Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 icic

I missed all the drama. What did the post from "Embassy of Canada" say?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

icic wrote: »
    I missed all the drama. What did the post from "Embassy of Canada" say?

Visas for some
    Miniature Canadian Flags for others

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

allanb49 wrote: »
    Visas for some
    Miniature Canadian Flags for others

Hahaha!

It was someone pretending to work at Dublin embassy, said visas out March 26th. A cruel joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Phoenix wrote: »
    New prospective IEC entrants have to prove their loyalty to their Temporary Canadian overloads by getting a maple leaf tattoo and composing a 500 word essay on why Avril Lavigne Justin Bieber Tom Green Nickelback Sum41 Celine Dion William Shatner is the greatest peace ambassador to humankind

:pac:

Made it more belieberable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

The real irony is in the grammatical mistakes :pac::D

Yes with the final round of France finished now, surely there will be more movement this week. Fingers crossed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 icic

surely there will be more movement this week.

Do you have a source for this information or are you just speculating? It's not right to give people false hope :(

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Do you have a source for this information or are you just speculating? It's not right to give people false hope

He's not giving anyone false hope. He just means he hope's there is movement this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

Ok I'm really sorry but I thought I'd everything sorted for the stage 1..can someone please clarify if we need to submit a photo along with copy of passport and a resume? I thought the photo was at stage 2?!

• Advertisement

Ok I'm really sorry but I thought I'd everything sorted for the stage 1..can someone please clarify if we need to submit a photo along with copy of passport and a resume? I thought the photo was at stage 2?!

Stage 1 = passport and CV.
    Stage 2 = photos for visa and police cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

guest124 wrote: »
    Stage 1 = passport and CV.
    Stage 2 = photos for visa and police cert.

Thank you so much; my bad, I misread the ICAN Facebook update!

Look here folks for Application Info!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057118904

Phoenix wrote: »
    Stage 1 also payment or is it ten days after your submit your application?

You will have 10 days after creating kompass account to pay. Within 24 hours of creating kompass account (I think) you will recieve email from kompass with instructions for paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Clazicolleen

If I live in the north but have the irish passport, do I go to the police for a check or the gardai?

Police. Heres the form you need!

http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

If I live in the north but have the irish passport, do I go to the police for a check or the gardai?

Police. It's their jurisdiction you reside in.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Clazicolleen

EI-DOR wrote: »

45 quid?! Is it just me thinking they were free??

45 quid?! Is it just me thinking they were free??

Yup that's the price!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

icic wrote: »
    Do you have a source for this information or are you just speculating? It's not right to give people false hope :(

I appreciate your concern and I've no plan to tease people about dates. I think that it is OK to talk about this though. The third round of the French visas have just finished, so technically yes, there is movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

Des anybody know if unlocked phones bought here will work fine over there? I heard that 3G doesn't work when you use a phone that was bought here in Canada and America?

Probably a silly question but best off asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Chewabacca wrote: »
    Des anybody know if unlocked phones bought here will work fine over there? I heard that 3G doesn't work when you use a phone that was bought here in Canada and America?

Probably a silly question but best off asking.

3G doesn't work for a lot of phones on pay as you go packages. I know it didn't for iPhone's, but my friends nexus managed to get it.

Not sure if you can sign up for bill pay with Irish phone, although I would think that you can.

Packages are expensive over there too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Knex. wrote: »
    3G doesn't work for a lot of phones on pay as you go packages. I know it didn't for iPhone's, but my friends nexus managed to get it.

Not sure if you can sign up for bill pay with Irish phone, although I would think that you can.

Packages are expensive over there too though.

depending on where ya go tho i know in Toronto wind do a really good deal for 50 dollars a month free us+canada with calls free international texts and 1cent a minute international calls and 5 gb of data etc etc for 50 dollars a month which is like 30 or so euro .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Cannot wait to leave this country and get over there

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

You, me and thousands of other people too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭parabol

Have they ever announced it less than 72 hours before for any other countries this year? Just out of curiosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Cannot wait to leave this country and get over there
    Foley48 wrote: »
    You, me and thousands of other people too! :)

You unpatriotic bast*rds!! I cannot wait to get out of this dumphole and away from people like "yous"

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

They need to announce it today!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭parabol

They need to announce it today!!

They "needed" to announce it in January, but this is the situation and there is nothing we can do about it.

Advertisement