Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Smellysack

What companies offer insurance to cover you while you stay in Canada?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

If my understanding is correct, all we will need to do on Thursday is literally click submit. Tuesday we can create the kompass account, login, fill in all details, attach files. It's just the actual submission that can't be done until Thursday.

Removes a huge amount of stress for me personally! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Yes I did wonder if my fingertips could handle the nerves...when I'm distracted I actually can't type English lol 1 week notice and prepare two days before, that's as good as it gets I guess. Wuhoo! :D

Yeah I really feel a lot of stress has been lifted now :) still going to treat it as an urgent priority on the 13th, but it's nice that the heavy work is done 2 days prior :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 rambo85

Where does it say that you can open an account early?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

rambo85 wrote: »
    Where does it say that you can open an account early?

I'm not being funny, but have a look back through the last 2 pages. The same questions are being repeated time and again, and if people even read one or two pages of the thread they'd have the answers.

I'm not being funny, but have a look back through the last 2 pages. The same questions are being repeated time and again, and if people even read one or two pages of the thread they'd have the answers.

+1000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

GrumPy wrote: »
    If my understanding is correct, all we will need to do on Thursday is literally click submit. Tuesday we can create the kompass account, login, fill in all details, attach files. It's just the actual submission that can't be done until Thursday.

Thats my understanding of it too, I hope that's all. We'll have thousands clicking at the same time. I'll have my laptop, the PC and borrow the sisters laptop too all ready to click that button

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Thats my understanding of it too, I hope that's all. We'll have thousands clicking at the same time. I'll have my laptop, the PC and borrow the sisters laptop too all ready to click that button

Yea I'm stealing my sisters Macbook and going to my neighbours house to use his nice fast Internet!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jj1787

Is it fastest fingers first on Tuesday or do you reckon we can take our time - I mean if all the quota is reached for Tuesdays visas will they close Kompass again until Thursday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

I'm going to miss he 3pm check today

15:06, not today lads! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

allanb49 wrote: »
    I'm going to miss he 3pm check today

Bahahaha brilliant wait did anyone check today lol :p

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

It's going to be a long week :O

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

I opened the website to have another look at them lovely opening dates posted.. It's like a woman in the nip, good for the eyes.. Ahhhhh :pac:

15:06, not today lads! :pac:

This made me laugh so much :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

So it didn't open today, grand think we'll get an update tomorrow. I know they don't usually announce it on a saturday but i think france opened this year on a saturday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I don't know what a tracker mortgage is.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 123DarcySt

Daddy, what's a euro??

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭nicolo

Are people just assuming they'll open at 3pm thursday based on previous years or is that a definite? Tempted to just sit at the computer clicking refresh from midnight on wednesday haha.

I've read through the last few pages but can't find anything relating to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Not going to go that quick. Few hours maybe. You're assuming everyone out there is as prepared, obsessive and focused as people on here. Which if they were, a lot of them would be posting on here too. They will go fairly quick but it won't be a panic to get them. Remember the UK has much less visas than us, with over 10 times the population.

I'll be amazed if they're not gone within the hour. All you need to do to be given a WTN number and secure your place is type in your personal info, tick a few boxes and click submit. It should take all of 5 minutes. Less now that you can open your Kompass account prior to the day. They went in 48 hours last year when the online process was entirely new and no one had a clue about it. There weren't all of the instructional videos and blogs that people have available to them this year.

Attach what? You don't upload any documents until you're asked for payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Let's assume there are 3 million adults in ireland. Do you really think there are .33% of the adult population of ireland ready and waiting with their fingers at the keyboards to get a visa to go to canada? I'm not saying they won't go, but 10,000 is a lot in a country of this size

Let's assume there are 3 million adults in ireland. Do you really think there are .33% of the adult population of ireland ready and waiting with their fingers at the keyboards to get a visa to go to canada? I'm not saying they won't go, but 10,000 is a lot in a country of this size

Yes I think that's perfectly plausible. It should also be noted that there was no notice given last year when applications opened and there was still thousands gone within a few hours. This year people have a weeks notice to prepare, book time off work etc.

bopper wrote: »
    book time off work etc.

Book time off work? For a 5 minute web submission?
    I'd assume 70% of people who are applying have web access, actually work at a desk in front of a computer every working day.
    Unless a huge chunk of intended applicants are firemen, lifeguards or deep sea explorers, I think needing a day off work to have access to a PC; is total overkill, surely?!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Toronto

nicolo wrote: »
    Are people just assuming they'll open at 3pm thursday based on previous years or is that a definite? Tempted to just sit at the computer clicking refresh from midnight on wednesday haha.

I've read through the last few pages but can't find anything relating to it.

Yeah, no official time has been mentioned, but 3pm GMT (10am in Ottawa) is the usual time that work permits have been released. It couldn't hurt to check in before then, but maybe there'll be a specific time announced next week. (You know, to give us our 24 to 72 hours notice!)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Loblox

Okay, so I'm getting my stuff together, have scans of my degrees. Talking to my boss about getting a young professional, they asked me to send proof of my degrees (I gave it before, must have gotten lost in a pile). So I emailed them the scans, and they've told me that, since they're in Latin, they're not sure if they can accept them as proof (since no one speaks Latin). This is my employer, by the way, not the officials. Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kitchenchair

I'd assume 70% of people who are applying have web access, actually work at a desk in front of a computer every working day.
    Unless a huge chunk of intended applicants are firemen, lifeguards or deep sea explorers, I think needing a day off work to have access to a PC; is total overkill, surely?!

Agreed Grumpy. Overkill is right. Some people on here are needing a full day off work because they are working themselves into a tizzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

bopper wrote: »
    Yes I think that's perfectly plausible. It should also be noted that there was no notice given last year when applications opened and there was still thousands gone within a few hours. This year people have a weeks notice to prepare, book time off work etc.
    plausible but I'd still say a few hours or so so everone that wants one should be grand

• Advertisement

Did I say a day off? I simply meant fake a doctors appointment, or take a late lunch break for example. Not everyone can be guaranteed that no one at work will bother them at 3PM and they'll have that time to themselves to do exactly what they want. You also forgot to mention the many other jobs such as retail and hospitality where people aren't fortunate enough to have a computer sitting in front of them whenever they need it. To say that 70% of those applying work in front of a computer is probably a bit presumptuous!

Advertisement