Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭dooroy

Anyone know when the Kompass account for 2014 is opening for 2014?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

dooroy wrote: »
    Anyone know when the Kompass account for 2014 is opening for 2014?

Nope no one does

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

No sign of it today anyway :(

Faith wrote: »

Nope Id say next week once all the other countrys are done

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

None of the other countries waiting have had any updates either, might check back in hour or two. Maybe the tech is late into work ;)

• Advertisement

Skalragg wrote: »
    None of the other countries waiting have had any updates either, might check back in hour or two. Maybe the tech is late into work ;)

Where did you find the list of other countries?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Quick question on the visa itself. Im in the process of working something else through for the US but if that fails id like to have Canada as a backup option. If i was to apply to the IEC Visa and get it but didnt not actually travel to Canada to activate it would that be my one time visa gone or is it only considered used if you travel over an activated it?

Obviously I wouldnt like to be in a position of wasting the spot for someone else to use but i also dont want to hedge my bets on one thing and be left with nothing but if I didnt end up using it would that me done then not able to use the IEC again?

Cheers!

Where did you find the list of other countries?

http://www.international.gc.ca/experience/intro_incoming-intro_entrant.aspx

Thats how I was able to do up the list yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Frostyrod

How many applicants do ye reckon will apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Frostyrod wrote: »

Little over 6,000 openings last year, filled up within 48 hours.
    This year apparently 10,700ish on offer. Whenever it bloody opens!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

MarkJD wrote: »
    If i was to apply to the IEC Visa and get it but didnt not actually travel to Canada to activate it would that be my one time visa gone or is it only considered used if you travel over an activated it?

If you get the VISA, and you decide not to use it/ travel; you CANNOT apply again, ever.

Frostyrod wrote: »

It took two days to fill the 6500 spaces last year, I reckon they will meet the 10k mark but will take few days to be reached.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Frostyrod

I hope ye are right. Nerves aren't the best!! Does anyone no what the change is this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

GrumPy wrote: »
    If you get the VISA, and you decide not to use it/ travel; you CANNOT apply again, ever.

Ok great to know thanks.

Skalragg wrote: »

Nah it's always been 10 Ottawa time for all the announcements for all the other. Countys so chances are that's bit gonna change . Plus it just be a script set to run and change the page when they decide to announce

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

They confirmed on their twitter account today that Spain Austria and Netherlands will be opening tomorrow.

No other announcements today. Maybe Thursday. Unlikely they'd announce anything tomorrow with three countries opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Delira

MarkJD wrote: »
    Quick question on the visa itself. Im in the process of working something else through for the US but if that fails id like to have Canada as a backup option. If i was to apply to the IEC Visa and get it but didnt not actually travel to Canada to activate it would that be my one time visa gone or is it only considered used if you travel over an activated it?

Obviously I wouldnt like to be in a position of wasting the spot for someone else to use but i also dont want to hedge my bets on one thing and be left with nothing but if I didnt end up using it would that me done then not able to use the IEC again?

Cheers!
    GrumPy wrote: »

Grumpy's right, if you get a Port of Entry letter issued to you and you don't use it, it's still a participation.

However, if you just get the conditional letter of acceptance from Stage 1 (Kompass) you then have 6 months to decide whether to complete the process by doing Stage 2 (MyCIC). Your place will be held for this time so no worries about the first come first served thing, and it won't count as a participation.

Only prob is you'll have had to pay your E120 fee for Stage 1 and there's no refund whether you go to Canada or not. But it might be worth it as it'll give you an extra buffer zone while you decide what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭stevief01

JAYSUS...there must have been a bank holiday weekend in canada?? and everyone is still hungover!!!!.... this waiting game is horrid annoying:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

Lads this waiting game is ridiculous. OZ give you a decision within 3 hours! I'm here but my mate is waiting to come over since December! There is a bank holiday this weekend "Family Day", so if they don't come out this week then you'll be waiting again. Terrible planning by the IEC.

The 6350 filled after 4 days. I got mine on the 4th day, not 48 hours. But be warned, all the people in OZ/NZ or wherever can now apply because the 18 month rule is gone so the demand will be crazy I'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Loblox

Kev_2012 wrote: »
    Lads this waiting game is ridiculous. OZ give you a decision within 3 hours! I'm here but my mate is waiting to come over since December! There is a bank holiday this weekend "Family Day", so if they don't come out this week then you'll be waiting again. Terrible planning by the IEC.

The 6350 filled after 4 days. I got mine on the 4th day, not 48 hours. But be warned, all the people in OZ/NZ or wherever can now apply because the 18 month rule is gone so the demand will be crazy I'd say!

Family Day is actually on the 17th, the week after next, but keep up with the scaremongering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

They're completely taking the p*** at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

Sorry for a possibly stupid question, but looking at their site didn't seem the clearest.

Does the 2014 process cover travel in 2014 only? That is, if I plan to go to Canada in early 2015, do I need to wait until next year to apply?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Delira

newg300 wrote: »
    Sorry for a possibly stupid question, but looking at their site didn't seem the clearest.

Does the 2014 process cover travel in 2014 only? That is, if I plan to go to Canada in early 2015, do I need to wait until next year to apply?

Thanks.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057139067

This is answered in Faith's new FAQ thread ^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

newg300 wrote: »

Thanks.

Once your application has been approved from stage 2 for the iec visa, you have one year from that date to enter and upon entering canada you will be issued your 2 year visa provided you meet their requirements and your passport is valid for at least 2 years upon arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

This waiting game is as bad as sitting in a Hospital for 6 hours waiting to get looked at!

EI-DOR wrote: »
    This waiting game is as bad as sitting in a Hospital for 6 hours waiting to get looked at!

Yeah but it's even worse getting stressed about it .

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

Thanks, both of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

Loblox wrote: »
    Family Day is actually on the 17th, the week after next, but keep up with the scaremongering.

Actually it's this weekend in BC. I forgot that Ontario is next week!!!

Right, let's all cross out fingers for an announcement today that it will open on Friday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

Cmooooooonnnn

Advertisement