Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kitchenchair

hi all. so just received my police cert today and my middle name is spelled wrong !! , should I apply for another or will it be ok because my passport doesn't show my middle name just first and last ? my middle name is Gerard but on the garda cert is says Gerald, will ther be a problem ?

Yes I would get it fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Yes I would get it fixed.

Yip!

Just ring em' with the Reference number on your form, and ask them nicely to re-issue a fresh one with the typo corrected. Shouldn't be a problem! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

Skalragg wrote: »
    I do not think we will get an announcement till tomorrow at the earliest, The Netherlands and Belgium are opening this Wednesday, so we will more than likely be after them.

Australia -OPEN
    Austria - Feb 5th
    Belgium - OPEN
    Chile - WAITING
    Costa Rica - OPEN
    Croatia - OPEN
    Czech Republic - OPEN
    Denmark - OPEN
    Estonia - OPEN
    France - OPEN
    Germany - OPEN
    Greece - OPEN
    Hong Kong - OPEN
    Ireland - WAITING
    Italy - OPEN
    Japan - OPEN
    Korea, Rep. - WAITING
    Latvia - OPEN
    Lithuania - OPEN
    Mexico - WAITING
    Netherlands - Feb 5th
    New Zealand - OPEN
    Norway - OPEN
    Poland - WAITING
    Slovakia - WAITING
    Slovenia - OPEN
    Spain - WAITING
    Sweden - WAITING
    Switzerland - OPEN
    Taiwan - WAITING
    Ukraine - WAITING
    United Kingdom- OPEN

Spain is opening on Wednesday now, and Sweden & Chile on Thursday.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

How long were you waiting on your police cert? Sent a letter to my local station requesting one nearly two weeks ago and still haven't received anything.

stevie1122 wrote: »
    How long were you waiting on your police cert? Sent a letter to my local station requesting one nearly two weeks ago and still haven't received anything.

Had mine in about 8 working days. It's totally dependent on your local station tbh. They seem to be processed by the super-nintendo, so if he/she is busy; it will take longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

Karbolt wrote: »
    Spain is opening on Wednesday now, and Sweden & Chile on Thursday.

Thanks , that wasn't the case this morning.

Maybe we will be next ;)

I do not think we will get an announcement till tomorrow at the earliest, The Netherlands and Belgium are opening this Wednesday, so we will more than likely be after them.

Australia -OPEN
    Austria - Feb 5th
    Belgium - OPEN
    Chile Feb 6th
    Costa Rica - OPEN
    Croatia - OPEN
    Czech Republic - OPEN
    Denmark - OPEN
    Estonia - OPEN
    France - OPEN
    Germany - OPEN
    Greece - OPEN
    Hong Kong - OPEN
    Ireland - WAITING
    Italy - OPEN
    Japan - OPEN
    Korea, Rep. - WAITING
    Latvia - OPEN
    Lithuania - OPEN
    Mexico - WAITING
    Netherlands - Feb 5th
    New Zealand - OPEN
    Norway - OPEN
    Poland - WAITING
    Slovakia - WAITING
    Slovenia - OPEN
    Spain Feb 5th
    Sweden Feb 6th
    Switzerland - OPEN
    Taiwan - WAITING
    Ukraine - WAITING
    United Kingdom- OPEN

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

Thanks , that wasn't the case this morning.

Maybe we will be next ;)

Yeah, only 7 countries left including us so hopefully they'll get a move on soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Can anyone tell me what the police cert looks like when you get it? Is it 1 page, on headed paper? Does it list all of your previous addresses, or does it just say , I confirm ............. has no record of convictions, with a rubber stamp over it?
    Also, is it signed by the supt, or just a guard?
    thanks

Anyone know the Embassy reference number to use when filling in garda clearance form

Can anyone tell me what the police cert looks like when you get it? Is it 1 page, on headed paper? Does it list all of your previous addresses, or does it just say , I confirm ............. has no record of convictions, with a rubber stamp over it?
    Also, is it signed by the supt, or just a guard?
    thanks

Like this.

