Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Hey its a dream,it could have said November 38th 2065 :p also i had tried the main page and it continued to say 24-72hr notice but I went into kompass and it worked, saying closing date March 10th. I remember thinking "Thats 5 days away." So really it opened on 5th :D fingers crossed I've developed psychic abilities. Lotto numbers next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Tea rocks

I'd put money on it opening on 17th of March...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 twinkletoes02

Loblox wrote: »
    Please God, any day except next Friday. That's the one day I'm swamped with work that I can't get out of.

Hey, I'm in Canada myself and looking to apply for my second IEC. I got my canadian police cert back in November, which is over the 3 month mark now but the police here said my cert was valid for 6 months. IEC are a law onto themselves so I was thinking I should go tomorrow and get a new one to be safe. Did you get one? I'm here a year on friday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Hey, I'm in Canada myself and looking to apply for my second IEC. I got my canadian police cert back in November, which is over the 3 month mark now but the police here said my cert was valid for 6 months. IEC are a law onto themselves so I was thinking I should go tomorrow and get a new one to be safe. Did you get one? I'm here a year on friday

What are you doing now that your Visa is up? Changing status to holiday? Or coming hem until you get new visa? It's a long time to wait without being able to work.

What are you doing now that your Visa is up? Changing status to holiday? Or coming hem until you get new visa? It's a long time to wait without being able to work.

Yeah, I am changing status to visitor for 4 days...another long winded process just to be a tourist for a few days!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Twirlfiona

Please help!!!

I (stupidly) only realised last week my passport expires end of the summer. Straight away I sent away for a new one but they are saying it could take 20 (!?!?) working days to get a new one. Serious delays in the office. I'm trying everything I can to get it sooner but so far they just keep saying ill have to wait, there's nothing they can do . .

Basically my question is, if the IEC visas go up and I submit a scan of my old, in date untill July passport, what will happen? Will I be rejected straight away? Very very worried!

Your passport has to be in date until at least the last day of the new visa. It will just be rejected otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

Twirlfiona wrote: »
    Please help!!!

I (stupidly) only realised last week my passport expires end of the summer. Straight away I sent away for a new one but they are saying it could take 20 (!?!?) working days to get a new one. Serious delays in the office. I'm trying everything I can to get it sooner but so far they just keep saying ill have to wait, there's nothing they can do . .

Basically my question is, if the IEC visas go up and I submit a scan of my old, in date untill July passport, what will happen? Will I be rejected straight away? Very very worried!

Ah no need to worry, I'm sure you'll have it back in time before it opens. I remember people writing that exact same panicked question back in December lol

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

Yeah, I am changing status to visitor for 4 days...another long winded process just to be a tourist for a few days!!

4 days eh? Do you know something we don't...? Or am I missing the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TannySilva

Please help!!!

TwirlFiona don't worry, you can apply using your current passport number and then later on update your Kompass account with your new passport number when it arrives!

I applied in the UK this year and all details are final when you hit submit APART from the passport number; I'm new here so can't submit a screenshot but there's an option under the "My Profile" tab in the Kompass account to change the number. I can only assume this is quite a common problem hence why they have this option.

Hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

seeing as france has now finished it's process i'd say we'll be hearing some news shortly.

If i'm right you all owe me a pint :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Twirlfiona

TannySilva wrote: »
    TwirlFiona don't worry, you can apply using your current passport number and then later on update your Kompass account with your new passport number when it arrives!

I applied in the UK this year and all details are final when you hit submit APART from the passport number; I'm new here so can't submit a screenshot but there's an option under the "My Profile" tab in the Kompass account to change the number. I can only assume this is quite a common problem hence why they have this option.

Hope this helps

Thank you so much!! Really hope ill be able to do this. . What about the expiry date though. I thought that in order to get a visa you need to have a passport that's in date for two years? Do they not check that until you're entering the country?

Called into the passport office this morning. The woman was very nice and as helpful as she could be. Unfortunately there is nothing she can do as visas aren't given the same priority as flight details. As far as my application is concerned I'm low priority!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Some good news today, and that would be great, Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Starperson

I have all my paperwork lodged with Visa FIrst, since December. I hope it opens soon!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭parabol

Starperson wrote: »
    I have all my paperwork lodged with Visa FIrst, since December. I hope it opens soon!!!!

