Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

eenm wrote: »
    Soul destroying :(

ahh guess just gotta not let it bug you !
    anyone whos set on it and prepared should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Toronto

Nope, no updates for any countries today. Not even France's round 2. Maybe they're off buying extra servers and setting them up in anticipation of huge traffic to the website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

ahh guess just gotta not let it bug you !
    anyone whos set on it and prepared should be grand.

Ya really hope so. I know over 6,000 went in 48 hours last year. I wonder will it be as quick this year for 10,000. I'm guessing the only problem we'll have is if the site crashes, but we have the patience of refreshing it we should get it open within that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

Exactly, I think anyone who is refreshing the page and keeping an eye as close as we are should be fine, especially given the rumoured increase in visas. Frustrating nonetheless. Anyway, we'll get there alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Just posted on Bookface:
    igU17wN.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

I know the whole application process will change this year but does anybody know in previous year if stage one involved having to print any forms out filling them in then scanning them back in because I am having problem with my printer at the minute I have tried everything but nothing is working.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

stevie1122 wrote: »
    I know the whole application process will change this year but does anybody know in previous year if stage one involved having to print any forms out filling them in then scanning them back in because I am having problem with my printer at the minute I have tried everything but nothing is working.

short answer no.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

Great thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Very annoying. It's going to mess a lot of people's plans up. You'd be curious as to the cause of the delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭parabol

Does anyone know the best place to get the visa photo's taken in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

parabol wrote: »
    Does anyone know the best place to get the visa photo's taken in Dublin?

They're just passport photos (same dimensions) so most pharmacies do them, as well as the photo booths.

eenm wrote: »
    They're just passport photos (same dimensions) so most pharmacies do them, as well as the photo booths.

I don't think this is the case. They're very strict on their requirements. A friend of mine submitted her's few times last year and were rejected. It delayed her Visa by a few weeks. She didn't get her's in Dublin so I was hoping someone could tell me where the best place is.

"
    Dimensions:

The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8" x 1 ¾").

The photographs must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the

photograph, and include the top of the shoulders.

The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 ¼") and 36 mm (1

7/16").

Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions

in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.

Quality/Resolution:

If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.

File Format:

The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG2000 format.

File Size:

The final size of the image should be ideally 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.

Colour:

The image must be in color (24 bits per pixel) in sRGB colour space which is the common

output for most digital cameras.

"

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Smellysack

I think i might have a slight problem here. My passport does not have my middle name printed on it, but my garda cert does include my middle name. To be safe, should I re-apply for my garda cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

35mm x 45mm is a standard passport photo :)

Foley48 wrote: »
    35mm x 45mm is a standard passport photo :)
    Great stuff thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Yes

I was afraid of that, but better safe than sorry. I just sent off my application for the garda cert again. Cheers for the reply. Now lets hope that the opening gets announced this evening and that the info on the ICAN facebook page is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Toronto

I give ICAN's Facebook post a C-. Well written but poorly sourced. No references included.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Might go to live in the Amazon for a month or two with no internet, when I eventually return, this visa STILL won't be available! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

France's round 2 is opening on Saturday...at least there's movement!

• Advertisement

I still have a horrible feeling it will be March before it opens for us :(

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

This is balls regarding the police check! I have 3 checks in hand and all them contain my middle name because my birth certificate has my middle name on it. None of the 3 police checks will issue without my middle name on the cert yet my passport doesn't have my middle name.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 123DarcySt

Bring your Passport to the station, leave your birth cert at home. I didn't use my birth cert to get police cert as I've lost it. I have my middle name on my birth cert and I am sure I would've had the same problem if I had brought it. Passport will suffice. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Gossipgal

Hi folks, I actually didn't think of the photo - have everything else organised. Do we have to post this or should it be digital for upload? I don't think I saw it on list of required items.

Gossipgal wrote: »
    Hi folks, I actually didn't think of the photo - have everything else organised. Do we have to post this or should it be digital for upload? I don't think I saw it on list of required items.

I got this from the 3rd party company I'm with:
    "You will need to submit a digital photo.

We recommend to bring these photo specifications to a good photo shop and ask them to put the image on a CD or email it to you.

If you have a printed passport size photograph you can scan it at 600dpi in jpeg format. "

The full spec is in my comment above.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Hi lads, I keep checking the IEC website but it still isn't open? Any idea when?

Corvo wrote: »
    Hi lads, I keep checking the IEC website but it still isn't open? Any idea when?

Noone does unfortunately :( It's sh!te, a lot of people have had to apply for new police certs. I myself have to move out of my home and in with my parents at the end of March, the SHAME!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

parabol wrote: »
    Noone does unfortunately :( It's sh!te, a lot of people have had to apply for new police certs. I myself have to move out of my home and in with my parents at the end of March, the SHAME!

Ha! One of the many reasons I am looking to go as far away as possible!

Can you clarify the police Certs? I thought the application was the first step and the rest followed?

Corvo wrote: »
    Ha! One of the many reasons I am looking to go as far away as possible!

Can you clarify the police Certs? I thought the application was the first step and the rest followed?

You're right. The application is the first step, it takes about 2 weeks to process stage 1 once you have submitted it.

You need your garda cert for stage 2. It needs to be no older than 3 months on the day of submitting it to stage 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement