Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

gccrowley1 wrote: »

Interesting. Have no idea about the legitimacy, but after weeks of not even a peep I'll take any rumour right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Loblox

Oh good. "Soon."

"Iish nationals." "100% success rate for all our working holiday applicants." "Literally sold out in ten minutes."

Scam sense tingling.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Scam sense tingling.
    Indeed. They're another 3rd party, so like the rest it's just more rumours!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Loblox wrote: »
    Oh good. "Soon."

"Iish nationals." "100% success rate for all our working holiday applicants." "Literally sold out in ten minutes."

Scam sense tingling.

the company is also based in birmingham, uk according to their website;
    http://www.embassyvisaservices.com/contact/

and saying it opens in 2 weeks is purely speculation.

my advice do the application yourself, don't give away your money to these type of organisations.

• Advertisement

Defo do it yourself, don't use third parties....

I just seen this and thought I would throw it out there to see if anybody heard anything else...... Sick of waiting at this stage.... Did anything ever surface on the oireachtas website the other day????

• Registered Users Posts: 1 maurice123

hey guys me and 3 friends are hoping to go Canada this year! I Have all my documents ready and sent to visa first who are applying on our behalf from reading the advice here a lot of people are saying not to go with third party..I have my police cert ready aswell.
    I hope they open the application process opens soon..cant really plan anything until you know were going for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭MadameGascar

hippo2472 wrote: »
    What are you talking about? Are you not aware that you can still apply on Kompass once it opens even if you're in outer Mongolia, you don't need to be in Ireland.

Leave your poor Mammy alone and take some responsibility

I'm actually going somewhere internet and banking access will be a bit out of the way so mind your own business. Jesus who pissed in your Wheeties?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

I know this has been asked a bunch of times before but I need some clarification if anyone can help... Do the police checks need to be 3 months or 6 months in date because I am hearing mixed reports?

I also lived in America for a year 2009-2010 and have obtained a check for my time there? If it goes over the 3 or 6 months(whichever it is) will I have to obtain a new one even though there will be no changes as I haven't been there since 2010?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jaybommber

Right quick one.. visa is up may 21 ..
    what are the chances of it opening and getting new one? process time 8-12 weeks?
    what are my options if i apply when it opens but dont get it in time?? work visa? bridge visa? temparory work visa?
    I am on the 1 year visa and arrived in may 2013 hoping to get the 2 yr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭IrishTeddi

jaybommber wrote: »
    Right quick one.. visa is up may 21 ..
    what are the chances of it opening and getting new one? process time 8-12 weeks?
    what are my options if i apply when it opens but dont get it in time?? work visa? bridge visa? temparory work visa?
    I am on the 1 year visa and arrived in may 2013 hoping to get the 2 yr

There are terms and conditions to the IEC, just read them. You never gave any indication of what visa you're on so it's hard to give accurate advice (Assuming it's not the IEC as they don't do a one year visa) . I know there are additional aspects to consider if you've already been on a visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Sloth89 wrote: »
    I know this has been asked a bunch of times before but I need some clarification if anyone can help... Do the police checks need to be 3 months or 6 months in date because I am hearing mixed reports?

I also lived in America for a year 2009-2010 and have obtained a check for my time there? If it goes over the 3 or 6 months(whichever it is) will I have to obtain a new one even though there will be no changes as I haven't been there since 2010?

The police cert is valid for 3 months only. You'll need a police cert from America, too. I suppose they should accept an American police cert, if you haven't been there to commit a crime since.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 duffman44

295pound they want. she got very angry at me when i ask her was it legal for her to fill in and send my application.

So we know it's defo a scam so..... Scumbags....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

9 minutes and counting.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭parabol

duffman44 wrote: »
    295pound they want. she got very angry at me when i ask her was it legal for her to fill in and send my application.

Did she agree or disagree to say it was illegal? I know it is, I'm just curios as to what she said. Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ciaran12

allanb49 wrote: »
    9 minutes and counting.

*starts waiting with baited breath*
    *begins to wonder where the expession 'baited breath' came from*
    *learns that 'bated' is a contraction of 'abated' and I was spelling it wrong*
    *continues waiting with bated breath*

and breathe.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

not today ! who would ya guessed ? lol

So see you all in 23.50 hours

• Advertisement

What is it they say about a watched kettle....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Sloth89 wrote: »
    What is it they say about a watched kettle....

If it falls in the woods, does it make a sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 123DarcySt

You'd rather watch it dry??

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

duffman44 wrote: »

Iish nationals - really? really?

If she wants to scam...at least advertise correctly!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 123DarcySt

i__d_rather_watch_paint_dry_by_springz10-d2zxnd8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

Or....grass grow?....anyone? anyone?

Ah christ what have I started :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jj1787

In Canada on 1 year IEC waiting for this to open and running out of time! Jobs and apartment on the line! WTF is going on this year :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

jj1787 wrote: »
    In Canada on 1 year IEC waiting for this to open and running out of time! Jobs and apartment on the line! WTF is going on this year :confused:

Million dollar question...

• Advertisement

All still hungover from the hockey game

Advertisement