They cannot apply for you (legally).

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

Thank you so much!! Really hope ill be able to do this. . What about the expiry date though. I thought that in order to get a visa you need to have a passport that's in date for two years? Do they not check that until you're entering the country?

Called into the passport office this morning. The woman was very nice and as helpful as she could be. Unfortunately there is nothing she can do as visas aren't given the same priority as flight details. As far as my application is concerned I'm low priority!

1. I am currently renewing my passport. May I submit my application with a photocopy of my previous passport and a letter stating that my passport is being renewed?
    No. You must submit a scan of the appropriate pages of your new passport, otherwise your application will be considered incomplete.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

parabol wrote: »
    They cannot apply for you (legally).

Where does it say this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Starperson

Has anyone else got police reports in December? I have UK and Australian police reports dated 12 December 2013. When these expire what will I do? Should I apply for new ones?

Silvio67 wrote: »
    Where does it say this?

On the IEC website http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/experience_canada_experience/third_party_representatives_policy-politique_representants_tierces_parties.aspx

I suggest reading through this website in full. I know the link is for the UK but my work IP is in the UK. It says the same for Ireland if you look for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bear83

If I were to only stay in Canada for 1 year and then come home, does my passport still have to be valid for two years?
    For example, if I were to go in July of 2014 and return July 2015, if my passport is vaild until August 2015, is this ok? I had presumed it was but now I dont think so. Its probably abit late to apply for a new passport now. Can somebody confirm this?

• Advertisement

Silvio67 wrote: »
    1. I am currently renewing my passport. May I submit my application with a photocopy of my previous passport and a letter stating that my passport is being renewed?
    No. You must submit a scan of the appropriate pages of your new passport, otherwise your application will be considered incomplete.

This only applies if you are renewing your passport because it has expired NOT if it is still valid at the time (and for the duration) of your Kompass application as it will be for TwirlFiona as hers expires in July.

My boyfriend successfully got his Conditional Acceptance Letter through Kompass even though his passport was due to expire in August.

Once he got his new passport he updated the number in his Kompass Account and then lodged his MyCIC application (in the UK you have 60 days to submit to MyCIC from the date of your CAL).

We both got our Port of Entry letters early Feb so it didn't cause us any issues.

Like I said there's an option in the Kompass Account to update your passport number which wouldn't be there if this was a no no

TannySilva wrote: »
    This only applies if you are renewing your passport because it has expired NOT if it is still valid at the time (and for the duration) of your Kompass application as it will be for TwirlFiona as hers expires in July.

My boyfriend successfully got his Conditional Acceptance Letter through Kompass even though his passport was due to expire in August.

Once he got his new passport he updated the number in his Kompass Account and then lodged his MyCIC application (in the UK you have 60 days to submit to MyCIC from the date of your CAL).

We both got our Port of Entry letters early Feb so it didn't cause us any issues.

Like I said there's an option in the Kompass Account to update your passport number which wouldn't be there if this was a no no

Trying to attach a screenshot of my Kompass Account showing where you can update your passport number - lets see if this works!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

Will today be THE day????

ckgirl wrote: »
    Will today be THE day????

Eeeeep. I get so nervous. I don't know what I'm going to do at 3pm everyday now, after this opens.

eenm wrote: »
    4 days eh? Do you know something we don't...? Or am I missing the point?

Ha, yeah sorry, you are missing the point. I fly home 4 days after my IEC expires to wait it out at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

parabol wrote: »
    Eeeeep. I get so nervous. I don't know what I'm going to do at 3pm everyday now, after this opens.

Not today people surprise surprise

I've stopped checking at this stage. Just fed up with the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

Not today people surprise surprise

Sad face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Starperson wrote: »
    Has anyone else got police reports in December? I have UK and Australian police reports dated 12 December 2013. When these expire what will I do? Should I apply for new ones?

Hi, yes I think you should. I had the same situation. It was an annoyance growing in the back of mind as this strung out longer. I bit the bullet and did it all again. (Ireland + Italy) It's quite a relief at this point to have a fresh 3 months, yes I say do it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Embassy of Canada

Admin Edit: I'm a troll. Nothing to see here.

Advertisement