Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

So 3850 WHVs per round. Going to be a tight one!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Hopefully we will be able to pay by credit card, and not messing about with account numbers. Also, their servers better stay responsive when I'm setting up Kompass, or I'll have a panic attack! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

EI-DOR wrote: »
    So 3850 WHVs per round. Going to be a tight one!

doesnt give a break down ! really could be 5000 then the remainder or whatever as an example .

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

Tighter than two coats of paint!

everyone got there typing fingers ready ? lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

7500 is a lot. Anyone who wants one will get one.

Yea if your Internet is good and fast :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

GrumPy wrote: »
    Young Professional vs WH has me concerned now.
    I intend to only travel if I have a job already agreed and waiting for me, but there are far less young professional ones than WH ones, I imagine WH is the safest option? Not really sure what to go for now!

:confused:

Well have you got your signed contract for the Young Professional visa? A week is very short notice for people to get that sorted, and the conditions of the contract seem quite strict. I don't think they'll get snapped up as quick as the WH.

7500 is a lot. Anyone who wants one will get one.

no exactly and anyone that has a job offer already applies for young professional instead .

Yea if your Internet is good and fast :pac:

still on dial up there man ? hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

I'm cartwheeling round the kitchen

still on dial up there man ? hahaha

Lmao haha.. Feels like it mate!

I'm cartwheeling round the kitchen

Watch you don't break any of the plates :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Praying for no storms next week. Imagine electricity going (internet connected through phone so needs electricity!)

Lmao haha.. Feels like it mate!

nah id say it be grand im sure once eveyone here is on as soon as they open they be grand .

guest124 wrote: »
    Praying for no storms next week. Imagine electricity going (internet connected through phone so needs electricity!)

laptop charged and get your mobile ready to tether then lol just in case !

nah id say it be grand im sure once eveyone here is on as soon as they open they be grand .

Tbh man I might have to give it a miss due to my knee Injury. It's not healing right and I will sure as hell wreck it in Canada again doing heavy work. You know yourself what problems I will get into if I'm injured!

Tbh man I might have to give it a miss due to my knee Injury. It's not healing right and I will sure as hell wreck it in Canada again doing heavy work. You know yourself what problems I will get into if I'm injured!

depends really think you can have it back in shape but this time next year? i mean ya never know might still be worth applying.

depends really think you can have it back in shape but this time next year? i mean ya never know might still be worth applying.

Yeah you wouldn't have to go until this time next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ciaran12

EVERYTHING'S SUDDENLY GETTING SO MUCH MORE REAL!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

Anything stopping us from sneaking in a registered Kompass account on the 11th then using it for the Working Holiday on the 13th?

Silvio67 wrote: »
    Anything stopping us from sneaking in a registered Kompass account on the 11th then using it for the Working Holiday on the 13th?

Probably on the terms and conditions part of application that you have to agree to.

I don't even know. It's actually been injured a good year or more and only started getting bad again before xmas. Went again on me a month ago so back on the crutches at the minute!

I suppose they won't change the year rule to 2 years to enter Canada. Would help ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Fantastic question, would love the answer! I'll be in NYC March 12th - 20th, I'll have a tablet, smartphone and I can borrow my friends laptop for the day! I'm worried if I rely on tablet/smartphone kompass will not work correctly though and feck up my application. USIT mentioned firefox is the recommended browser because kompass is shaky as hell, and I don't trust Android version of firefox at all!

im sure they already thought of that.id say that the application on opening the account .you only be able to open the kompass selective for the specfic category.

I'm equal parts nervous and excited. Dont think I will be able to sleep tonight!

Didnt someone promise us pints if we got news this week? :p

I don't even know. It's actually been injured a good year or more and only started getting bad again before xmas. Went again on me a month ago so back on the crutches at the minute!

I suppose they won't change the year rule to 2 years to enter Canada. Would help ha!

ahh balls shame man ! suppose there always next year to apply for too if you dont !

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ciaran12

GrumPy wrote: »
    USIT mentioned firefox is the recommended browser because kompass is shaky as hell

That could be a useful bit of info if it's true. I remember having trouble in the past with a rather important form on a certain Irish government website failing to work in some browsers.

Surely if kompass had major issues in any commonly used browser though we'd see loads of complaints?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

Anybody know what time they're released?

• Advertisement

Chewabacca wrote: »
    Anybody know what time they're released?

Should be 3PM.

Advertisement