Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

eenm wrote: »
    Some people need to go more urgently than others, so understandably some people are frustrated. Some other people aren't in a rush and that's fine, but there's no need to patronise or correct those who are in a rush for voicing that frustration. We're in a difficult situation with everything up in the air.

Yes it's a privilege, no it's not a right, but we've all been told its going to happen so a lot of people have their plans hanging on it coming through - and coming through long before now as it has done in previous years.

Can we accept that people find themselves in different circumstances and leave it there?

Exactly. We all know the IEC has no regard for personal circumstances, but it doesn't make it easier on those who are waiting - those who for 2 months now have been told the opening is imminent.

Its the ones out there in Canada at the minute with visas running out who are really in the s**t and it quite condascending for others to come on and tell them they are been silly for complaining about the delay

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Lawlesz wrote: »
    Exactly. We all know the IEC has no regard for personal circumstances, but it doesn't make it easier on those who are waiting - those who for 2 months now have been told the opening is imminent.

Its the ones out there in Canada at the minute with visas running out who are really in the s**t and it quite condascending for others to come on and tell them they are been silly for complaining about the delay

when did the iec say it was opening is imminent? they didnt thats the issue that was all speculation .

when did the iec say it was opening is imminent? they didnt thats the issue that was all speculation .

The Irish Canadian Centre said it, Moving2Canada said it. Speculation or not, people believed what they read. We were all lead to believe these groups had inside information from IEC, in hindsight its obvious they didn't.

But you can't blame people for getting worked up, annoyed at the delay and b***hing about IEC.

So let them have the rant. We could all say in hindsight people shouldn't have believed these groups but they did. Get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

told its gonna happen by who ? when did the did they iec say that ?

The page we've been checking daily. They didn't say when or how many, but they have said there will be a 2014 quota.

www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

The Irish Canadian Centre said it, Moving2Canada said it. Speculation or not, people believed what they read. We were all lead to believe these groups had inside information from IEC, in hindsight its obvious they didn't.

But you can't blame people for getting worked up, annoyed at the delay and b***hing about IEC.

So let them have the rant. We could all say in hindsight people shouldn't have believed these groups but they did. Get over it.

but if there was never any official announcement there was never any actual delay its not hindsight its all its just following the official pages simple !

• Advertisement

The page we've been checking daily. They didn't say when or how many, but they have said there will be a 2014 quota.

www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

exactly there was no when ! so how can people make plans and get stressed and about stuff when you were never told when it gonna be released in the firstplace? people jumping the gun no ? i think so! and i dont mean people who just wanna go, its the people who where assume they are delayed because it didnt open yet because its not fitting to there idea or plans of what they expected .

but if there was never any official announcement there was never any actual delay its not hindsight its all its just following the official pages simple !

Who said it was an official announcement? I certainly didn't. Or are you imagining it? I said people read into what the various groups were saying, got their hopes up and then have been left waiting.

I have friends who got stung with the delay a few years ago and whose visas expired and they lost their job, apartments or whatever.

You obviously never got your hopes up that this was going to open sooner, or never read into the hype - fair play to you, I'm happy for you. But not everyone is as care free about the situation as you are. So can you not understand that, instead of all this 'no official announcement' c**p you keep coming out with?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭TheShizz

I'd like to point out that I didn't actually say this.

What I said was that I did not understand why there was a rush. The word "understand" should be taken literally in this case, as someone may say "I don't understand a word of Japanese."

The first bloke mentioned that there were people already over there hoping for the quota to open before the expiration of their visa. I didn't realise this at the time of my initial post, but I do know and I sympathise with them. Of course I do.

There are tangible consequences for them. Are others in the same boat? No, not really. For a lot of other people, the delay only causes them to be in Ireland longer than they'd like to be. Not longer than they need to be. There is a major difference.

exactly there was no when ! so how can people make plans and get stressed and about stuff when you were never told when it gonna be released in the firstplace? people jumping the gun no ? i think so! and i dont mean people who just wanna go, its the people who where assume they are delayed because it didnt open yet because its not fitting to there idea or plans of what they expected .

Well the fact that they have always been out around January for the last number of years was the reason I for one believed they would come out in January. I don't think that's completely illogical reasoning.

Agree with Lawlesz here on this. Congrats for not taking anything but official announcements, it has clearly left you in a far greater place up there on your high horse.

