Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Just to clarify if my name was John Pat Smith on my passport and my garda cert just said John Smith
    Would this be ok or should i apply for another one with my middle name included?

No, the Police / Garda check must have the same Fore/Middle/Surname as the Passport.

So yes, you need a new Garda Cert with John Pat Smith on it!

There's more than one John Smith in Ireland I'm sure ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yaknowmyname

So just to check if my birth cert has:

John Doe Yaknow

and my passport has John Yaknow.

I have to get a new passport with John Doe Yaknow on it????

or when I am getting the garda vet, can I just say to them to match it to the name on my passport

Thanks for any help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

EI-DOR wrote: »
    No, the Police / Garda check must have the same Fore/Middle/Surname as the Passport.

So yes, you need a new Garda Cert with John Pat Smith on it!

There's more than one John Smith in Ireland I'm sure ;-)

I'm not sure that's true considering a police check also contains your DOB and residential address, not just your name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

bopper wrote: »
    I'm not sure that's true considering a police check also contains your DOB and residential address, not just your name.

True, they'd know which John Smith it is. But it's best to have it matching as any discrepancies are likely to have your application refused outright.

• Advertisement

So does this mean if on the birth cert it says my name is John Peter Smith, and the passport just has John Smith, I would have to get a new passport with John Petter Smith on it? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

So does this mean if on the birth cert it says my name is John Peter Smith, and the passport just has John Smith, I would have to get a new passport with John Petter Smith on it? Cheers

nope just make sure that what ever is on your passport is whats on the your application

Thanks mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 fredchest82

thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

Reading back through last years thread and previous,people submitted their police cert without middle name so don't think its an issue.The hype about names is making sure you match your application given/middle name with whats on your passport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 butterflydream

Hi Guys,

Im going insane waiting for the IEC to open. My boyfriend is already over there on a LMO. I have flights booked for 8th march as was going to go on a holiday to visit but am now just thinking I will stay on as a visitor and finish the application over there. Does anyone know of people in previous years who did this? Just looking for some information on it.

So where are ye all hoping to go to in Canada? What jobs sectors are ye looking to get into? Myself I am unsure, Vancouver or Toronto maybe? Looking for Graphic Design roles

• Registered Users Posts: 42 inishowenguy1

So where are ye all hoping to go to in Canada? What jobs sectors are ye looking to get into? Myself I am unsure, Vancouver or Toronto maybe? Looking for Graphic Design roles

Im looking to go to Alberta and get some carpentry work , I'm only 20 so hope that won't affect my chances of geting work , I'm dieing to go skiing for defs the first thing I'm doin in my free time ( if I get a visa that is )

• Registered Users Posts: 6 AntDen

I'm looking to go to Montreal. Working as a developer at the moment here, and will try get similar role over there. It might be a bit tough, as I only speak basic French. English only speaking jobs are limited. Looking forward to becoming fluent though and living the francophone lifestyle. Anyone else hitting Montreal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Daithi89

Hi Guys,

Quick question that I'm hoping someone can clarify for me.

My name on my birth cert is David and so as a result, the name is David on my police cert.

However, my passport is Daithi so obviously its not going to match...but its the same name just in Irish.

Kinda freaked that this might cause problems/lead to a visa rejection??

Anyone have any experience/knowledge about this??

Daithi89 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Quick question that I'm hoping someone can clarify for me.

My name on my birth cert is David and so as a result, the name is David on my police cert.

However, my passport is Daithi so obviously its not going to match...but its the same name just in Irish.

Kinda freaked that this might cause problems/lead to a visa rejection??

Anyone have any experience/knowledge about this??

Dunno man it seems that could be grounds to be rejected cause technically unless you apply for another police cert with daithi down to be sure man at least people this side would understand but if you submit with 2 different versions it may be denied but do for what's on your passport when applying . And once you get a cert here with daithi I think you be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Are we expecting the deman to be much higher than most other years? I would be hopefully going to Vancouver

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Marko10

Hey guys.My Oz Police Cert is out of date next week so I'm going to have to apply for a new one.My ACRO one,however, will not be 3 months old until the 28th of this month.Do you reckon I should apply for a new ACRO one as well or will this one be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Loblox

Marko10 wrote: »
    Hey guys.My Oz Police Cert is out of date next week so I'm going to have to apply for a new one.My ACRO one,however, will not be 3 months old until the 28th of this month.Do you reckon I should apply for a new ACRO one as well or will this one be ok?

Get it and have it just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Might it be March before this opens?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

How long is a piece of string?
    Nobody knows when it'll open at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

I don't think it's going to open until March.

Whats the situation for someone currently in Canada on a 1 year visa, who's IEC visa expires in April. If they don't have the 2 year IEC extension by the time their current visa expires, whats the position? Can they stay on in Canada and wait until the visa is granted, but not work?

Many thanks

Whats the situation for someone currently in Canada on a 1 year visa, who's IEC visa expires in April. If they don't have the 2 year IEC extension by the time their current visa expires, whats the position? Can they stay on in Canada and wait until the visa is granted, but not work?

Many thanks

yeah you can turn your status over to visitor and not work then you have to go to border and flagpole to activate the visa

yeah you can turn your status over to visitor and not work then you have to go to border and flagpole to activate the visa

You have to pay a fee to switch to visitor status as well, apparently.

Loblox wrote: »
    You have to pay a fee to switch to visitor status as well, apparently.

ah but hopefully gettiing this 2 year visa i wont have that trouble :)

ah but hopefully gettiing this 2 year visa i wont have that trouble :)

I'm in the same boat, hoping for the best but prepping for the worst. I'm heading into the cop shop tomorrow to renew my Canadian clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭TheShizz

I'm 6'5 and about 20 stone. I'm concerned that I will fail a medical and be subsequently denied the Visa. Is this a potential scenario, or do they even do medicals?

TheShizz wrote: »
    I'm 6'5 and about 20 stone. I'm concerned that I will fail a medical and be subsequently denied the Visa. Is this a potential scenario, or do they even do medicals?

unless you working in medical industry or with kids or old people . you dont need to do a medical currently . just google a bit on it you find answers easy.

• Advertisement

One final question. If you're in canada currently for approx 10 months on a 1 year IEC, do you or do you not need a police cert of clearance from the canadian police when applying for the 2014 IEC?

Ive read on other forums that you don't, that they do a check on you themselves on their system when you apply for the IEC. The garda police clearance has been gotten, so just double checking that theres no need to get one from the canadian police?

thanks

Advertisement