Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Marko10

bopper wrote: »
    That's only for those who are printing the form out and sending their application in by post. The printable version comes with a page listing all of the reasons you can apply for a police check, with a code next to each one.

If you're applying online you just pick the correct option from the drop down menu.

And the correct option would be overseas visa. I (stupidly) put down pre-employment/standard disclosure because I seem to remember reading that it should be a standard disclosure/name check only.Will I still be able to use this or will I have to apply again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

fergusb wrote: »
    I've never gone into the Garda station for a police cert. Got one a few months ago by writing a letter to my local Superintendent requesting a police cert for Canadian Visa listing my current and previous addresses and including a copy of my passport and self-addressed envelope. Got the certificate a few weeks later. Never asked for any proof or anything

Damn I should have done that! That's sounds very handy
    I think it totally depends on the Garda whether you have to show proof or not. I remember the very first year I applied for a garda cert I needed proof, so I just printed off the instruction guide where it says you need a garda clearance, and copied and pasted the "Canada Citizenship and Immigration" symbol on top of it.
    The other two times I was getting the cert I didn't need proof. Just depends on the garda, or maybe the station.

Yeah that's the feeling I got, I will print off the same hopefully that will be enough
    I agree with the above two posts. Sounds like you were just unfortunate with the person you ended up dealing with on the day.

Yeah he was a young chap and he questioned where I got the application form from and said it was an old one and I told him I got from the same station the other day. It will be third time going back to the station now when I get that thing printed off, it's great Craic in the waiting area sitting with scumbags signing on :mad:

Thanks for all the replies, very helpful.. and I'm trying to get everything sorted ASAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

you cant get the letter of good character from any garda station. You must write to your district superintendent. The garda at the station only issue vetting letters or something which is something different and not what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

Augmerson wrote: »
    Actually had a look last night on the IEC site and the Moving2Canada and couldn't find anything in it or in the FAQs. I do remember back in about 2010 when I was thinking of signing up for IEC and it was all paper forms and there is a whole section in the part 2 that you fill out with that stuff. So I imagine right now all you need is passport and resume to sign up, and when the 2nd part of the process comes in, you can then include details about family, but not 100% on that. Have you tried asking them on the Moving2Canada or Moving to Vancouver pages on Facebook (if you have FB)?

Cheers for that, I will get onto FB and ask the questions on their pages.... Thanks ......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Marko10 wrote: »
    And the correct option would be overseas visa. I (stupidly) put down pre-employment/standard disclosure because I seem to remember reading that it should be a standard disclosure/name check only.Will I still be able to use this or will I have to apply again?

I would imagine so but I honestly don't have a clue.

• Advertisement

adamski8 wrote: »
    you cant get the letter of good character from any garda station. You must write to your district superintendent. The garda at the station only issue vetting letters or something which is something different and not what you need.

You can if it's your local Garda station.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

You can if it's your local Garda station.

yeah as far as i know ya just write to the local superintendent with copy of passport and birth cert and a addressed envelope etc and they will issue it

yeah as far as i know ya just write to the local superintendent with copy of passport and birth cert and a addressed envelope etc and they will issue it

Yes you don't need to apply in person, but you can once it's at your local Garda station.

Yes you don't need to apply in person, but you can once it's at your local Garda station.

No you cant. I tried before and couldnt either. Look its simple everyone just write the damn letter. you will get it in a week or so
    http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=2742&Lang=1

No you cant. I tried before and couldnt either. Look its simple everyone just write the damn letter. you will get it in a week or so

I'm pretty sure he means hand in the letter to the station same difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Hi all, does anyone know when you can register with komapass for 2014 or do you register and submit documents at the same time and that is the start of your visa process. Afraid I may have missed the boat by not signing up on time.

Hi all, does anyone know when you can register with komapass for 2014 or do you register and submit documents at the same time and that is the start of your visa process. Afraid I may have missed the boat by not signing up on time.

Yeah you register when you apply

• Registered Users Posts: 14 S.Brolly

So kompass account registration is when? December/January, this is when the process opens for Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

You're not at all late. You're on time. It hasn't opened up yet but we're getting news that it will between now and the start of December.

Here is the official link of the Canadian embassy (it's pretty straightforward, no unneccesary confusing junk). Bascially, you just need to have a scanned image of your passport and a Canadian resume as they specify the layout (again, 50 times easier than I imagined) for stage 1 which is the real time-sensitive point.

