Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

March 14th, Steak and Blowjob day.

Well for some :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Loblox wrote: »
    Okay, so looking over everything, this is what I took away. Coop is no good to me, do I go for Young Professional or Working Holiday? Can I apply for both? Young professional looks better, but I'll wait a bit for more info.

Didn't realise I needed proof of funds for the holiday visa, lucky I looked into with time before my current visa runs out, so I'm moving a bit from my Irish to my Canadian account which I'll have either Saturday or Monday and I'll apply as soon as I get it.

if you're currently in canada on iec or have previously participated in the iec you cant apply for the young professionals category.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

if you're currently in canada on iec or have previously participated in the iec you cant apply for the young professionals category.

You can. The same IEC rule for the WHV regarding those who participated before 2013 applies. If you've only been issued a 12 month visa previously you're eligible to apply again. Anything beyond 12 months and you can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 123DarcySt

ehh dont go or get someone ready to do it for you ?

I am just freaking out cos I've been sitting on me arse for the past two months waiting for this to open and the one day I am away from the computer...March 13th. :eek: Glad they're out though. I have me fingers crossed for everyone of ye (including meself of course) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

So what does everybody think realistically about how fast the 7700 whv will go.... I honestly don't think they will go as fast as last year as most of them got taken by people all ready on the initial 12 month one and benefitted getting a further 24 month one if they applied last year after the changes were applied .

• Advertisement

Between them and people applying for the first time they were gone In no time, I don't think that they will go as fast this year , or is this just wishful thinking on my behalf??????as only newbies should be applying this year round .

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

gccrowley1 wrote: »
    Between them and people applying for the first time they were gone In no time, I don't think that they will go as fast this year , or is this just wishful thinking on my behalf??????as only newbies should be applying this year round .

I don't know if its just cause ive been looking out for visa news or if there really is a huge demand this year! I kinda think 2+yrs ago Australia was the "it country" to go to and the people that went there have the travelling bug so Canada is their next option.

Canada is definitely the "it country" now. How many of us had friends say "I hear the Canada visas are open..." because of the many radio adverts by usit,or some other third-party advertisement.

I reckon round 1 will be closed in 20minutes.

guest124 wrote: »
    I don't know if its just cause ive been looking out for visa news or if there really is a huge demand this year! I kinda think 2+yrs ago Australia was the "it country" to go to and the people that went there have the travelling bug so Canada is their next option.

Canada is definitely the "it country" now. How many of us had friends say "I hear the Canada visas are open..." because of the many radio adverts by usit,or some other third-party advertisement.

Suppose.......... I never thought of that lot over there who all ready had their chance in oz and now trying to take all the IEC visa's from us...........

By the way if any body took any offence by that comment I was only taking the piss....... Calm down..... Only saying cause I know how ratty people can be here at times for no real important reasons.... It's only a chat !!!!!!!!! Remember !!!!

Suppose.......... I never thought of that lot over there who all ready had their chance I oz and now trying to take all the IEC visa's from us...........

I know of a few Australia returnees planning to go to Canada now. I will be ripping if they get and I dont just cause,as your said, they've had the new country experience! But ya know, we all want the adventure so I cant hold it against them :D

• Advertisement

I really hope it does not go that fast.... I have been watching like a hawk since well before November when we were led to believe they were being released and I really hope I am in with a chance to get one , along with my wife and child....... 7700 people really is a lot of people .....

I know of a few Australia returnees planning to go to Canada now. I will be ripping if they get and I dont just cause,as your said, they've had the new country experience! But ya know, we all want the adventure so I cant hold it against them :D

Ah sure I know..... No point In them guys coming back here anyway....... I have a few close friends myself over there, but there well settled at this stage ....... Sure once I get myself and my family over I'm easy....... Smiley face ...... I don't know how to put one up!!!!!!! Haha hahahah thinks it's either my phone or the couple of bottles of red causing me not to be able to find the owl smiley faces...... But I had to celebrate the news of them being released.....

I really hope it does not go that fast.... I have been watching like a hawk since well before November when we were led to believe they were being released and I really hope I am in with a chance to get one , along with my wife and child....... 7700 people really is a lot of people .....

Yeah,I'm the same.waiting since October. I do think it will go that fast but I'd say round 2 will be slower. Round 1 will be all us eager beavers that have been on the iec page every day for months!

Yeah,I'm the same.waiting since October. I do think it will go that fast but I'd say round 2 will be slower. Round 1 will be all us eager beavers that have been on the iec page every day for months!

Yeh...... I'm pretty sick of the site of the page to be honest.....

