here now meself and I've the Gym in an hour. Oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

I have a feeling there'll be an announcement tomorrow and they'll be released on Friday...... Or thats what I'm hoping!! Would be great to just get stage one out of the way and let rip for the weekend without checking the laptop every 4 minutes just incase!!

Skalragg wrote: »

Hang on, what's this now? The screenshot seems to say its open? Or am I totally missing something?

EDIT: Sorry, just read the full thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 butterflydream

Would love if we got the 24 hours notice tomorrow for Friday. Technically if they are keeping it to January then it really should be. Im going insane here waiting and checking. So stressful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

We have an informant in our midst

lol.... not at all. If you try register you get to https://www.dropbox.com/s/oaumgot6wkojadu/canada2.png

I just know that every kompass loginpage has a country variable... change to ireland and you can see irelands designated page.

France has the most allocations, so I don't expect our page to open till at least next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Kev_2012 wrote: »
    As someone living in Canada, I know they are very laid back about doing anything. Its a joke though. You'll wait 2 months for the visa after applying and could be another 4-6 weeks at least getting a job. Considering they should've been out in December, its bloody bad form from the IEC

Did it take them 2 months to give you your visa after getting your conditional offer?

I was wondering how quickly I could go (all savings done) so I browsed last year's 'status update' thread. The vast majority seemed to have stage 2 complete around the 3rd week of Feb, some a few days later but always before Feb ended.

So...March 2nd provisonal fly date is a bit eager beaver then eh? :D:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

Did it take them 2 months to give you your visa after getting your conditional offer?

I was wondering how quickly I could go (all savings done) so I browsed last year's 'status update' thread. The vast majority seemed to have stage 2 complete around the 3rd week of Feb, some a few days later but always before Feb ended.

So...March 2nd provisonal fly date is a bit eager beaver then eh? :D:rolleyes:

Applied on maybe the 3rd Feb? Got the wtn that day, conditional acceptance after that (can't remember, 2 weeks maybe?) Then did all the CIC stuff straight away and had it maybe the end of march I think. You haven't a hope of being here with your permit by the start of march . you're looking at early April!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

The whole time I was worrying about getting my Aussie police cert thinking I needed it for stage two and Id miss the visa, Ive had the frickin thing two weeks now and still no word from Canada :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pyke96

Would love if we got the 24 hours notice tomorrow for Friday. Technically if they are keeping it to January then it really should be. Im going insane here waiting and checking. So stressful

Doubtful they will open it on a Friday surely. Would have thought earlier in the week as i guess there will be a lot of work to do once people start applying...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

pyke96 wrote: »
    Doubtful they will open it on a Friday surely. Would have thought earlier in the week as i guess there will be a lot of work to do once people start applying...

We may know if Friday is release day, by 15:00 today....
    Based on the other country sites though, I don't have much hope. Looks like Feb is more likely at this stage, mid-feb at that!

Head is wrecked waiting!

pyke96 wrote: »

True but France opens on Saturday so they might.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

I have been told, via a TD (Pat The Cope Gallagher) who was in touch with Canadian Embassy about a passport problem, that the announcement will be made before the weekend so IF thats right then it will be today or tomorrow at the latest.

theboss80 wrote: »
    I have been told, via a TD (Pat The Cope Gallagher) who was in touch with Canadian Embassy about a passport problem, that the announcement will be made before the weekend so IF thats right then it will be today or tomorrow at the latest.

Now that's an informant! Good work :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 hippo2472

This guy. This guy right here. He is the man. Roll on 3pm! :cool:

• Advertisement

Could be wrong but thats the word out of a TDs mouth........... could be dodgy on reflection haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Still nothing. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Could be wrong but thats the word out of a TDs mouth........... could be dodgy on reflection haha

Not today anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

eenm wrote: »
    True but France opens on Saturday so they might.

Oh really? So they do open at the weekend. Yep it's possible, Saturday or Sunday at the start of Feb then.

GrumPy wrote: »
    Still nothing. :o

Yeah into febuary it is

Somebody in the canadian embassy is getting a flykick...

The Slovenia notification wasnt announced until 4pm yesterday though......still hoping

Oh really? So they do open at the weekend. Yep it's possible, Saturday or Sunday at the start of Feb then.

Some how I doubt it be a Sunday anyway I mean Saturday ok but Sunday I'd say is doubtful could be even longer. Then ha think

The Slovenia notification wasnt announced until 4pm yesterday though......still hoping

Yeah 4 there is 3 here

• Advertisement

It was still 10am Ottawa time though I think

Advertisement