Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

whirlpool wrote: »
    I don't think it's going to open until March.

What are you basing that on?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

eenm wrote: »
    What are you basing that on?

I'd say pure speculation

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭parabol

Fingers crossed for today. The suspense is killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Will it be this week?

allanb49 wrote: »
    Will it be this week?

That's the ultimate question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Iv heard mixed things on the CV format. Have you guys just generally followed the format as advised in terms of following the advised outlay? Others that got the visa last year said they just submit their normal CV they would have used over here etc.

MarkJD wrote: »
    Iv heard mixed things on the CV format. Have you guys just generally followed the format as advised in terms of following the advised outlay? Others that got the visa last year said they just submit their normal CV they would have used over here etc.

I wouldn't leave anything to chance, I've done up a CV sticking to the template. You can always use a different one later when applying for jobs, but no harm to have it exactly the way they say for the purpose of the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

parabol wrote: »
    That's the ultimate question.

42!

The answer is 42 to the ultimate question :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

lol, jk It'll probably be March if we are lucky. :p

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

allanb49 wrote: »
    Will it be this week?

I hope they will announce it this week but I just hope they don't go on sale tomorrow it's the one day this week that I won't have access to a computer at 3 o clock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 123DarcySt

You're bored of waiting too!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭TheShizz

Is it better to do it yourself or apply for the Visa through a third-party company?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Frostyrod

Nothing again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

TheShizz wrote: »
    Is it better to do it yourself or apply for the Visa through a third-party company?

Third parties give advice on how to fill in stage 2, help with relocation, offer job search assistance and insurance.
    They do NOT fill in, or apply for the VISA on your behalf. They couldn't even if they wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

Only 12 days till I fly to Canada (on a 2013 visa) and my boyfriend STILL can't apply for his visa...

Cheers IEC you're a sound bunch!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 hippo2472

Frostyrod wrote: »
    Nothing again

It's a bank holiday in Canada today, wouldn't be surprised if no country opens/moves today.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

stevie1122 wrote: »
    I hope they will announce it this week but I just hope they don't go on sale tomorrow it's the one day this week that I won't have access to a computer at 3 o clock.

My understanding is that the IEC website will make theannouncement and then after 48 hrs the site goes live? Didn't think it was same day as announcement? Am I wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭TheShizz

GrumPy wrote: »
    Third parties give advice on how to fill in stage 2, help with relocation, offer job search assistance and insurance.
    They do NOT fill in, or apply for the VISA on your behalf. They couldn't even if they wanted to.

I've been given the impression that they do apply on my behalf.

I have sent them my CV, scanned copy of passport and application form - along with the initial fee - and they send all of the documents away to the immigration authorities, before preparing for stage two.

I have sent them my CV, scanned copy of passport and application form - along with the initial fee - and they send all of the documents away to the immigration authorities, before preparing for stage two.

Nope. You've got to do that yourself. It's illegal for them to apply for you. They only assist you through out the process.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 TMcG1990

Karbolt wrote: »
    Only 12 days till I fly to Canada (on a 2013 visa) and my boyfriend STILL can't apply for his visa...

Cheers IEC you're a sound bunch!!!

Atleast there's someone else on here in my position! My boyfriend was relocated over there in September and I had planned to go with him as soon as these visas were released but I'm STILL waiting. The Irish IEC Visa. Ruining relationships since 2013! ha (Apologies for the serious venting, slightly frustrated so I am!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

TMcG1990 wrote: »
    Atleast there's someone else on here in my position! My boyfriend was relocated over there in September and I had planned to go with him as soon as these visas were released but I'm STILL waiting. The Irish IEC Visa. Ruining relationships since 2013! ha (Apologies for the serious venting, slightly frustrated so I am!)

It sucks doesn't it. I thought last year was stressful, this year is ten times worse! So hard to not get wound up about it when they're leaving us hanging for so long and giving us literally no information about when they plan to stop torturing us. So dramatic but that's what this process has reduced me to!! Ha

I'm finding it impossible to get excited about going because I'm too busy stressing about his visa (or lack thereof).

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

TheShizz,

3rd Parties Cannot apply for you as already stated above. They only assist with the process!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 TMcG1990

Karbolt wrote: »
    It sucks doesn't it. I thought last year was stressful, this year is ten times worse! So hard to not get wound up about it when they're leaving us hanging for so long and giving us literally no information about when they plan to stop torturing us. So dramatic but that's what this process has reduced me to!! Ha

I'm finding it impossible to get excited about going because I'm too busy stressing about his visa (or lack thereof).

That's exactly it! The aul' pair seriously think I'm making this visa up as everytime they question me about it I can't tell them exactly when they're going to be out! So yh, here's to a fun valentines day this year! Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Yeah, my old folks are getting somewhat sceptical of me as well. I'm starting to get the eyes to heaven, "Oh that Canada notion" response at this stage :pac:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

If you don't mind me asking which 3rd party company did you use and how much did it cost?
    My understanding is that the IEC website will make theannouncement and then after 48 hrs the site goes live? Didn't think it was same day as announcement? Am I wrong?

It says on the website that the will make an announcement 24 to 72 hours before it goes live so they could announce today that the visas will be on sale tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

No, you're right. The website says it will give you 24-72 hours notice, so there's no need to panic straight away.
    You can double check everything when you have that notice and go through the step by step guide again to make sure you're well prepared when it opens up

Pretty disappointing alright. I know people have been saying how we're so lucky to be given the opportunity but it's seriously taking long enough, isn't it? Between the 56 day wait for the visa and giving notice to the job it's looking like mid summer at the earliest (for me anyway). Was really hoping to get there for Canada Day and enjoy the summer before the rain hits! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

TMcG1990 wrote: »
    That's exactly it! The aul' pair seriously think I'm making this visa up as everytime they question me about it I can't tell them exactly when they're going to be out! So yh, here's to a fun valentines day this year! Ha
    Knex. wrote: »
    Yeah, my old folks are getting somewhat sceptical of me as well. I'm starting to get the eyes to heaven, "Oh that Canada notion" response at this stage :pac:
    Haha its the same with me, Mother asking me everyday have I bothered applying for that Visa that everyone has got for Canada

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

I've heard a lot of people saying this. Either the agency is illegally applying on your behalf, or is scamming you out of money & personal info.

I've also heard people applying through agencies tell me theyre already at Stage 2, or applications have already opened, or they've already been guaranteed their visa.

From the above I'd think there's a lot of shady agencies operating around the IEC.

• Advertisement

face1990 wrote: »
    I've heard a lot of people saying this. Either the agency is illegally applying on your behalf, or is scamming you out of money & personal info.

I've also heard people applying through agencies tell me theyre already at Stage 2, or applications have already opened, or they've already been guaranteed their visa.

From the above I'd think there's a lot of shady agencies operating around the IEC.

But we should be taking IEC's word as true, shouldn't we? :confused:

Advertisement