• Advertisement

Anyone know the Embassy reference number to use when filling in garda clearance form

Canadian embassy don't involve themselves directly with the IEC program. (Unlike the US embassy for J1's)
    So ignore it.

GrumPy wrote: »
    Canadian embassy don't involve themselves directly with the IEC program. (Unlike the US embassy for J1's)
    So ignore it.

Grand thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Theasal1234

Can anyone confirm whether we need a passport photo scanned and ready to go for this application? I think it was moving2canada or one of those consultancy sites that said we needed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 fredchest82

hi,
    with regards the photo for stage 2: when I used the site passport4you.com...and uploaded my pic, it came out rather big: 9cm Wide and 12 Cm Height.
    Is this correct?
    seems strange....I ticked the box Canada visa....

ta,

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Can anyone confirm whether we need a passport photo scanned and ready to go for this application? I think it was moving2canada or one of those consultancy sites that said we needed it?

Just a passport scan the photo is for the cic stage

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

hi,
    with regards the photo for stage 2: when I used the site passport4you.com...and uploaded my pic, it came out rather big: 9cm Wide and 12 Cm Height.
    Is this correct?
    seems strange....I ticked the box Canada visa....

ta,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056906547

• Registered Users Posts: 42 inishowenguy1

stevie1122 wrote: »

I sent it to the station last Tuesday and arrived today ,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 TMcG1990

Hey guys! Just while we're on the subject of police certs, does anyone know if the following is an issue. I have a middle name on my birth cert and no middle name on my passport, this would hardly be an issue when the police cert shows up with a middle name against a passport that hasn't one. Cheers in advance! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 therealmccoy22

Hi all, has anyone any experience of submitting police cert with mistakes on it? Just got my second police cert as the one I got in November is nearly out of date. Came back with two mistakes on my home address and only one of my other addresses listed. Info was correct on my application. Will this be a major issue, anyone have similar issues before?
    thanks

TMcG1990 wrote: »
    Hey guys! Just while we're on the subject of police certs, does anyone know if the following is an issue. I have a middle name on my birth cert and no middle name on my passport, this would hardly be an issue when the police cert shows up with a middle name against a passport that hasn't one. Cheers in advance! :)

I would have the police cert matching whats on your passport to avoid confusion.

• Advertisement

gary27 wrote: »
    I would have the police cert matching whats on your passport to avoid confusion.

I'm on the same boat aswell but it says on the letter that you submit to the station : name ( as on birth cert ) .my middle name isn't on my passport ither :/

I'm on the same boat aswell but it says on the letter that you submit to the station : name ( as on birth cert ) .my middle name isn't on my passport ither :/

When I sent away for the police cert I included a photocopy of my passport and I am not sure if it would matter once there have some form of valid identification.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

where do you get a copy of the letter that you have to submit to your station?

where do you get a copy of the letter that you have to submit to your station?

Sorry it's not a letter, it's just the form you get from the station that you fill out and give it back with a envelop that has a post stamp and your address you also need a photocopy of your passport

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Hi all, has anyone any experience of submitting police cert with mistakes on it? Just got my second police cert as the one I got in November is nearly out of date. Came back with two mistakes on my home address and only one of my other addresses listed. Info was correct on my application. Will this be a major issue, anyone have similar issues before?
    thanks

Just apply again.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Do you need a police cert for the IEC? I looked through the required documents on the site and it doesnt state that it is needed?

MarkJD wrote: »
    Do you need a police cert for the IEC? I looked through the required documents on the site and it doesnt state that it is needed?

You absolutely need one, yes. But not until Stage 2, which doesn't occur till after receipt of conditional acceptance. There is a very new, very good FAQ that Faith put together here.

billy2012 wrote: »
    Just apply again.

Ring them with correct details and the reference, and they can re-issue it. You shouldn't need to go to the trouble of applying all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Perfect thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 fredchest82

thanks...

Advertisement