Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

hippo2472 wrote: »
    Well i said to be at your computers Monday and Tuesday next week, when in fact it will now be Wednesday and Thursday...

I failed you all!

My bad, I thought it was GrumPy that said this!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Smellysack wrote: »

"If your country has more than one category, you can create a Kompass account any time a category is open – and work on your application, even if your category is currently closed. You can only submit your application, once your category quota is open.

If your country has only one category with several rounds, you can only create a Kompass account when a quota is open. If you were able to create a Kompass account but did not submit your application before the quota closed, you can work on your application and submit it when your category quota re-opens."

Looks like we can create an account on Tuesday so! :D:D:D
    Don't tell anyone! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Very interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Nice one....

Lads delete them posts, nobody is to know :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

EI-DOR wrote: »
    Nice one....

Lads delete them posts, nobody is to know :pac:

Do it no one will check lol I mean thr stupid question brigade don't read lol those pages anyway lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Schneeaky Schnaaaeks :)

I like it!

MarkJD wrote: »
    Schneeaky Schnaaaeks :)

I like it!

Exactly **** emm hahahahaha

Quick before the Mods appear :pac:

:-P sure just keep chatting knock that back a page or 2 lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

It's so funny, even on all the Facebook groups, everything has gone silent...thousands of us all asking questions, then when there's official news, everyone's gone...

I can see FEET under that curtain you know...:D

It's so funny, even on all the Facebook groups, everything has gone silent...thousands of us all asking questions, then when there's official news, everyone's gone...

I can see FEET under that curtain you know...:D
    Yeah but wasn't the number one question on the fb groups "when's the iec open?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Smellysack

The comments are not on page 2 yet HURRY!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Canada eh :)

What does everyone think about demand for the visas now? Will the two new visas ease demand a little for the working holiday? Has demand stayed the same since last year, gone down or is higher? So the WH will be split in two, roughly half perhaps on two occasions also...

So does this mean we could have the kompass account created, log into it and fill out the information required, and then simply log in on weds and click submit?

Sssssshhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

How will the Kompass account differentiate your application from a young workers to a working holiday if you set up your account early? Will there be something in the Kompass account that asks you to select which one you want to apply for?

What does everyone think about demand for the visas now? Will the two new visas ease demand a little for the working holiday? Has demand stayed the same since last year, gone down or is higher? So the WH will be split in two, roughly half perhaps on two occasions also...

I've a feeling the first round of the WHV's will be gone in about 2-3 hours.

Where did you hear that? I never heard such a thing :3

I can work with that. Wasn't the UK rounds gone between 5-15 minutes? I know one of them was 5 minutes. That was what I was worried about.

Jebus comments are coming so fast it's looking like a chat room...keep having to hit refresh...:rolleyes:

Deleted my post. Everyone else do it too ��

Wouldn't it be awful if the threads got deleted accidently somehow *cough cough* ;)

We have to assume that the visas will go as quick as 15/20 mins. So be ready to destroy the keyboard on the day with no mistakes :pac:

Don't forget you have Ireland applying, Irish in Australia and Irish in Canada re-applying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

We have to assume that the visas will go as quick as 15/20 mins. So be ready to destroy the keyboard on the day with no mistakes :pac:

Don't forget you have Ireland applying, Irish in Australia and Irish in Canada re-applying!

Not going to go that quick. Few hours maybe. You're assuming everyone out there is as prepared, obsessive and focused as people on here. Which if they were, a lot of them would be posting on here too. They will go fairly quick but it won't be a panic to get them. Remember the UK has much less visas than us, with over 10 times the population.

Not going to go that quick. Few hours maybe. You're assuming everyone out there is as prepared, obsessive and focused as people on here. Which if they were, a lot of them would be posting on here too. They will go fairly quick but it won't be a panic to get them. Remember the UK has much less visas than us, with over 10 times the population.

Indeed, agree 100%, but I think it's best we assume everyone will be prepared and just get on and get it done ta fook so we can hit the drink on Sat :pac:

I have my girlfriend practising mentally at the moment, to have it done with in 5 minutes of opening. The poor girl, she thought it would be fun, but I am going to make the next week hell for her, if she isnt practising and double checking her paperwork :mad: :pac:

Smellysack wrote: »
    I have my girlfriend practising mentally at the moment, to have it done with in 5 minutes of opening. The poor girl, she thought it would be fun, but I am going to make the next week hell for her, if she isnt practising and double checking her paperwork :mad: :pac:

Don't forget to give her a *safe* word.

That's slightly weird you know :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 hippo2472

GrumPy wrote: »
    "If your country has more than one category, you can create a Kompass account any time a category is open – and work on your application, even if your category is currently closed. You can only submit your application, once your category quota is open.

If your country has only one category with several rounds, you can only create a Kompass account when a quota is open. If you were able to create a Kompass account but did not submit your application before the quota closed, you can work on your application and submit it when your category quota re-opens."

Looks like we can create an account on Tuesday so! :D:D:D
    Don't tell anyone! :pac:

Thank you for this Grumphy. Journalists, likely from the Indo, the Journal or the Irish Times, mostly certainly do go through this thread for their research. That is the reason why i could not comment on how i heard earlier in the week that there would be movement on the visas next week.

If any journalist or wannabe journalist sees that info, they will replicate it en mass.

I have my girlfriend practising mentally at the moment, to have it done with in 5 minutes of opening. The poor girl, she thought it would be fun, but I am going to make the next week hell for her, if she isnt practising and double checking her paperwork mad.png :pac:

Haha.. That's the stuff.

Next Friday could be "Steak and BJ day for yous two" :pac::pac:

Traitor... you posted it on the latest page :O

Yes. I'm going to delete mine now and then this one after a few mins!

No you're not. You're actually deleting comments to obfuscate the process. I wonder how mods will feel about this circlejerk?

Do we have to name-call?

Back on topic - Time to re-browse the FAQ section I guess to get ready. It's here if anyone wants it:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057139067

Also, I just seen yet another airline connecting the two countries, Canadian Affair. They serve the east coast directly I see.

http://www.canadianaffair.ie/

• Advertisement

Also, I just seen yet another airline connecting the two countries, Canadian Affair. They serve the east coast directly I see.

http://www.canadianaffair.ie/

Nice one, cheers for that!

Advertisement