Application step-by-step: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/application_guide-guide_demande.aspx

News on IEC 2014: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ann2905

Just making sure, but if I lived in Canada for 3 years as permanent resident before I was 18 am I right in thinking that I dont need a canadian police cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

I know some people will already have CVs done. Here is the link which tells you how the CV/Resume layout should be before submitting it!

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/resume.aspx

I know plenty that have done it when applying last year. You write to your Superintendent in charge of your district and it's going to your local Garda station anyway.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/europe/ireland.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Can someone who has set up an account tell the us roughly how long it takes to open the account once you are at a computer with all the documentation ready. Also what time of day was the registration opened at.

I know plenty that have done it when applying last year. You write to your Superintendent in charge of your district and it's going to your local Garda station anyway.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/europe/ireland.asp
    How is it going to your station anyway? Most peoples local station isnt where the district superintent is located.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

Hi guys,

I've seen a bit of confusion on other sites. Some people who were in Canada on IEC when the 2013 visas were released, when asked to put their 'country of residence' on their registration form for Kompass, put Canada. And subsequently had the visas rejected as it's not possible to apply for an IEC when in Canada. The advice has been to put Ireland, and then when filling out the actual application, fill in Canada at the later stage.

My question is; does this affect those of us who are living outside Ireland but not Canada. I live in the UK so don't know whether I should be putting Ireland down to begin with, or whether it's safe enough putting UK down as normal (basically wondering if having to 'lie' is just specific to Canada?)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Going to set this up today as well, as i want to apply as soon as it changes. Quick question though...which page should we be watching? Is it the main page (i.e. http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx) which will change, or is there a better page to watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 miak

Lawlesz wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I've seen a bit of confusion on other sites. Some people who were in Canada on IEC when the 2013 visas were released, when asked to put their 'country of residence' on their registration form for Kompass, put Canada. And subsequently had the visas rejected as it's not possible to apply for an IEC when in Canada. The advice has been to put Ireland, and then when filling out the actual application, fill in Canada at the later stage.

My question is; does this affect those of us who are living outside Ireland but not Canada. I live in the UK so don't know whether I should be putting Ireland down to begin with, or whether it's safe enough putting UK down as normal (basically wondering if having to 'lie' is just specific to Canada?)

My boyfriend is in the same boat,any ideas???

Also does anyone know anything about Police Clearance from Spain? I contacted the Spanish embassy and was told that I need a letter from whatever embassy requiring the clearance stating the reason for the clearance..?

Thread is really helpful, thanks everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 elnino08

Kiith wrote: »
    Going to set this up today as well, as i want to apply as soon as it changes. Quick question though...which page should we be watching? Is it the main page (i.e. http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx) which will change, or is there a better page to watch?

Yeah I just went for the main page above too so hopefully we're on the right track anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Hey folks, brother has a conviction on his Garda clearance cert for driving with no insurance (long story short, screwed by insurance company). It's over 6 years ago now. How will that affect his chances for his application if at all??

the croatian 2014 version is open from tomorrow. They were a few weeks behind us last year. Irish one could be opening soon enough so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Am I right in thinking that to open the kompass account all you need is name , dob and passport ? Then you get an email from iec instructing you to make a payment. Once payment is made you have a conditional offer of acceptance.
    It's then that you're required to upload documents etc.

So basically you don't need to upload documents in a huge hurry , and the main thing is to just get your kompass account opened and pay the fee , then worry about uploading documents .
    Correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

Anyone know what time the process opens at? As in will it be Irish morning time? Or Canadian morning time? I don't get to check the site much when I'm at work but obviously can check as much as I want in the evenings. Would be great if it was just some guy in Canada pushing the 'release' button, it would be evening here and we'd all be ahead of the game! But if it's on Irish time, the process will be open for almost 8 hours before I get to register!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Does everyone need to get a police cert done? I just can't seem to find anything on the website about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 elnino08

Kiith wrote: »
    Does everyone need to get a police cert done? I just can't seem to find anything on the website about it.

Needed for the 2nd part of the process by all applying. There is another thread here with all details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 fredchest

Hi,
    Just regarding proof of payment, say when you process the 120 euro from you bank a/c (Permant TSB in my case) do you just copy the confirmation page and then upload it as proof of payment?

What documents do you need for stage 2:
    1) Police Certs
    2) Photo of yourself (in correct format)
    3) just fill out necessary forms?

can you chill out once you get the conditional letter of acceptance, i.e. take your time uploading the stage 2 stuff?

Advertisement