Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

Uuuuuuugh can we just go now?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 markgisme

Is there any method of applying for a work visa in Canada if you have family living and working in Canada who have a full Canadian passport? Some sort of sponsorship method? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ciaran12

What if we sent the CIC loads of freshly baked cookies and things?

ciaran12 wrote: »
    What if we sent the CIC loads of freshly baked cookies and things?

We can win them over with our Irish charm... and some gifts from Carrolls or something, I'm sure they'd love it.

I'm also trying to figure out if there's any pattern in the 7 countries remaining (Ireland, South Korea, Mexico, Poland, Slovakia, Taiwan, Ukraine). There's nothing I can think of offhand. Cathy in ICAN said Ireland was still negotiating but it seems strange that no new countries have been announced in 3 weeks. What do you guys think? Or is this too speculative a conversation to be having?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

eenm wrote: »
    I'm also trying to figure out if there's any pattern in the 7 countries remaining (Ireland, South Korea, Mexico, Poland, Slovakia, Taiwan, Ukraine). There's nothing I can think of offhand. Cathy in ICAN said Ireland was still negotiating but it seems strange that no new countries have been announced in 3 weeks. What do you guys think? Or is this too speculative a conversation to be having?

your just gonna wreck your head trying to come up with reasons . if ya do i think

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

Lisa1992 wrote: »
    Right i don't where to start here but i need advice, my passport expires in August and im just after finding out that i can't apply with my current one and update my details.
    Express passports take approx 10 working days so should i take the chance and apply for it or report my current passport as lost and try get an emergency one which takes approx 3 days??

In MAJOR panic mode now, any advice??

I was in a rush to get mine back for different reasons. I sent it off as usual, dropped an email to them saying is there anything they could do to speed up the process. They emailed me back saying the actual issuer would be in contact. She phoned me the next day and told me it was ready and she could have it next day delivery, but she was also cool with me coming to pick it up. I drove to their offices in Balbriggin, all in all it took about 5 days.. Crackin service.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

2014+_09c0da5b162c15d8ac19002c011e45d0.jpg

allanb49 wrote: »
    2014+_09c0da5b162c15d8ac19002c011e45d0.jpg

gonna be a long time at that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

eenm wrote: »
    We can win them over with our Irish charm... and some gifts from Carrolls or something, I'm sure they'd love it.

Or a dancing Leprechaun !! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

gonna be a long time at that :P

Hasn't it already

43903165.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

once again people nada!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

once again people nada!

At least wait until 15:01 before posting... the server could take at least 60 seconds to allow page updates to propagate. :pac:
    Nothing today folks! :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

France Round 3 released on Saturday! yeo

GrumPy wrote: »
    At least wait until 15:01 before posting... the server could take at least 60 seconds to allow page updates to propagate. :pac:
    Nothing today folks! :D:p

im well aware how servers work and not necessarily

Sloth89 wrote: »

At least things are moving again...

ckgirl wrote: »
    At least things are moving again...

yup so theres a chance then we could open the next week possibly then again ya never know

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I just wanted to steal your thunder and I was two too minutes late. :P

Well obviously they're putting some serious load distribution and caching systems in place to deal with everyone from Ireland trying to get a visa at once :P. What else did you think the delay was for?? :D

• Advertisement

yup so theres a chance then we could open the next week possibly then again ya never know

Optimism is better than despair! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

Without any movement on our end I guess thats the 2nd best news we could have expected.

Thats the last of the big releases apart from Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭parabol

Wahheey!! They're alive!

Well obviously they're putting some serious load distribution and caching systems in place to deal with everyone from Ireland trying to get a visa at once :P. What else did you think the delay was for?? :D

haha sure there load managment and failover is perfectly fine if the uk opening didn't crash it ! then opening it for ireland wont have very many issues with crashing the site :P

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Toronto

That's what I'm seriously hoping! It also might explain the weeks in between France's rounds, while UK's rounds were just one week after the other. Or it's just wishful thinking. *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 hippo2472

In regards to the delay, im surprised no one here has not had the thought that perhaps the delay is being caused on the Irish side. Both government needs to agree to it, legislate for it, sign off on the it, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Toronto

hippo2472 wrote: »
    In regards to the delay, im surprised no one here has not had the thought that perhaps the delay is being caused on the Irish side. Both government needs to agree to it, legislate for it, sign off on the it, etc.

It had occurred to me, I just can't think what the delay would be for either government. The 2 year work permit isn't new this year. The only thing I can think of is the (AFAIK unconfirmed) increase in work permits this year, but I can't see why that would cause the Irish government to drag their heels.

Anyone have any ideas?

The delay may be caused by category changes: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=503923553053574&id=154674707978462

From the linked FB post (this is from the Irish Canadian Immigration Centre page, not the CIC):

" ...the program for Ireland has developed this year with more than one category"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Yep, exactly, I think that was the general conclusion when we dissected that statement. That 'new category' is quite possibly the delay for Ireland at least. If it was business as usual like last year, then it probably would have opened at the end of January I'd say.

Also I wondered about IT problems. The Irish site crashed last year, no? That was for 6.5k visas...we've quite a few more now.

Does anyone know how far the IEC openings for other countries go on last year? Did they finish up in February or March? Just the opening, of course some countries would remain open with so many unused visas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭MrMojoRisin'

Regarding the new categories, what do people think they might be? Something to do with area of expertise maybe, as in Canada might be looking for more qualified carpenters than people with biology degrees (for example), so they might have more visas available for certain professions ?

Advertisement