Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

So who's feeling it for today???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Nobody. Not happening this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Gossipgal

parabol wrote: »
    I got this from the 3rd party company I'm with:
    "You will need to submit a digital photo.

We recommend to bring these photo specifications to a good photo shop and ask them to put the image on a CD or email it to you.

If you have a printed passport size photograph you can scan it at 600dpi in jpeg format. "

The full spec is in my comment above.

Thanks a mil, hadn't thought of it and thought I was all sorted so was just sitting waiting.

Just as a check we need:
    - CV (in Canadian format)
    - Passport scan
    - Police Certs (for any country you've lived for 6 months or more)
    - Proof of funds
    - Passport Photo

Is that everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Not feeling it one bit. Canada could be off the cards for me now due to a knee injury!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭parabol

Gossipgal wrote: »
    Thanks a mil, hadn't thought of it and thought I was all sorted so was just sitting waiting.

Just as a check we need:
    - CV (in Canadian format)
    - Passport scan
    - Police Certs (for any country you've lived for 6 months or more)
    - Proof of funds
    - Passport Photo

Is that everything?

Yep that's it. A couple of things to note that isn't clearly covered on the IEC site:
    • Passport scan must include a scan of any pages that have stamps, visas or markings, and all the scanned pages must be in one pdf.
    • The proof of funds, bring a bank statement no more than a week old to the airport when your heading over. Of all the people I know who've already gone, none of them have been asked for this, but just in case.

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's very unlikely to be this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

All you need is the CV and the passport scan for Stage 1. You can sort the rest after.

I was under the impression that you didn't need to show any other visa's or stamps on your passport.

Yes, only passport and CV for Stage 1, I was just covering the overall docs.

This is what the 3rd party I am with says. I'm not sure if it is actually needed. I think I will save two pdfs of my passport one with all the stamps etc and one without, just in case, and I will see when it comes to the registration day.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

Yes, only passport and CV for Stage 1, I was just covering the overall docs.

This is what the 3rd party I am with says. I'm not sure if it is actually needed. I think I will save two pdfs of my passport one with all the stamps etc and one without, just in case, and I will see when it comes to the registration day.

What 3rd party did you use and how much did it cost?

stevie1122 wrote: »
    What 3rd party did you use and how much did it cost?

Go4less.ie €75

• Advertisement

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

Go4less.ie €75

Did they say when they think it will open?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

ckgirl wrote: »
    im pretty sure anything they say would be a guess just like anyone else .

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭TheShizz

You need to prove your funds in the application process or prior to entering the country?

TheShizz wrote: »
    You need to prove your funds in the application process or prior to entering the country?

as you enter the country at immigration .

So, for all intents and purposes, one could be granted a visa without proving they've got €2,000 in the bank?

So, for all intents and purposes, one could be granted a visa without proving they've got €2,000 in the bank?

you can be granted the point of entry letter but when your going through immigration to activate the visa. they may ask for proof ,so you do need to be able to show you have the funds incase they ask

I suppose it's wise to bring a scanned copy of a bank statement then, and it should do the trick. If not I'll just order a round of drinks for the entire airport to prove my riches.

I suppose it's wise to bring a scanned copy of a bank statement then, and it should do the trick. If not I'll just order a round of drinks for the entire airport to prove my riches.

yup it has to be no older then a week before you go too

Great stuff.

I was grossly under-prepared for the IEC this time last year. Obviously you need a passport to apply, and I was waiting to receive mine in the post and it came on the same day that the quota was filled unfortunately.

It hit me pretty hard because I left it too long to send away for the passport in the first place. Anyways, you live and learn and as a result I'm a little more on the ball this year. Going to get a Garda cert now. I know I won't need it for a while yet, but you can't leave anything to chance with this stuff.

• Advertisement

Great stuff.

I was grossly under-prepared for the IEC this time last year. Obviously you need a passport to apply, and I was waiting to receive mine in the post and it came on the same day that the quota was filled unfortunately.

It hit me pretty hard because I left it too long to send away for the passport in the first place. Anyways, you live and learn and as a result I'm a little more on the ball this year. Going to get a Garda cert now. I know I won't need it for a while yet, but you can't leave anything to chance with this stuff.

well realistically there isnt a mad rush for a garda cert i got mine back in a day they shouldn't take longer then a week and you dont need then until the cic stage anyways ! plus leaving it will the kompass stage opened be grand cause then your not in a rush or its then left ongoing before the actually open the visas .and then your certs just outta date chances that now , are slim but i mean its second week in feb now so who knows .

ckgirl wrote: »

Nobody knows. Not the 3rd parties or USIT or anyone. The only people are the IEC guys in Ottawa. Who will let us know via this page: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

no updates today then peeps

Sproving they've got €2,000 in the bank?

All you need is 1500euro or a bit less then that I can't remember the exact amount but it's on the website were they will be announcing the release date of the visas.

All you need is 1500euro or a bit less then that I can't remember the exact amount but it's on the website were they will be announcing the release date of the visas.

its about 1700 i thinkbut anyone planning going with just minimum like that is nuts ! lol

well realistically there isnt a mad rush for a garda cert i got mine back in a day they shouldn't take longer then a week and you dont need then until the cic stage anyways ! plus leaving it will the kompass stage opened be grand cause then your not in a rush or its then left ongoing before the actually open the visas .and then your certs just outta date chances that now , are slim but i mean its second week in feb now so who knows .

Better safe than sorry in my view. Plus, did I read somebody say that they're valid for up to three months? That's grand if it's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Smellysack

Hopefully it gets announced soon, because i have just been told that i am being made redundant in the next 2 months :(

its about 1700 i thinkbut anyone planning going with just minimum like that is nuts ! lol

I know ill be bringing a lot more than that myself because I was lucky enough to have some money put away but I would say some people will be struggling to get the minimum.

I know ill be bringing a lot more than that myself because I was lucky enough to have some money put away but I would say some people will be struggling to get the minimum.

nah i know and sadly its not a cheap place to live either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

Sorry to hear it Smellysack :( God I'd rather they just said "Ok, they're not coming out until March/April/whenever" so at least we could stop making plans that are never going to happen and could plan for what actually might!

Advertisement