Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

6QNiMA.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Lookit, not everyone is as committed and prepared as we are. I'm sure there's only a fraction of people who'll be trying to apply at exactly 3pm on the 13th. We'll all be fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

As long as the bloody site holds up . That's all I'm worried about

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Faith wrote: »
    Lookit, not everyone is as committed and prepared as we are. I'm sure there's only a fraction of people who'll be trying to apply at exactly 3pm on the 13th. We'll all be fine :)

exactly ! and plus how many people are gonna **** it up etc . we all be grand . we need to have a i survivied the boardies iec waiting lounge meet up in respective citys ! lol

exactly ! and plus how many people are gonna **** it up etc . we all be grand . we need to have a i survivied the boardies iec waiting lounge meet up in respective citys ! lol

That's a great idea :D

• Advertisement

So whats everyone gonna do at 3 o'clock tomorrow then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

The person who said they were going away for a few weeks where they wouldn't be able to get internet access, hope you aren't heading away next week! Cant remember date you said.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Why do what we do at 15:00 every day, check the Canadian visa page just in case! :pac:

GrumPy wrote: »
    Why do what we do at 15:00 every day, check the Canadian visa page just in case! :pac:

jaysis grumpy give the f5 key a break till thursday !lol :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Try to take over the World IEC's page?

The_Brain.gif

• Advertisement

jaysis grumpy give the f5 key a break till thursday !lol :p

:D Is F5 still F5 on a Macbook?! I'll be relying on a Macbook to register on, the F5 key is worn away on my current Windows machine. :pac:

:D Is F5 still F5 on a Macbook?! I'll be relying on a Macbook to register on, the F5 key is worn away on my current Windows machine. :pac:

Ctrl + R is where its at nowadays :D

Cmd + R will probably work on a mac... Probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

f5-key-refresh-addiction.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

It was touch and go at times

Knex. wrote: »
    Ctrl + R is where its at nowadays :D

Cmd + R will probably work on a mac... Probably.

They have internet in NYC right?!
    RIGHT?!
    I'm terrified I won't be able to register, purely because I'll be in unfamiliar surroundings. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

Boards friends, I think I might cry.
    This is a wonderful day. GrumPy you are the (Wo)man.

Yes.

Now to get accepted for the sodding thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Sloth89 wrote: »
    It was touch and go at times

Self-doubt is going to kick in on Wednesday night so I'm gonna need someone to reassure me that a toddler could apply so I will be grand.

They have internet in NYC right?!
    RIGHT?!
    I'm terrified I won't be able to register, purely because I'll be in unfamiliar surroundings. :pac:

Lived in NY for 6 months. Loved it.

Plenty of spots around to get on the Net, no worries there.

guest124 wrote: »
    Didnt someone promise us pints if we got news this week? :p

No. :pac:

Every Starbucks in NYC has free wifi :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 RinTinTin

Well people, I turn 36 on Wednesday 13th march. Any point in applying or is it to late ?

RinTinTin wrote: »
    Well people, I turn 36 on Wednesday 13th march. Any point in applying or is it to late ?

i think it maybe too late too . because you be 36 the day before.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭edgy

I think the clocks go forward in Canada this weekend so it may be 2pm that it opens..

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kitchenchair

***IMPORTANT NOTE***

Just a piece of advice. Make sure you put your name on the application AS PER YOUR PASSPORT. If your passport has your middle name on it then put your middle name on your application. I know one girl who made this mistake when applying for the UK IEC and got rejected and there are no second chances. She has to wait until next year. Doh!!!!

edgy wrote: »
    I think the clocks go forward in Canada this weekend so it may be 2pm that it opens..

You're right actually! Thanks for that!!

I must arrange to leave work earlier on Thursday so.

Faith wrote: »
    You're right actually! Thanks for that!!

I must arrange to leave work earlier on Thursday so.

shussh keep it quiet! lol

March 13th, Visas come out.

March 14th, Steak and Blowjob day.

March 15th, weekend, baby!

- - -
    Awesome :cool:

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

IEC opening wuhoo!

I really hope we are part of a small group of very prepared people! That's my sister's birthday! Time to check out the requiements for the two new categories.

It's a crazy time for leaving Europe. Is anyone else watching the news? The shizz just got real about Ukraine. Many are saying the new Cold War has just bugun. This would be the first time that a united Europe would go to war.

5 lessons for a new Cold War
    http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/06/opinion/ghitis-new-cold-war/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

If Russia swallows Ukraine, the European system is finished
    http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/05/opinion/russia-ukraine-austria/index.html?iref=obinsite

IEC opening wuhoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Loblox

Okay, so looking over everything, this is what I took away. Coop is no good to me, do I go for Young Professional or Working Holiday? Can I apply for both? Young professional looks better, but I'll wait a bit for more info.

Didn't realise I needed proof of funds for the holiday visa, lucky I looked into with time before my current visa runs out, so I'm moving a bit from my Irish to my Canadian account which I'll have either Saturday or Monday and I'll apply as soon as I get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

Advertisement