Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Guys guys relax sip some Tim's coffee and indulge in some poutine while ye wait;)it'll be all well worth it in the end!

If I drink anymore tay, I'm gonna turn into a Teabag.....

mrs-doyle.png?w=460

I will indeed Mrs Doyle!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

While the wait is annoying, think of it this way.....it gives everyone more time to save $$$ :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 hippo2472

gccrowley1 wrote: »
    Any more update on this?????? I have been checking website but nothing as yet....

I think the Question was withdrawn, ill find out by the end of the day and let you know. It wouldn't be on the Oireachtas website for several days anyway so no point in checking there (sorry i should have said that earlier to you).

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

Skalragg wrote: »
    While the wait is annoying, think of it this way.....it gives everyone more time to save $$$ :)

true that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

well not today people ! who would have guessed that ? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 crocadile dunde

Breaking News, the officer in charge of Irelands IEC has being asleep at his computer since December.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

It has to be paid within 9 or 10 days, not instantly

"Stage 1 is only available to begin when the programme opens.
    Stage 1 is the IEC Programme eligibility assessment. This is done through their online system called Kompass.
    During Stage 1 you will be asked to pay the IEC Participation Fee which is €120.
    Completing Stage 1 successfully will hold your place in the quota of places for Ireland. You will then be issued with a Letter of Conditional Acceptance"

I assumed they meant pay at time of application given it was in bold on the website and thought completion of Stage 1 wasn't successful until its paid?

Either way it'll be going on the credit card so doesnt matter! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

Foley48 wrote: »
    "Stage 1 is only available to begin when the programme opens.
    Stage 1 is the IEC Programme eligibility assessment. This is done through their online system called Kompass.
    During Stage 1 you will be asked to pay the IEC Participation Fee which is €120.
    Completing Stage 1 successfully will hold your place in the quota of places for Ireland. You will then be issued with a Letter of Conditional Acceptance"

I assumed they meant pay at time of application given it was in bold on the website and thought completion of Stage 1 wasn't successful until its paid?

Either way it'll be going on the credit card so doesnt matter! haha

You apply, if you are quick enough you are given a place. They send you a letter asking you to upload relevant documents and pay with ten days. If you do that you'll move onto next step

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

Yeah know its first come first served, but got the impression payment was required upfront. All the better if u have 10 days to pay it tho I guess! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Anyone else have a bad feeling about the whole thing? I kind of do. There's some problem with them this year that much is obvious. I just have a feeling we won't see them for another month at least .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Anyone else have a bad feeling about the whole thing? I kind of do. There's some problem with them this year that much is obvious. I just have a feeling we won't see them for another month at least .

Getting very, very disillusioned last few days. I won't be near a computer for a full week in March, and if it doesn't release before then I'll be cracking up!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

I decided to email ICAN, figured no harm in doing so and she got back to me today. I just asked if she had any information and whether or not we should be worried:

'They are still being released but the date is not set. The program has not been cancelled. Each country has to negotiate as it's a reciprocal program. Ireland is still in negotiations.'

So yeah... Still in negotiations.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭TheShizz

I don't understand what the rush is really.

That doesn't sound good. Still in negotiations at this stage.

TheShizz wrote: »

Really? What about people who's partners are over in canada and they're waiting on a visa to join them? What about unemployed people waiting on a visa to get work over in canada. What about people currently in canada on 1 year iec's due to expire shortly.
    But yeah. No rush. As long as you're in no rush.

Obviously your circumstances are different then.

That doesn't sound good. Still in negotiations at this stage.

I wouldn't think it sounds good anyway, but that's a pure guess. Agh! What to do!

Really? What about people who's partners are over in canada and they're waiting on a visa to join them? What about unemployed people waiting on a visa to get work over in canada. What about people currently in canada on 1 year iec's due to expire shortly.

Keep your hair on please mate.

Am I wrong in saying there's an 8-10 week waiting period regardless of when it opens? If that's the case then simmer down. Your girlfriend - or boyfriend - and loads of jobs will be waiting for you by the time you get over there pal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 TMcG1990

Hear hear! Some people have no idea the circumstances some people are in! I haven't seen my boyfriend in months thanks to the delay in the IEC! Thank you very much, Canada(!)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

Keep your hair on please mate.

Am I wrong in saying there's an 8-10 week waiting period regardless of when it opens? If that's the case then simmer down. Your girlfriend - or boyfriend - and loads of jobs will be waiting for you by the time you get over there pal.

Condescending balls.

In a few weeks time I'm flying out of the country where I wont have internet access for 8 weeks. So if not released within the next few weeks my plans for the next year are completely done for. Suppose I should just keep my hair on too ye tool.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Silvio67 wrote: »
    Condescending balls.

In a few weeks time I'm flying out of the country where I wont have internet access for 8 weeks. So if not released within the next few weeks my plans for the next year are completely done for. Suppose I should just keep my hair on too ye tool.

I understand you're frustrated, but if you can't remain civil, then don't post. Any further abuse aimed at fellow posters will result in an infraction and/or a ban.

Silvio67 wrote: »
    Condescending balls.

Are you flying to Mars?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Personal situations are of no concern to the IEC, They are not responsible for your travel plans or the fact your better half is 3000 miles away, they will open it when they are good and ready. But ya come on here and get snippy with people if that makes yous feel any better.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

Some of us are made to get out of this dump. I am stuck in a job that I hate at the minute and had already planned on being in Canada for March which is impossible now. Can't leave my job because ill blow through my savings by the time I end up going.

It really is beyond the joke at this stage but as someone said already the IEC don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

stevie1122 wrote: »
    Some of us are made to get out of this dump. I am stuck in a job that I hate at the minute and had already planned on being in Canada for March which is impossible now. Can't leave my job because ill blow through my savings by the time I end up going.

It really is beyond the joke at this stage but as someone said already the IEC don't care.

why should they care? its a privilege not a right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

***FOR SALE***
    IEC permit.
    16 months left on it.

$25000 ONO

Flappy Birds installed. :pac:

stevie1122 wrote: »

Who doesn't hate their job? I'll tell you who: Bill Gates, Lionel Messi and Ron Jeremy. For everyone else, work is not fun; if it was it would not be called 'work' for starters.

I understand some may be in a rush to get over there, but those people have a far better case than yourself in my view. You've got a job for starters, and a bit of money in the bank so you're not exactly living on the bread-line.

Some people need to go more urgently than others, so understandably some people are frustrated. Some other people aren't in a rush and that's fine, but there's no need to patronise or correct those who are in a rush for voicing that frustration. We're in a difficult situation with everything up in the air.

Yes it's a privilege, no it's not a right, but we've all been told its going to happen so a lot of people have their plans hanging on it coming through - and coming through long before now as it has done in previous years.

Can we accept that people find themselves in different circumstances and leave it there?

• Advertisement

eenm wrote: »
    Some people need to go more urgently than others, so understandably some people are frustrated. Some other people aren't in a rush and that's fine, but there's no need to patronise or correct those who are in a rush for voicing that frustration. We're in a difficult situation with everything up in the air.

Yes it's a privilege, no it's not a right, but we've all been told its going to happen so a lot of people have their plans hanging on it coming through - and coming through long before now as it has done in previous years.

Can we accept that people find themselves in different circumstances and leave it there?

told its gonna happen by who ? when did the did they iec say that ?

Advertisement