Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

I appreciate your sentiment, but you have no idea of people's circumstances so telling them "relax" is really unhelpful.

Venting to strangers is more helpful than being told to relax.

Letting it frustrate you isn't any better or anymore helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

It could be worse. You could live in a country crippled by protests and anti government sentiment desperate to get away while waiting for the IEC to open up so you can apply for one of 25 places.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

ustari wrote: »
    To be fair, I have never seen any date stated so everyone is working off a presumption and subsequently getting frustrated.

Fair enough if there was a date stated but there was not as far as I am aware.

Chances are everyone in here will get a visa if they desire one, just because somebody is eager to leave this country right away does not mean that Canada should speed up the process that they have planned.

I should imagine that no one here has booked flights for the next few weeks, if so that is a big risk that they have undertaken of their own doing.

There was an unofficial announcement in early November that it was definitely going to open late November/early December. So everyone prepared for that. Then we were assured it would be early January. Then late January. So people feel messed around because they got everything in order in November, including getting police clearance certs that expire.

Everyone in this forum has a right to use this thread to vent and moan as much as they like, and I'm sure nobody appreciates being told to relax by strangers who know nothing about their circumstances.

Faith wrote: »
    There was an unofficial announcement in early November that it was definitely going to open late November/early December. So everyone prepared for that. Then we were assured it would be early January. Then late January. So people feel messed around because they got everything in order in November, including getting police clearance certs that expire.

Everyone in this forum has a right to use this thread to vent and moan as much as they like, and I'm sure nobody appreciates being told to relax by strangers who know nothing about their circumstances.

See bold

exactly unofficial announcement . people jumped the gun and didn't wait for official word from the iec not some post from ican on facebook were someone said they be open crap, so i mean why worry until it is announced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Dogg2 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a website that shows other people that are moving to canada. It would be handy to meet or talk with people pre leaving and find others to rent apartment with etc

This is actually something I would like to suss out. My OH will go to work on the rigs eventually (plan to settle in for a couple of months) and I don't want to rent a place on my own. Are house shares common?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

House sharing is common (in Vancouver anyway). Moving2Canada has information about it:
    http://moving2canada.com/living-in-canada/finding-accommodation-in-canada/

Every so often someone posts onto moving2vancouver facebook about accommodation sharing so might be worth following them on Facebook if vancouver is where you are heading.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

I saw on another forum that a person from the UK had their application rejected cause he didn't include his middle name which is on his passport on his application form. (A bit harsh!)

Just wondering if having my middle name on my police cert will be an issue? No middle name on my passport. I reckon it'll be okay but what do ya think!?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

I sent it to the station last Tuesday and arrived today ,
    GrumPy wrote: »
    Had mine in about 8 working days. It's totally dependent on your local station tbh. They seem to be processed by the super-nintendo, so if he/she is busy; it will take longer.

Thanks if I don't get anything in the post tomorrow ill have to ring them.

The wait for these visas is starting to get annoying they really are dragging it out.

guest124 wrote: »
    I saw on another forum that a person from the UK had their application rejected cause he didn't include his middle name which is on his passport on his application form. (A bit harsh!)

Just wondering if having my middle name on my police cert will be an issue? No middle name on my passport. I reckon it'll be okay but what do ya think!?

its whats on your passport is what matters!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

I wouldn't be leaving anything to chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

Would it help if I unofficially told you it will be open next week?

All the waiting is getting me super paranoid! It's already my second cert from the Garda. But I might pop into the local station and ask if its possible to have name on cert match passport.

fergusb wrote: »
    House sharing is common (in Vancouver anyway). Moving2Canada has information about it:
    http://moving2canada.com/living-in-canada/finding-accommodation-in-canada/

Every so often someone posts onto moving2vancouver facebook about accommodation sharing so might be worth following them on Facebook if vancouver is where you are heading.

Edmonton, but will have a look for the relevant pages on facebook

.....and actually rejoin facebook..

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

gg2 wrote: »
    Edmonton, but will have a look for the relevant pages on facebook

.....and actually rejoin facebook..

Im going to edmonton myself and hoping to get rig work or whatever pays the most. Do you have any experience in that field?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

My middle name is not on my police cert , but is on my passport,I think I will leave this as is.

When you create your Kompass account also it asks for given name/s, which should match your passport,so I take it you include your middle name when making your account also?

According to this vid it says the names should match your passport

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3u7YxfIM4o

Son wrote: »
    My middle name is not on my police cert , but is on my passport,I think I will leave this as is.

When you create your Kompass account also it asks for given name/s, which should match your passport,so I take it you include your middle name when making your account also?

Yeah you definitely have to match your account information/application form with your passport. I'm just hoping they're not strict with police cert matching passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

of course your name on the application form should match your name on your passport. I'd have thought that was fairly obvious. You're overthinking the whole thing.

Im talking about your given name/s and when you create your kompass account,it easy to forget your middle name but thanks I'll try not to overthink anything lol

Im talking about your given name/s and when you create your kompass account,it easy to forget your middle name

If your passport is John Doe Smith, every time you're asked for your name its John Doe Smith. If passport is John Smith, you're John Smith.

• Advertisement

If your passport is John Doe Smith, every time you're asked for your name its John Doe Smith. If passport is John Smith, you're John Smith.

Im neither of those ..............what will I do?

Oh sorry, overthinking again :pac:

Better not start talking about my second middle name....... hehe :D

alexsmith wrote: »
    Im going to edmonton myself and hoping to get rig work or whatever pays the most. Do you have any experience in that field?

No, the OH is hoping to get in there. He's a plumber...

Im neither of those ..............what will I do?

Oh sorry, overthinking again :pac:

Better not start talking about my second middle name....... hehe :D

Haha yeah lets not make it more confusing.
    But I am still unsure about the police cert. It's a hassle having superintendent in garda station an hour away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Is anyone else watching the application instructions page? There is two new paragraphs. They really make it clear that any differences in the name used on the application and passport, it will be rejected. There's a few other minor notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Is anyone else watching the application instructions page? There is two new paragraphs. They really make it clear that any differences in the name used on the application and passport, it will be rejected. There's a few other minor notes.

Just noticed it updated today... (It gives last modified info bottom left of most pages on that domain)
    Must be a good sign! Dare I say we get notice tomorrow, for Friday?!

Or realistically, some time in mid to late April :pac:

That changed because issues people had in the UK getting refused

• Registered Users Posts: 42 inishowenguy1

Why would you use a differant name on your application ? Or are my picking that up rong?wonder should I not bother having my middle name on the police cert becouse it isn't on my passport,

Why would you use a differant name on your application ? Or are my picking that up rong?wonder should I not bother having my middle name on the police cert becouse it isn't on my passport,

yeah its saying id your name
    is say john smith but on your passport your name states john paul smith . you need to have that as your name on your application because other wise the application or the name on your passport wont match and then you be refused the visa

I've had to send back my police cert three times already,first name spelt wrong,then no stamp and they dated it 2012,oh and it was addressed to Australian authorities......luckily mines only 2 mins down the road

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 TMcG1990

Hey guys, does anyone know if you need a separate police cert if you lived in Belfast while at College or would you include in on your Irish cert? Cheers for your help! :)

Advertisement