Who said it was an official announcement? I certainly didn't. Or are you imagining it? I said people read into what the various groups were saying, got their hopes up and then have been left waiting.

I have friends who got stung with the delay a few years ago and whose visas expired and they lost their job, apartments or whatever.

You obviously never got your hopes up that this was going to open sooner, or never read into the hype - fair play to you, I'm happy for you. But not everyone is as care free about the situation as you are. So can you not understand that, instead of all this 'no official announcement' c**p you keep coming out with?

there was unoffical announcement from ican . thats exactly the the point so thats far from crap ! so people assume visas are being delayed by reading bull**** there not waiting any longer ! because there never was a date announced . its only because of the unoffical bull**** people are moaning . i mean i understand people there on visas running out whatever but thats not anybodyelse issue nor is it the iecs.

• Advertisement

TheShizz wrote: »
    I'd like to point out that I didn't actually say this.

What I said was that I did not understand why there was a rush. The word "understand" should be taken literally in this case, as someone may say "I don't understand a word of Japanese."

The first bloke mentioned that there were people already over there hoping for the quota to open before the expiration of their visa. I didn't realise this at the time of my initial post, but I do know and I sympathise with them. Of course I do.

There are tangible consequences for them. Are others in the same boat? No, not really. For a lot of other people, the delay only causes them to be in Ireland longer than they'd like to be. Not longer than they need to be. There is a major difference.

Likes and needs are going to differ for people though.

Could I survive the other side of the world for a few months without my girlfriend? Yes

Would I want to? Not for a minute.

So yes, if it was me, I would be getting annoyed over the whole situation.

It is a huge move for people, and stressful enough in normal circumstances. When the process is basically a lottery it increases the stress. The fact that the visas could go in a few hours (while someones at work with no access to internet) increases the stress further.

If you are the type who does not get stressed easily, then go you. That's great. But it affects people differently so just let them blow off a bit of steam. Peoples whole futures are in the balance here, its not a minor issue

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Enough. I'm sick of seeing the same few names berating others for being stressed and frustrated about the delay in opening. If you're as relaxed as can be, great, but stop telling others not to stress. This is a life-changer for many people, many have been waiting the best part of a year to apply, and you don't know anybody else's circumstances. So if I see anyone else berating people for being stressed and frustrated, I'll start handing out bans.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

I think you's have let off enough steam tonight people. Now go and let some steam fly from the kettle biggrin.png

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

Who doesn't hate their job? I'll tell you who: Bill Gates, Lionel Messi and Ron Jeremy. For everyone else, work is not fun; if it was it would not be called 'work' for starters.

I understand some may be in a rush to get over there, but those people have a far better case than yourself in my view. You've got a job for starters, and a bit of money in the bank so you're not exactly living on the bread-line.

Yes have a job I work 8 hours a weeks on minimum wage (I don't get any social welfare help) so I am getting about 70 euro a week so someone on the dole is in a better position than me right now this is after spending 5 years in college the only reason I have money is because I have basically sold almost everything I own (stuff which I love and have been collecting for years) which I really didn't want to do but had no choice so i'm not exactly living it up.

there was unoffical announcement from ican . thats exactly the the point so thats far from crap ! so people assume visas are being delayed by reading bull**** there not waiting any longer ! because there never was a date announced . its only because of the unoffical bull**** people are moaning . i mean i understand people there on visas running out whatever but thats not anybodyelse issue nor is it the iecs.

God you really are struggling aren't you. As the poster above said, congrats for only checking the IEC site. Thats great and we all wish we were like you. We all know now that ICAN and the rest had no more clue than we did of opening times. But I for one don't blame people for getting their hopes up. They have always been released before this time of year, so people are going to be getting edgy.

We get it - you're delighted with yourself for not believing the hype, and think people who did believe the hype are eejits. Great. Congrats.

We all wish we were like you

stevie1122 wrote: »
    Yes have a job I work 8 hours a weeks on minimum wage (I don't get any social welfare help) so I am getting about 70 euro a week so someone on the dole is in a better position than me right now this is after spending 5 years in college the only reason I have money is because I have basically sold almost everything I own (stuff which I love and have been collecting for years) which I really didn't want to do but had no choice so i'm not exactly living it up.

Oh but why did you sell up when there was no official announcement?

