Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

TMcG1990 wrote: »
    Hey guys, does anyone know if you need a separate police cert if you lived in Belfast while at College or would you include in on your Irish cert? Cheers for your help! :)

As far as I know its anywhere you've a resided for a period of 6 months or more since the age of 18, so I would imagine you need one for your time spent in the north

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

GrumPy wrote: »
    Just noticed it updated today... (It gives last modified info bottom left of most pages on that domain)
    Must be a good sign! Dare I say we get notice tomorrow, for Friday?!

Or realistically, some time in mid to late April :pac:

Hopefully sooner rather than later as one of my police certs is going out of date on the 30th of March!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 TMcG1990

Skalragg wrote: »
    As far as I know its anywhere you've a resided for a period of 6 months or more since the age of 18, so I would imagine you need one for your time spent in the north

Thanks :) prob have to make a trek up the north now for a police cert! The joy!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Marko10

TMcG1990 wrote: »
    Thanks :) prob have to make a trek up the north now for a police cert! The joy!

You get the one for the north online.On my phone so can't give exact web address but if u type ACRO police certificate into google you'll get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

That's the link. I have to get the forms ready for my second PC. My first one expires next week!

• Advertisement

EI-DOR wrote: »
    http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

That's the link. I have to get the forms ready for my second PC. My first one expires next week!

Cheers guys, my own fault for not even copping I would need a separate police cert! Do you know how long roughly it took to receive yours EI-DOR?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pyke96

Silvio67 wrote: »
    It could be worse. You could live in a country crippled by protests and anti government sentiment desperate to get away while waiting for the IEC to open up so you can apply for one of 25 places.

Your from Ireland as well? What a conincidence:)

Do you know how long roughly it took to receive yours EI-DOR?

I had my first one back in about 5 days from sending the forms away. Not to bad!

I had my first one back in about 5 days from sending the forms away. Not to bad!

Was that for standard delivery? That's good cause it says 45pound for standard 10 day delivery and 80pound for delivery within 2 days. Awful money racket though! (Apologies for the whinging!)

No probs mate. Yea that was the Standard Delivery. Feck paying 80 quid. I'm going to wait until I know when Stage One is definitely opening before getting my next Police Check!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

guess whats not updated today

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Toronto

None of the other 7 countries left waiting received any updates today, either.

Has anyone had a look at France's IEC page? After Round 1, it was updated with this:
    A record number of visits to Kompass caused a system outage but the quota for the 1st round has been reached.

I will probably have a heart attack if the system goes down in Ireland before I can finish my application and get some kind of confirmation! Although I'm assuming the delay in announcing Round 2 for France has something to do with fixing the problem or making the website better able to deal with that kind of traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

Ah jeeaysus, are we going to have to wait for all the stage two and three as well as the remaining countries, do you think? Sad face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Did any of the countries actually open on a Saturday or Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

bopper wrote: »
    Did any of the countries actually open on a Saturday or Sunday?

France did, last Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Toronto

eenm wrote: »
    Ah jeeaysus, are we going to have to wait for all the stage two and three as well as the remaining countries, do you think? Sad face.

Well, only the UK and France have rounds, and the UK's work permits have already all been snapped up. So the only countries waiting on any sort of release date or rounds are still:

France – Opened Round 1 on Saturday, 1st Feb 16:00 GMT – Round 2 TBA
    Ireland
    Korea, Rep
    Mexico
    Poland
    Slovakia
    Taiwan
    Ukraine

That said, France's 2nd and 3rd rounds might have no bearing on other countries' opening dates at all. IEC have never stated how they decide what country gets chosen next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 smileymisso

Does anyone know what exactly, apart from a scan of passport and CV is needed for the first round of upcoming IEC? I live in the UK but am Irish with an Irish passport. Assuming this won't complicate things? Afraid to travel in next few days in case i miss the opening and don't have everything at hand to register> Any advice appreciated!

Smiley, everything is in this thread!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057139067

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

The naming issue - I think it was particularly about spelling and middle name issues.

I did it today. I bit the bullet and sent away for all 3 certificates again. Another €38. I'm not alone it seems this place and Facebook is crawling with cert-resends. I guess there's many of us that are ready to get out as soon as the POE comes in.

I have the scans of the first batch which will satisfy the IEC stage for another month so I can chill out now. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Certificate name misspell - I think it was a good idea to get that cleaned up. You may have seen something new popped up in the instructions page of the Irish IEC page, they say there can be no error.

France/UK record quota snapping - I'm so glad we don't live in a country of 60+ million people. :D Two (or four days) for the Irish IEC last year is still insane I think, but doable. You get your bits and pieces ready, stay tuned to the news and be ready for opening.

Site crashing - what in the world do we do if it crashes? You just click refresh until you can access it again? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Galaxy191

Hi everyone,

In regards to the police cert - a few years ago I lived in Argentina for approx 5 months, returned to Ireland for a month and then went to Spain for 5 months. I presume I won't need police certs from those countries given I wasn't in either for 6 months.

Does anyone know or have similar experience?
    Just a little concerned as I was more or less gone for the year but came home for xmas.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Dogg2

Hi Guys

For anybody that is not 100% decided on the location within Canada you intend to go I found a handy link to the Top 10 Cities for job. It goes over best employment rate to average wage to cost of living. http://www.moneysense.ca/property/best-places-for-jobs?gallery_page=1#gallery_top . Burlington, Ont. Calgary, Alta and Strathcona County, Alta to me look good. You may know Calgary. The other two are located outside of major cities, Burlington just south of Toronto and Scrathcona is outside of Edmonton

• Registered Users Posts: 9 fredchest82

hi,
    is it next week it's due to open? would it typically 9am opening or?

ta,

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

hi,
    is it next week it's due to open? would it typically 9am opening or?

ta,

Nobody knows when it's opening. It usually opens at 10am Ottawa time so 3pm Irish time.

Was looking through the Canada FB pages earlier. One of the members posted this earlier on one of the pages!
    Just got a call from a woman in England about applying though their visa company, I said no! Gonna do it myself. But I asked any word on the Irish release date and she said NEXT WEEK!!!!!! Hope it's true, so impatient at this point!!!!

Lets hope that's the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Was looking through the Canada FB pages earlier. One of the members posted this earlier on one of the pages!

Lets hope that's the case!

It's always "next week". It's like how we say "now soon".
    Hopefully an update at 3 though!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

guest124 wrote: »
    It's always "next week". It's like how we say "now soon".
    Hopefully an update at 3 though!

doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

yeah nothing as suspected

• Registered Users Posts: 47 123DarcySt

Nail biting stuff eh!!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 danii1990

Hi guys,
    Just to clarify if my name was John Pat Smith on my passport and my garda cert just said John Smith
    Would this be ok or should i apply for another one with my middle name included?
    Thanks

Advertisement