Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

alexsmith wrote: »
    Cmooooooonnnn

feel the noize,

Girls rock your boys
    We'll get wild, wild, wild
    Wild, wild, wild

So you think I got an evil mind
    I tell you honey

I don't know why
    I don't know why

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

allanb49 wrote: »
    feel the noize,

Girls rock your boys
    We'll get wild, wild, wild
    Wild, wild, wild

So you think I got an evil mind
    I tell you honey

I don't know why
    I don't know why

Come on IEC, look at what the waiting is doing to some folk...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Sloth89 wrote: »
    Come on IEC, look at what the waiting is doing to some folk...

I'm not too far behind him tbh.

*hey nonny nonny....*

250px-Ophelia.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

The Chilean IEC was just announced now, for tomorrow. I thought maybe this weeks announcements were finished. It would be a nice surprise to get this over with. :rolleyes:

Sweden just announced for tomorrow, Chile also.

The Chilean IEC was just announced now, for tomorrow.

I'm getting very annoyed now, how the hell did Chile get theirs before us?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

The Chilean IEC was just announced now, for tomorrow. I thought maybe this weeks announcements were finished. It would be a nice surprise to get this over with. :rolleyes:

Sweden just announced for tomorrow, Chile also.

They were announced a few days ago
    Skalragg wrote: »
    Thanks , that wasn't the case this morning.

Maybe we will be next ;)

I do not think we will get an announcement till tomorrow at the earliest, The Netherlands and Belgium are opening this Wednesday, so we will more than likely be after them.

Australia -OPEN
    Austria - Feb 5th
    Belgium - OPEN
    Chile Feb 6th
    Costa Rica - OPEN
    Croatia - OPEN
    Czech Republic - OPEN
    Denmark - OPEN
    Estonia - OPEN
    France - OPEN
    Germany - OPEN
    Greece - OPEN
    Hong Kong - OPEN
    Ireland - WAITING
    Italy - OPEN
    Japan - OPEN
    Korea, Rep. - WAITING
    Latvia - OPEN
    Lithuania - OPEN
    Mexico - WAITING
    Netherlands - Feb 5th
    New Zealand - OPEN
    Norway - OPEN
    Poland - WAITING
    Slovakia - WAITING
    Slovenia - OPEN
    Spain Feb 5th
    Sweden Feb 6th
    Switzerland - OPEN
    Taiwan - WAITING
    Ukraine - WAITING
    United Kingdom- OPEN

I'm getting very annoyed now, how the hell did Chile get theirs before us?!

They could be afraid of us, breaking the site, hammering on the door each year :eek: lol

Now where's that giant list we've been crossing off...(goes and wanders)

Did they get two announcements then? It just came up on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/CitImmCanada

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

C comes before I in the alphabet thats why!

I can;t understand peoples frustration, it's totally 100% out of our hands. You don't go complaining to one shop they don't open earlier because another shop does :/

Chill out folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

jozi wrote: »

I can;t understand peoples frustration, it's totally 100% out of our hands. You don't go complaining to one shop they don't open earlier because another shop does :/

Chill out folks!

Well when you're originally told early December, and now its February, you can understand peoples frustrations.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

They could be afraid of us, breaking the site, hammering on the door each year :eek: lol

Now where's that giant list we've been crossing off...(goes and wanders)

Hmmm... It definitely looks like they're leaving us till last.

• Advertisement

Chill out folks!

Some of us have been waiting a year, planning our lives around having this sorted etc (after all, emigrating is kind of a big deal), so it's perfectly understandable that people are getting frustrated at the delay.

Chill out folks!

Some of us will have a much better life and job prospects in Canada, that's why we're halfway to the airport. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Some of us will have a much better life and job prospects in Canada, that's why we're halfway to the airport. :)

Well no you hope you have better life and Job prospects but people really do need to chill out a lil about it. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

I think its fairly safe to say we're being left til last

gg2 wrote: »
    I think its fairly safe to say we're being left til last

I think so I said that a few weeks ago makes sense to have all the smaller quotas full plus there might be system changes needed because the 2 years rather then one etc

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

This is what is left to open.