Can you not be like goingitalone and just take each day as it comes - no need for research or planning til you get the hallowed official announcement? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭TheShizz

I'm quite good at "berating" people so I'd like to think you'd know it if I was, but I'm really not. I was fighting my corner after being misquoted in my last message. That's all really.

I don't really care, though. I seem to be the source of most of this so I'll stop.

Best of luck to everyone applying.

Best of luck to everyone applying.

If they ever open eh? Eh?

No? Not funny? Too soon? Alright I'll see myself out...

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

Oh but why did you sell up when there was no official announcement?

Can you not be like goingitalone and just take each day as it comes - no need for research or planning til you get the hallowed official announcement? :rolleyes:

I'm not saying I sold up because I was expecting visas to go on sale in January I would had to have done this regardless of when the visas went on sale I was just making the point that I don't just have money lying around while other people are struggling to get the money together which is what I assumed TheShizz was getting at in his last post.

I am just like everyone else already worried about missing out because of the amount people applying and the longer they leave it to open the IEC the more the number of people applying will increase which makes the chances of not getting a visa more likely.

Here's a question... Apologies if it has been asked somewhere but I haven't seen it.

So we all know that the Garda cert is only valid for 3 months but my question is, does it need to be in date at the time you send it to IEC (could it expire a week after?) or does it need to be valid, say, at the point you're offered it (i.e. potentially 2 months later)?

I know obviously, the earlier the better, but thought I'd check if anyone knows anything about this. Have only had mine about a month but trying to figure out if that means I need to get a new one, or if I'm ok for about another 6 weeks.

Thanks!

Here's a question... Apologies if it has been asked somewhere but I haven't seen it.

So we all know that the Garda cert is only valid for 3 months but my question is, does it need to be in date at the time you send it to IEC (could it expire a week after?) or does it need to be valid, say, at the point you're offered it (i.e. potentially 2 months later)?

I know obviously, the earlier the better, but thought I'd check if anyone knows anything about this. Have only had mine about a month but trying to figure out if that means I need to get a new one, or if I'm ok for about another 6 weeks.

Thanks!

pretty sure its from the time you submit the cert ! so if the a week after it was over the 3 months it be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭parabol

I would like to apologise if this has been asked before. It is not in faiths (super useful and informative) post.

I have a flexi flight booked for April 14th. Now I know I will not have my Visa processed by then, and I do have the option to change it. My question is, can I travel to Canada on the 14th on a holiday Visa. Then once the Visa has been fully processed, I can travel to say Buffalo(In the US) and when re-entering Canada my working-holiday Visa will be activated. Is this possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

parabol wrote: »
    I would like to apologise if this has been asked before. It is not in faiths (super useful and informative) post.

I have a flexi flight booked for April 14th. Now I know I will not have my Visa processed by then, and I do have the option to change it. My question is, can I travel to Canada on the 14th on a holiday Visa. Then once the Visa has been fully processed, I can travel to say Buffalo(In the US) and when re-entering Canada my working-holiday Visa will be activated. Is this possible?

You'll need to book a return flight too. I'll let you know on Sunday if it worked for my bf!

Karbolt wrote: »
    You'll need to book a return flight too. I'll let you know on Sunday if it worked for my bf!

Much appreciated thank you :) where in Canada are you? I'll book the return over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 amr_lady

Hi guys,

Not sure if anyone on here has any ideas on this, but worth throwing it out there!

Seeing as we're in the position we are, I'm looking to adapt my plans. I had originally intended to wait until I had the visa in my (virtual) hand before handing in notice to work and so on. However, that was when I thought it would be done and dusted by mid-March. As it looks like that's not going to happen, has anyone heard of anybody being rejected at Stage 2?

That is, they got the Conditional Letter of Acceptance from Stage 1, but were rejected a Work Permit from CIC on Stage 2? I can't see any reason I would be rejected at Stage 2 from an eligibility stance (although I know not to count my chickens), so was wondering of the risk of making concrete plans on the back of receiving Conditonal Letter of Acceptance. I think this takes about 2 weeks from application date, providing you've got a spot.

Anybody any past experience of this?

Cheers!

amr_lady wrote: »
    I think this takes about 2 weeks from application date, providing you've got a spot.
    It takes 4-6 weeks. This is providing all you documentation is 100% in order.

• Advertisement

I get nervous when someone doesn't post at 15:01 saying 'nothing today'... As if it's been announced and I missed it!

Advertisement