Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 boarding97

yeah there no mad panic on that, i mean all as much apply straight away im not saying that , but you dont need it until the second stage so there no real rush

yeah i checked it there and it has Nov 7th as the date, I'll wait until the visa are at least out at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

boarding97 wrote: »
    yeah i checked it there and it has Nov 7th as the date, I'll wait until the visa are at least out at this stage!

exactly it might save having to go get another one at that point lol

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

exactly it might save having to go get another one at that point lol

Jaysus if they're not out before May they might as well not bother! Ha

Karbolt wrote: »
    Jaysus if they're not out before May the might as well not bother! Ha

hahaha well i mean going from December to now just the end of February wasn't presumed so who knows lol

hahaha well i mean going from December to now just the end of February wasn't presumed so who knows lol

Ha I get ya...

Flying out to Vancouver on Saturday, major nerves are setting in!!

• Advertisement

Ha I get ya...

Flying out to Vancouver on Saturday, major nerves are setting in!!

ahh should be good! visa from last year or heading out in advance !

ahh should be good! visa from last year or heading out in advance !

Visa from last year! The bf still doesn't have his visa, hence me hanging out on Boards so much, searching for info! He's gonna have to go on tourist visa cos it's looking kinda unlikely that he'll have his visa by this Saturday lol

Visa from last year! The bf still doesn't have his visa, hence me hanging out on Boards so much, searching for info! He's gonna have to go on tourist visa cos it's looking kinda unlikely that he'll have his visa by this Saturday lol

yeah i doubt it sadly ! where last years visa for the 2 or the one year ive heard conflicting stories.

yeah i doubt it sadly ! where last years visa for the 2 or the one year ive heard conflicting stories.

Yeah last year was the first time they gave out two year visas. That's why I can't understand when people say the delay this year is so that they can get organised for the 2 year visa, they were for 2 years last year and there was no delay!

Yeah last year was the first time they gave out two year visas. That's why I can't understand when people say the delay this year is so that they can get organised for the 2 year visa, they were for 2 years last year and there was no delay!

yeah but there was lots **** ups i believe!

• Advertisement

shall it be today people dunnn dunnn dunnnnnnnn! lol

not today it seems!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

aaaaggghhhh....not today :(

yeah but there was lots **** ups i believe!

Ah yeah but I thought it was normal for them to make a balls of things ha! I've stopped getting annoyed by the delay now, I seem to have reached a stage of sad acceptance instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

Ah yeah but I thought it was normal for them to make a balls of things ha! I've stopped getting annoyed by the delay now, I seem to have reached a stage of sad acceptance instead.

Such sad acceptance :(

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

Haha I'm going through waves of acceptance and anger. Toying with my emotions lol :rolleyes:

eenm wrote: »
    Such sad acceptance :(

It's the best way I could think to describe it lol

exactly it was one thing i didnt let bother me . because there is no point its completely outta your hands !

exactly it was one thing i didnt let bother me . because there is no point its completely outta your hands !

Very hard not to get bothered by it though, isn't it?

Things are left very up in the air. Would be great to even know what month they're coming out. The fact that it could be literally any time is really annoying. I know in reality it's probably sooner rather than later but at this stage nothing is guaranteed. They haven't released any (bar France round 2) in nearly two weeks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Everyday I come in here and still no news, I feel like crying :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

astonaidan wrote: »
    Everyday I come in here and still no news, I feel like crying :(

We need a big "IEC Visa Waiting Lounge" Beers to console us all, I tells ya.

*Cough, cough - mods*

:pac:

eenm wrote: »
    Very hard not to get bothered by it though, isn't it?

Things are left very up in the air. Would be great to even know what month they're coming out. The fact that it could be literally any time is really annoying. I know in reality it's probably sooner rather than later but at this stage nothing is guaranteed. They haven't released any (bar France round 2) in nearly two weeks...

nah not really i guess im pretty mellow i guess when it comes to things not that im not eager but i just dont stress about it cause at the end the day theres no point ! but thats just me tho .everyones different i know

• Registered Users Posts: 6 boarding97

Knex. wrote: »
    We need a big "IEC Visa Waiting Lounge" Beers to console us all, I tells ya.

*Cough, cough - mods*

:pac:

Or maybe wait until we at least have the visa applied for..otherwise it will be an angry affair! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭parabol

were any countries announced today?

parabol wrote: »
    were any countries announced today?

Nothing on Twitter anyway https://twitter.com/CitImmCanada

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Detour

Could someone please clarify, as I've read some conflicting posts.

When IEC opens up, you just need to set up/register your Kompass account; you then have 3 days to submit your CV and scanned copy of your passport. This will get you through stage on and a provisional place on the program.

Is this correct, or do you need your passport/cv ready to go at the time of registering?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Did someone say drink?

Father%2BJack.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

From what I am aware passport scan and CV are required at time of registering

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Dogg2

Do you know if investment finance is big in Calgary? I heard engineering work was big there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Foley48 wrote: »
    From what I am aware passport scan and CV are required at time of registering

there is also a fee that needs to be paid within a couple of days i believe!

Advertisement