Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunshine87

TheShizz wrote: »
    So, for all intents and purposes, one could be granted a visa without proving they've got €2,000 in the bank?

you are not granted the work permit (visa) until you produce the required documentation to immigration. what you get at the end of the online application is a letter stating you are allowed to work for the duration specified, so long as you fulfill the other criteria (money, health insurance with repatriation).

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

sdogg wrote: »
    Been search and calling around trying to find an answer to this... it's doing my head in.

If my IEC application hasn't completed, could enter the USA under the visa waiver program (up to 90 days) from Australia with a ticket on to Canada then back to Australia, making sure the Canada flight date is enough out to give me enough time to get the LOI whilst I'm in USA and then when I enter Canada get the WHV when I enter through customs and cancel my return trip back to Australia?

Would this pose any problems?

I shouldn't see this causing any issues. As long as you have a return date, also you can spend 90 days in the US as a tourist, and also 90 days in Canada as a tourist. So you can live in Canada waiting for your LOI. You just won't be able to work, open a bank account, get a phone etc etc.

When you get your LOI, you will then need to flagpole to receive your working visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sdogg

fergusb wrote: »
    When you get your LOI, you will then need to flagpole to receive your working visa.

But if I wait to get this while I'm in USA, then enter Canada with my LOI will that mean I shouldn't have to flagpole?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Toronto

France's round 2 work permits have all been snapped up, a few hours after opening. Let's hope a few more countries will be announced on Monday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I have this really really really bad feeling they will be released on the 7th/8th off march when I will be nowhere near a computer :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

Speculation...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

How's the feeling about the coming week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Not great :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Hopefully it won't drag into March. It's well and truly ridiculous at this point. I'd love if it was annonuced Monday, release Wednesday & they accept debit/credit cards for convenience. So I can "forget" about it for the most part and just focusing on enjoying this year and putting some money aside, too!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

GrumPy wrote: »
    Hopefully it won't drag into March. It's well and truly ridiculous at this point. I'd love if it was annonuced Monday, release Wednesday & they accept debit/credit cards for convenience. So I can "forget" about it for the most part and just focusing on enjoying this year and putting some money aside, too!

I really hope they accept cards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Smurf666

Doubt there will be anything tomorrow... its a Bank Holiday there! :(

Faith wrote: »
    I really hope they accept cards!

Yeah, bank transfer is a pain in the ass, especially with the whole change with SEPA & IBAN/BIC conversion recently and add in the international transfer business for good measure!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Toronto

I forgot that it's Family Day in Ontario tomorrow! So it'll be more likely that any countries announced this week won't be announced until Tuesday.

As for debit cards, there are instructional videos on YouTube that say IEC accepts Visa and Mastercard debit and credit cards, and then they go through the process of paying: http://youtu.be/c_XrYnrR5HE?t=53s

I have a feeling it will be this week... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

no.no.no.no.no :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭parabol

Nothing today :(

parabol wrote: »
    Nothing today :(

Bank Holiday, nothing expected. Maybe tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

heres hoping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭parabol

Oh I didn't realise. Thanks a mill.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

Are Ireland the only country waiting on a visa announcement?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

I have a feeling it will be this week... :pac:

GrumPy - your picture makes me feel very hopeful! :o

About 4 left afaik. We are the largest quota by far though! Others are in the hundreds.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Marko10

Would be happy enough just to see most of the other remaining countries open this week.At least then we know we surely wouldn't have to wait much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

6 left I believe.

Korea
    Mexico
    Poland
    Slovakia
    Taiwan
    Ukraine

Frances 3rd round aswel!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

I finally got through to someone important regarding the IEC and the release date.

Celine Dion would like us to be patient, they will come soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Phoenix wrote: »
    Where ye guys heading?

toronto lil cheaper then Vancouver and well its easier to get about a big city then some lil town in ass of nowhere .plus theres allot IT work there currently which is the bonus for me ! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

ahh this weeks possible then and if not like every other week at this point lol it could be next week :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭TheShizz

Anybody know how big the quota is? I've heard 10,000, but I have also heard 14,000.

Advertisement