Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Toronto

Loblox wrote: »
    Okay, so I'm getting my stuff together, have scans of my degrees. Talking to my boss about getting a young professional, they asked me to send proof of my degrees (I gave it before, must have gotten lost in a pile). So I emailed them the scans, and they've told me that, since they're in Latin, they're not sure if they can accept them as proof (since no one speaks Latin). This is my employer, by the way, not the officials. Any advice?

That's strange. I thought it was fairly normal in English speaking countries for a degree to be issued in Latin. Can you write to your college and ask for a letter as proof?

My colleges allow me to log in online and download an academic transcript, but once I needed a letter with an official letterhead and stamp on it. Neither of my colleges charged for it, and I received the letters within a week. (Although I've never applied from abroad, so there might be a small fee if you do.)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Loblox

Would I get it in time if I did that? apparently now my place is willing to take my word for it (y'know, working there for a year), but it's still a minor niggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Okay, so I'm getting my stuff together, have scans of my degrees. Talking to my boss about getting a young professional, they asked me to send proof of my degrees (I gave it before, must have gotten lost in a pile). So I emailed them the scans, and they've told me that, since they're in Latin, they're not sure if they can accept them as proof (since no one speaks Latin). This is my employer, by the way, not the officials. Any advice?

Will they accept a transcript of your final year results?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 boholad

Yo Guys? Some great helpful stuff on here(not to ment the odd funny bitchy sqaubbles!!! :D).

My Q is regarding the Police check?

1. I'm assuming a UK Police Cert will be accepted for Irish IEC. I've Irish PassP but lived NI all my life so thought it only logical should get a UK police check(bit late now and screwed like if it needs to be An Garda wan!!!lol)

2. And again for the police check: hoping a Caution for Disorderly behavior/common assault in 2010.(where 3 belfast bouncers pinned me to the floor ((good luck trying to assault anyone from that position!?!?)) for asking "WHY?" i was being chucked out out of the club......was let up off the floor to the greeting arms of the PSNI....power trip bouncers such joke...Grrrrrrr.......still obv not over it)

Adult caution wouldnt automatically bar u from the IEC programme wud it????(again as above bit screwed now if it is the case! Ha)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Toronto

Would I get it in time if I did that? apparently now my place is willing to take my word for it (y'know, working there for a year), but it's still a minor niggle.

Can you log into your college online and download an academic transcript? If you ever had an online login, it should still work, and that'd be instant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ravingitup

nicolo wrote: »
    Are people just assuming they'll open at 3pm thursday based on previous years or is that a definite? Tempted to just sit at the computer clicking refresh from midnight on wednesday haha.

I've read through the last few pages but can't find anything relating to it.

I too would like to know the answer to this - do we have any idea what time it will open at or are we all just guessing at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Did I see someone mention you could created your compass account now? I can't seem to find the registration page for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Did I see someone mention you could created your compass account now? I can't seem to find the registration page for it.

No you can create it on Tuesday when the first window opens for the Young Professionals to have it ready for the WHV on Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Soo when's everyones plans to head off now that the announcement been made ?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

boholad wrote: »
    Yo Guys? Some great helpful stuff on here(not to ment the odd funny bitchy sqaubbles!!! :D).

1. I'm assuming a UK Police Cert will be accepted for Irish IEC. I've Irish PassP but lived NI all my life so thought it only logical should get a UK police check(bit late now and screwed like if it needs to be An Garda wan!!!lol)

2. And again for the police check: hoping a Caution for Disorderly behavior/common assault in 2010.(where 3 belfast bouncers pinned me to the floor ((good luck trying to assault anyone from that position!?!?)) for asking "WHY?" i was being chucked out out of the club......was let up off the floor to the greeting arms of the PSNI....power trip bouncers such joke...Grrrrrrr.......still obv not over it)

Adult caution wouldnt automatically bar u from the IEC programme wud it????(again as above bit screwed now if it is the case! Ha)

I'm in the same boat with the police check...being from NI I got the uk one, was told to by someone who got their visa last year so think we're grand.

Your on your own with the caution...it wasn't the box that turfed you out?haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Dillers

so i presume that they release them the same time in canada every time, so does that usually work out about 3 oclock irish time. gotta try and work this around the job

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Dillers wrote: »
    so i presume that they release them the same time in canada every time, so does that usually work out about 3 oclock irish time. gotta try and work this around the job

Someone pointed out that the clocks go forward in Canada this weekend. So it'll probably be 2pm (10am Ottawa time).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

EI-DOR wrote: »
    No you can create it on Tuesday when the first window opens for the Young Professionals to have it ready for the WHV on Thursday!

