Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

parabol wrote: »
    They "needed" to announce it in January, but this is the situation and there is nothing we can do about it.

... Didn't say there was?? :/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 icic

Nothing today either, surprise surprise :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Good to see that the Canadian civil service is as lazy and inefficient as their Irish counterparts

• Registered Users Posts: 27 vicquebec

@icic:

You will find that is very untrue. You should brush up on the news in Canada, with the changes to immigration laws the country is trying to introduce. This will mean possible delay.. Ireland is not as special as you might think..

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

So people are allowed to moan about it not being open each day yet we aren't allowed to moan about them doing so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

What are you talking about? I was excited at the prospect of moving to Canada. That's moaning? Haha. I'm done with this thread. Hope I don't meet any of the cantankerous posters over there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

Tensions in the waiting lounge are rising.....

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭parabol

Sloth89 wrote: »

It's all just a psychological experiment :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

ustari wrote: »
    So people are allowed to moan about it not being open each day yet we aren't allowed to moan about them doing so?

Best post Today :-) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 47 123DarcySt

Sloth89 wrote: »
    ...again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ciaran12

ustari wrote: »

Of course you can! But we get to moan about you moaning about us moaning about the delay... :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

vicquebec wrote: »
    @icic:

You will find that is very untrue. You should brush up on the news in Canada, with the changes to immigration laws the country is trying to introduce. This will mean possible delay.. Ireland is not as special as you might think..

Really? really?...we're not special?? I thought everyone wants to be Irish??! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 vicquebec

@ckgirl:

well this is a symptom of the allocation for Ireland rising so much.. more applicants= more resources needed on the part of the IEC. These resources MUST be in place before it opens to avoid you know what...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 icic

Meanwhile, at the Canadian civil service...

iec.jpg

I think I'll get a job with the iec so I can sit on my arse for 11 months of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

ciaran12 wrote: »
    Of course you can! But we get to moan about you moaning about us moaning about the delay... :P

I love how we're all picking sides on this with our 'Thanks' ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jj1787

Whats the odds on it been paddys day

jj1787 wrote: »
    Whats the odds on it been paddys day

I'd guess about the same as it being today, or any day in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ciaran12

Are Paddy Power taking bets on this yet??? :D

ciaran12 wrote: »
    Are Paddy Power taking bets on this yet??? :D

I'd place a bet on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

One of my best mates just left this morning to start his Canadian adventure :( He got his visa at the very last minute last yr-I was stupid enough to dilly dally about it then (I'd just had a horrific break up and was not in the frame of mind to be making decisions).

I'm really sad he's gone :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 hippo2472

Make sure you are near a computer this Friday, Monday and Tuesday guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

hippo2472 wrote: »
    Make sure you are near a computer this Friday, Monday and Tuesday guys.

Dear hippo2472,
    If the Canadian visa webpage does not update on the days specified in your post as quoted above; I, along with a number of other boards.ie members, will murder you to death.

Best Regards,

GrumPy

GrumPy wrote: »
    Dear hippo2472,
    If the Canadian visa webpage does not update on the days specified in your post as quoted above; I, along with a number of other boards.ie members, will murder you to death.

Best Regards,

GrumPy

We've all heard dozens of opening date rumours by this stage, this is just another one added to the mix that i cannot back up. We are all smart enough to know that nothing is certain at this stage, they might not open for another few weeks or even months. Take this for just another rumour, nothing more.

We've all heard dozens of opening date rumours by this stage, this is just another one added to the mix that i cannot back up. We are all smart enough to know that nothing is certain at this stage, they might not open for another few weeks or even months. Take this for just another rumour, nothing more.

I think we all did take it as a rumour :)
    I know you can't back it up, but where did you hear it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

parabol wrote: »
    I think we all did take it as a rumour :)
    I know you can't back it up, but where did you hear it?

Honestly guys, i can't and won't say, or anything else on it. I probably shouldn't have said anything (more so because Grumpy is now going to kill me if there is no movement, slowly too i bet!). It's just i know how exhausting and hard this is for people, i thought you would appreciate any rumour that people might hear, no matter how vague it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Phoenix wrote: »
    Anyone want a game of checkers while we wait?:D

Is there anything to be said for another mass?

Honestly guys, i can't and won't say, or anything else on it. I probably shouldn't have said anything (more so because Grumpy is now going to kill me if there is no movement, slowly too i bet!). It's just i know how exhausting and hard this is for people, i thought you would appreciate any rumour that people might hear, no matter how vague it was.

I definitely welcome this glimmer of hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

If that page updates this week, I'll by everyone in this thread a pint.. except for hippo2472 :pac:

If that page updates this week, I'll by everyone in this thread a pint.. except for hippo2472 :pac:

Wonderful, will you buy it for me when we get to Canada please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Bookmarked.

;)

Advertisement