Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

The update to the IEC page when they said "IEC will announce the opening date for the 2014 quota on this page 24 to 72 hours in advance of the opening." was made at around 7 o clock Irish time wasnt it? why does everyone think 3 o clock is the only time?

Precisely my concern. I'll be on Ottawa time next week anyway, so all the better!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

The update to the IEC page when they said "IEC will announce the opening date for the 2014 quota on this page 24 to 72 hours in advance of the opening." was made at around 7 o clock Irish time wasnt it? why does everyone think 3 o clock is the only time?

Any announcement of opening tho has been made at 3 is why

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

GrumPy wrote: »
    I assume they don't have to update the page at 10:00 (local time) every morning though, right?
    I guess technically there is no reason why they wouldn't update the page after lunch, etc...
    Damn it, now I'll be worried and refreshing every hour, on the hour after 15:00 Irish time, too. :o

I think its because it's usually 10am Ottawa time that the kompass application has opened, so it will probably give exact 24 or 72 hour notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Yep there is some buzz about this now. About that Irish Times article, they admit straight away that their previous updates on this were in line with available info at that time. The next bit seems like they know something. I took a peek at ICAN (now ICIC) and nothing is there except for the updated on the process + docs. I emailed the embassy too, I'm sure they'll fobb me off but if enough of us do it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

So who is canadachat and why would i want to join there chatroom

• Advertisement

astonaidan wrote: »
    So who is canadachat and why would i want to join there chatroom

Wonderd that myself actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

Yep there is some buzz about this now. About that Irish Times article, they admit straight away that their previous updates on this were in line with available info at that time. The next bit seems like they know something. I took a peek at ICAN (now ICIC) and nothing is there except for the updated on the process + docs. I emailed the embassy too, I'm sure they'll fobb me off but if enough of us do it...

Tried that myself a few weeks back. Well and truly fobbed off!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Loblox

Trying to apply for the holiday visa online. Anyone have any experience with that? I'm at sea here.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jj1787

Loblox wrote: »
    My boss told me about a month ago that she would keep me on provided I get the visa. It's just getting the damn thing.

Yes, I'm actually on my second Canadian police cert now.

What documents did you need to get your Canadian police check and how much did you pay? I got quoted $45 plus tax from a private company who send the prints to the RCMP but they said I needed to bring two forms of id and my work permit.

Icic says March 13th!? On Facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

Just saw that on facebook. Need confirmation here people!

Couldn't copy and paste... hope attachment works here.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭stevief01

JOKE, this is!!!!

guest124 wrote: »
    Couldn't copy and paste... hope attachment works here.

So 2 rounds for working holiday?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

First and second rounds for us???

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2014/2014-03-06.asp
    For 2014, the number of spots available is 10,700, including 2,500 for the Young Professional category, 500 for the International Co-op category and 7,700 for the Working Holiday category.
    For Irish nationals, the Young Professional and International Co-op categories will open for applications on March 11, 2014, and the first round for the Working Holiday category will open for applications on March 13, 2014.

Any explanation of the new stream and what it actually is?

Silvio67 wrote: »

Only 7700 ek! Whats the young professional thing then?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 123DarcySt

• Registered Users Posts: 44 rlad

about fooking time an all :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

123DarcySt wrote: »

So young professionals sounds like placements for students, or for those Already in Canada on the IEC from last year? Then those of us who have no jobs lined up just apply for the WHV as usual?

Faith wrote: »
    So young professionals sounds like placements for students, or for those Already in Canada on the IEC from last year? Then those of us who have no jobs lined up just apply for the WHV as usual?

Exactly yeah pretty sure it's for people with placements. So just the wuv then

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Website has been updated aswel!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Exactly

Actually, seems I'm wrong:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/young_professionals-jeunes_professionnels.aspx says that for the Young Professionals category:
    not have participated in the IEC Working Holiday or Young Professional’s category before.

The young professionals are people with jobs lined up already it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Round 2 TBA. Where did ICIC get the 29th?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Faith wrote: »

It says you can't apply for the young professionals if you e already participated in the IEC, so people currently in canada will have to apply for the whv

• Registered Users Posts: 47 123DarcySt

Great!! I have a wedding that day. Now what am I to do??

123DarcySt wrote: »
    Great!! I have a wedding that day. Now what am I to do??

ehh dont go or get someone ready to do it for you ?

• Advertisement

Young Professional vs WH has me concerned now.
    I intend to only travel if I have a job already agreed and waiting for me, but there are far less young professional ones than WH ones, I imagine WH is the safest option? Not really sure what to go for now!

:confused:

Advertisement