Chile - Feb 6th
    Sweden - Feb 6th

Ireland - Waiting - 6,350 Working Holiday Visas Last Year
    Korea, Rep. - Waiting - 2,000 Working Holiday Visas Last Year
    Mexico - Waiting - 210 Working Holiday Visas Last Year
    Poland - Waiting - 650 Working Holiday Visas Last Year
    Slovakia - Waiting - 315 Working Holiday Visas Last Year
    Taiwan - Waiting - 940 Working Holiday Visas Last Year
    Ukraine - Waiting - 25 Working Holiday Visas Last Year

I have a feeling we'll be last based on the sheer amount of Visas that they will be issuing to us which is fair enough when you think about it logically.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I can understand people have been waiting and it's annoying but still no amount of complaining on boards will help.

Maybe they are reading this thread and laughing at us all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

If we get it in February at this stage, I'd be surprised!
    Pi$sed off waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

I can understand people have been waiting and it's annoying but still no amount of complaining on boards will help.

Maybe they are reading this thread and laughing at us all :D

I don't think anyone thinks that complaining will make them open it sooner, but we're all just a bit frustrated and need to vent.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

I don't think anyone thinks that complaining will make them open it sooner, but we're all just a bit frustrated and need to vent.

That's why I've been in the Gym more :D

• Advertisement

We're going to be Paddy last

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

Im beginning to hate Canada... only the farm takes up most of the day and at night I just like a cup a tea, I mightn't be able to devote myself fulltime to the ol' racism.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I don't think it's fair to say that people need to relax. I'm not intending to travel until September, but I'm still really anxious about this. Those who were hoping to be gone already must be tearing out their hair.

The problem is having no idea how quickly the visas will sell out. We are all on edge every single day, preparing for the adrenalin surge of the system being opened. If I missed out on a visa, for instance, all my plans of the last 10 months would be down the drain. I CAN'T get full time work in Ireland. The jobs don't exist. I'd have to go back to the UK, and I don't want that.

So yeah. I think we all have a right to be tense :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Dogg2

Does anyone know of a website that shows other people that are moving to canada. It would be handy to meet or talk with people pre leaving and find others to rent apartment with etc

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

To be fair, I have never seen any date stated so everyone is working off a presumption and subsequently getting frustrated.

Fair enough if there was a date stated but there was not as far as I am aware.

Chances are everyone in here will get a visa if they desire one, just because somebody is eager to leave this country right away does not mean that Canada should speed up the process that they have planned.

I should imagine that no one here has booked flights for the next few weeks, if so that is a big risk that they have undertaken of their own doing.

Faith wrote: »
    I don't think it's fair to say that people need to relax. I'm not intending to travel until September, but I'm still really anxious about this. Those who were hoping to be gone already must be tearing out their hair.

The problem is having no idea how quickly the visas will sell out. We are all on edge every single day, preparing for the adrenalin surge of the system being opened. If I missed out on a visa, for instance, all my plans of the last 10 months would be down the drain. I CAN'T get full time work in Ireland. The jobs don't exist. I'd have to go back to the UK, and I don't want that.

So yeah. I think we all have a right to be tense :D

Why is it there a reason to besitting on edge the seat right. Ok everyones. Waiting but there's gonna be advance announcement which they stated . It's outta your hands till it's open . Just check it twice a day and you can't really miss out . I mean people have said it on here the hammering the page daily in anticipation . They really do need to relax . You can have made all the plans in the world over how many months . Still doesn't mean you actually get the visa . Even if your the first to apply lol so people do need to chill out a little .

ustari wrote: »
    To be fair, I have never seen any date stated so everyone is working off a presumption and subsequently getting frustrated.

Fair enough if there was a date stated but there was not as far as I am aware.

Chances are everyone in here will get a visa if they desire one, just because somebody is eager to leave this country right away does not mean that Canada should speed up the process that they have planned.

I should imagine that no one here has booked flights for the next few weeks, if so that is a big risk that they have undertaken of their own doing.

I have to agree with all that

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Yup, Boards.ie ;)

so people do need to chill out a little .

I appreciate your sentiment, but you have no idea of people's circumstances so telling them "relax" is really unhelpful.

Venting to strangers is more helpful than being told to relax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

Posting on boards isn't going to change anything however, it just clogs up the threads here with people continuously talking about how frustrated they are.

Advertisement