Is there any need to take Tuesday off work or is there no major hurry for those of us who are going for Thursdays Visas? Jaysis I feel so stupid asking this- but I am so worried I'll fk up..

Is there any need to take Tuesday off work or is there no major hurry for those of us who are going for Thursdays Visas? Jaysis I feel so stupid asking this- but I am so worried I'll fk up..

Ha, no you don't need to take Tuesday off work. Should be able to do it fine when you get home. Can't see the Young Professional Visas going that fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

EI-DOR wrote: »
    Ha, no you don't need to take Tuesday off work. Should be able to do it fine when you get home. Can't see the Young Professional Visas going that fast!

I presume anyone can open the Kompass Account on Tues/ Wed in preparation for Thursday? As the quota won't be filled until Thursday?
    Apologies for being so thick. It's just so easy to miss out on something.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

boholad wrote: »

What they do is convert your crime to the Canadian equivalent. CIC will equate the disorderly behaviour offence probably to section 175 of the Criminal Code of Canada (causing a disturbance) which is a summary offence only so therefore does not render you inadmissible to Canada.

If common assualt shows on your police check then this is a different story mate, I can't see them being so lenient. You should have went through the process to be 'rehabilitated' for your crime in the eyes of CIC, but its too late to do that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 stuart_cummins

Sorry for derailing the thread but is this page of any use for the process?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/apply_online.asp

I'm a newbie so i've no clue I apologise. Hoping to head away like the rest you the folks on here.

Sorry for derailing the thread but is this page of any use for the process?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/apply_online.asp

I'm a newbie so i've no clue I apologise. Hoping to head away like the rest you the folks on here.

Is this what you're looking for?
    https://iec-eic.international.gc.ca/Login.aspx?regionCode=IE&lang=en

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

OMG ...this thread has roared into life again in last 24hrs...crazy.

So excited now...I must have read and re read the page about a dozen times!

Roll on Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

ckgirl wrote: »
    OMG ...this thread has roared into life again in last 24hrs...crazy.

So excited now...I must have read and re read the page about a dozen times!

Roll on Thursday

Infairness the thread always had a Bitta chat unlike the fb groups that were all anyone one know when the iec is open questions .have stopped and are completely dead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

Infairness the thread always had a Bitta chat unlike the fb groups that were all anyone one know when the iec is open questions .have stopped and are completely dead

True! There's a great bit of banter here alright.

I hope all the usual suspects (I mean contributors) get a visa. :)

True! There's a great bit of banter here alright.

Ah you missed the main banter earlier today :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Loblox

Alright, update I'm sure you've all been dying to hear. Boss isn't going to support me with the young professional visa. She's not comfortable signing up for it without enough info (I linked her and copypasted all the relevant info even), so she recommended I take the one Thursday.

On the one hand, it gives me a bit more time. On the other, damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Hefferparty

Hey lads, does anyone know if i can apply for the initial stage on ipad or iPhone?? Im travelling and have no quarentee ill be near a pc on the day but wifi is everywhere....
    Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I assume at 9 am everything will kick off?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭parabol

Ignoring augmersons post in the hopes that they'll read back a page or two ... Sigh

I am very excited now. This is great news, and good to know that even if it all goes wrong on Thursday there's a second chance even if it's not ideal time wise. The regulars on here have been great to keep me sane during the waiting !!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yaknowmyname

Anyone know when we can set up our Kompass account for the March 13th date? Tried doing it there and it said I am not a citizen of Greece? Also anyone know what times are for it?

ah will read back a page or two...

Anyone know when we can set up our Kompass account for the March 13th date? Tried doing it there and it said I am not a citizen of Greece? Also anyone know what times are for it?

You can't create kompass account until it opens. Just read the official iec page :)

• Advertisement

so went back over the pages and this is what I get:

• For the Kompass account we should be able to register on the 12th (At possibly 10am Ottawa Time / 3pm Irish Time)
    • For the Visas for Working Visa, will go live on the 13th (At possibly 10am Ottawa time / 3pm Irish Time)
    • Steak & Blowjob Day on the 14th (At possibly every 1hr Ottawa time / every 1hr Irish Time)

Right?

Advertisement