@guest124..... Where you planning on going ? What do you do for a living? I'm a sparks hoping to go to calgary with my family and work up north maybe !

Yeh...... I'm pretty sick of the site of the page to be honest.....

Cant wait to delete the bookmarked tap!!
    Sure once I get myself and my family over I'm easy....... Smiley face ...... I don't know how to put one up!!!!!

There are no smileys, just make one with : D(no spaces!) It comes up emoticony then :D

Cant wait to delete the bookmarked tap!!

There are no smileys, just make one with : D(no spaces!) It comes up emoticony then :D

Ah cool.... :D

It works ...... :P

So did that......

Sorry!!!!!.going off topic there..... :D:D:D

• Advertisement

@guest124..... Where you planning on going ? What do you do for a living? I'm a sparks hoping to go to calgary with my family and work up north maybe !

I'm an umemployed law graduate. Looking for work and an adventure! I hate the cold so Canada's a highly illogical choice really haha
    Hoping to go to Vancouver,mainly cause hear its less cold than the rest but also it seems like a fun outdoorsy spot. But the more I research the more torn I get, job prospectus wise. So we shall see when the time comes!

I'm an umemployed law graduate. Looking for work and an adventure! I hate the cold so Canada's a highly illogical choice really haha
    Hoping to go to Vancouver,mainly cause hear its less cold than the rest but also it seems like a fun outdoorsy spot. But the more I research the more torn I get, job prospectus wise. So we shall see when the time comes!

Friend if mine in Vancouver ..... Absolutely loves it.... Weather supposedly close ish to Ireland but he and his partner go away skiing and snowboarding and hiking all the time .......only thing for me is....... Rainy dull weather is depressing ...... At least freezing cold snow feels different a and exciting......!!!! For some strange reason..... Maybe I'm just justifying going to calgary....... But sure **** it....... This place is just depressing full stop so the adventure alone will be well worth it.

Friend if mine in Vancouver ..... Absolutely loves it.... Weather supposedly close ish to Ireland but he and his partner go away skiing and snowboarding and hiking all the time .......only thing for me is....... Rainy dull weather is depressing ...... At least freezing cold snow feels different a and exciting......!!!! For some strange reason..... Maybe I'm just justifying going to calgary....... But sure **** it....... This place is just depressing full stop so the adventure alone will be well worth it.

Yeah like you'd get used to the cold after awhile I suppose! I'm sure your kid will love the snow too!

Yeah like you'd get used to the cold after awhile I suppose! I'm sure your kid will love the snow too!

I'd like to think so ..... Otherwise it's such a waste of an IEC visa.....:D. I'm tole over and over again that it's cold , very cold , but a different type of cold.... I
    Suppose they only way to understand that comment is to experience it....... Hopefully we can bare it..... But why not . So many other people do and love it......I suppose only time will tell, for all of us. Good luck where ever you end up, I really hope it works out for you!

Good luck where ever you end up, I really hope it works out for you!

Thank you gccrowley! Same to you and your family. Fingers crossed we get it sorted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

How do you guys feel that they've broken up the visas into different categories? I thought there would be 10,000 places up for grabs but it seems it's less than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Great news all! Fingers at the ready. Hope everyone gets sorted.

I will be doing this with the missus ... Quick couple of questions.

1) Any concern about us doing the application at the same time off the same network? Likely to cause any problems? One will be laptop via Wireless other will be PC connected via RJ45. Both same router. I wouldn't imagine so but just in case others had issues before.

2) Im in the process of trying to get a move over to Canada with work but it is only based on a role being opened. There currently isnt but there likely is going to be one in the next 2-3 months. If I was to apply to the WHV (Because i dont have a contract right now with a job for the YPV) and I got the WHV but then got a job over there would it make any difference with WHV that i had a job signed and sealed before going over?

3) Anyone know if it is going to be account transfer payment again or will we have CC payment options?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 hippo2472

Well i said to be at your computers Monday and Tuesday next week, when in fact it will now be Wednesday and Thursday...

I failed you all!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ciaran12

MarkJD wrote: »
    Great news all! Fingers at the ready. Hope everyone gets sorted.

1) Any concern about us doing the application at the same time off the same network? Likely to cause any problems? One will be laptop via Wireless other will be PC connected via RJ45. Both same router. I wouldn't imagine so but just in case others had issues before.

Unless they deliberately designed the site in such a way as to screw over people in your situation, it won't be a problem - I wouldn't worry about it at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Just saw this on the step-by-step application guide.

Note: IEC may request that you submit additional documents during the assessment phase.

Has this always been up? I wonder what these additional documents could be?

Advertisement