Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Yeah 4 there is 3 here

23hrs ago on twitter is still 4pm here......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I assume it's an automatic script deployed the night before or something. So if it's not there at 15:01, it won't be there at 15:02 either. I doubt it's manually "turned-on" by someone sitting at a desk.

Doesn't look like it will be tomorrow so! Potentially another week of pain. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

theboss80 wrote: »
    23hrs ago on twitter is still 4pm here......

I seen when it was posted on Twitter it was 3 o clock here if you look on Twitter says 1 day now

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

I'm away to marry a Slovenian, apply for residency, obtain a passport and apply for IEC Canada.. Should be ready before IEC Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

Don't really see why people are panicking , they will get to us eventually.
    They are assigning us one of the largest allocations of spaces. The UK for example which is even in the commonwealth got roughly 6500ish spaces and has a population of 64Million people. We are getting 10000 spaces and have a population 4.5 Million

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Skalragg wrote: »
    Don't really see why people are panicking , they will get to us eventually.

This man speaks the truth. Just getting wound up wishing it was yesterday or tomorrow, they will be ready when they will be ready. Not like the Irish are in anyway punctual with announcements :p

jozi wrote: »
    This man speaks the truth. Just getting wound up wishing it was yesterday or tomorrow, they will be ready when they will be ready. Not like the Irish are in anyway punctual with announcements :p
    big time ya see people on the verge of exploding lol it be open when its open

Going by how quiet it got in here the other day I thought it had already happened :p

Going by how quiet it got in here the other day I thought it had already happened :p

ah no when its open it be stupid question galore lol

ah no when its open it be stupid question galore lol

Meant that explosion had happened

• Advertisement

Meant that explosion had happened

hasnt even started lol

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

They will hardly announce anything on Saturday or Sunday?

stevie1122 wrote: »
    They will hardly announce anything on Saturday or Sunday?

who says they wont tho? its all possible

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

So one of my mates has decided he now wants to go, but unfortunately his passport is out of date.

I presume the answer is yes, but does this stop him from being able to apply when stage 1 opens in next few days?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Is his PP out of date already or is it due to expire soon?

EI-DOR wrote: »
    Is his PP out of date already or is it due to expire soon?

Just out of date recently, I believe.

Edit: Sorry, Feb 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Just out of date recently, I believe.

Your friend is out of luck then. If his passport had another month on it for example, he could apply with the old one and take the new passport with him to Canada. Since it's already out of date he can't use it. All he can do is apply for one straight away but if the window opens within the next week he won't get a look in!

Knex. wrote: »
    So one of my mates has decided he now wants to go, but unfortunately his passport is out of date.

I presume the answer is yes, but does this stop him from being able to apply when stage 1 opens in next few days?

What I would suggest is he goes into passport office ASAP, preferably tomorrow morning. Ask for an express passport replacement, which takes 10 days. He might have some chance of getting it back in time,especially if he explains his circumstances.

What is the desired IEC CV format that they require?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Thanks, but the mobile link you posted is old... :)
    Here is the correct link of the latest update.
    Skalragg wrote: »
    What is the desired IEC CV format that they require?
    Here it is.

GrumPy wrote: »

Here it is.

Ok thanks

It's like a skeleton CV if anything if that's all they are looking for.... better start deleting stuff ........

Was there when someone I know applied for UK IEC last week, they didn't ask for the passport/cv until a place was actually offered, but you had good few days to submit

GrumPy wrote: »
    Thanks, but the mobile link you posted is old... :)
    Here is the correct link of the latest update.

it is indeed hit the wrong button om my phone https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=509062839206312&id=154674707978462

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Got my police clearance cert back.

I'm just wondering, do I need anything from USA as I had a j1 a few years ago and lived over there for a summer

Got my police clearance cert back.

I'm just wondering, do I need anything from USA as I had a j1 a few years ago and lived over there for a summer

Not unless you lived there for over 6 months straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Idobai

Sorry for a stupid question but I searched and searched and can't find... Currently living in the UAE and I don't know how to apply for a clearance from Ireland if I'm not in the country? Anyone have any experience of this?

Idobai wrote: »
    Sorry for a stupid question but I searched and searched and can't find... Currently living in the UAE and I don't know how to apply for a clearance from Ireland if I'm not in the country? Anyone have any experience of this?

http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=2742&Lang=1

From what I was told by someone in the force, you have to physically hand in the form but if you/family member ring your local garda station they will be able to confirm this for you

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭parabol

My Guess is they'll announce today at 3 that it will be open on Monday. Or they will announce on Monday at 3 it will be open on Thursday. Just all guessing, obviously anything can happen.

Also if any of you are not with a 3rd party(go4less or usit) a good idea it to enter the iec Ireland announcement page on this website https://www.changedetection.com/ it will send you an E-mail when the page is updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

watchthatpage.com is better. Gives updates more frequently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

when are you guys thinking of going over? im thinking start of may,no idea what im gonna be doing,hopefully my buddy over there can sort me out

Advertisement