Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Correct :pac:

Though you mean Tuesday the 11th!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

And it'll probably be 2PM. Clocks spring forward tonight in Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 boholad

Silvio67 wrote: »
    What they do is convert your crime to the Canadian equivalent. CIC will equate the disorderly behaviour offence probably to section 175 of the Criminal Code of Canada (causing a disturbance) which is a summary offence only so therefore does not render you inadmissible to Canada.

If common assualt shows on your police check then this is a different story mate, I can't see them being so lenient. You should have went through the process to be 'rehabilitated' for your crime in the eyes of CIC, but its too late to do that now.

Cheers for the insight Silvio, but I was reading up on it and think i may be ok as on the CIC.ga website it says "3.9. When not to use the “committing an act” provisions
    The “committing an act” inadmissibility provisions would generally not be applied in the
    following scenarios:
     in most cases, when authorities in the foreign jurisdiction indicate they would not lay
    a charge or make known to an officer their decision or intent to drop the charges;
     the trial is concluded and no conviction results (for example, acquittal, discharge,
    deferral);
     the person admits to committing the act but has received a record suspension or the
    record is expunged;
     the act was committed in Canada."

I'm hoping as it was never a conviction and only a caution, no court appearance or nothing I should be fine.....at least thats what i'm telling myself!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 boholad

Sloth89 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat with the police check...being from NI I got the uk one, was told to by someone who got their visa last year so think we're grand.

Your on your own with the caution...it wasn't the box that turfed you out?haha

Thanks Sloth...was pretty sure I was on the right track with the UK check (though thinking of it I should have got a Garda one and my record wud have been clean as a whistle!lol).

Na it was Queens Union club on a Fri nite and the bouncers were being particular dicks(tho i remember Box Bouncers could be quite dickish on occassion too!). I was drunk like, but i just asked why they were man handlling me out, when I got no reply I started to struggle and 3 of them pinned me to the floor...how the **** they claim I assaulted them I do not know!!!

Police cautioned me there and then for disorderly and allowed me to walk off home! Wasnt till I turned up at the police station few days later that they slapped on the assault caution!?!? And there wasnt much I could do then but accept it or risk having it go to court. Such ****ers.

Tho I'm hoping i'll be alright going by what i've read up on the CIC regulations website.....oh well guess I'll soon find out come next Thursday!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Toronto

The France IEC page said "If you haven’t already done so, please create a Kompass account and fill in as much of your information as possible before the day that the WHP category opens".

So am I right in thinking that Kompass account registration doesn't close between Tuesday and Thursday, even if all the Young Professionals work permits get allocated? Or was registration at any time a once-off thing for France after their system crashed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

my garda clearance is due to expire on the 23rd March.

Should i apply for another one or will i be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

allanb49 wrote: »
    my garda clearance is due to expire on the 23rd March.

Should i apply for another one or will i be ok?

I'd reapply just to be sure. It's free and only takes a few days to get.
    But 23rd should be alright, I'd just like to be overly sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Toronto wrote: »
    The France IEC page said "If you haven’t already done so, please create a Kompass account and fill in as much of your information as possible before the day that the WHP category opens".

So am I right in thinking that Kompass account registration doesn't close between Tuesday and Thursday, even if all the Young Professionals work permits get allocated? Or was registration at any time a once-off thing for France after their system crashed?

Yeah once a category is open the it's possible to create one I think .probably stops once all the category is allocated but creating an account doesn't allocate anything it's only when submitted

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

What does everyone think about demand for the visas now? Will the two new visas ease demand a little for the working holiday? Has demand stayed the same since last year, gone down or is higher? So the WH will be split in two, roughly half perhaps on two occasions also...

The visas being split means nothing it's still the same amount of visas going on sale only more people will be applying now than would have January.

123DarcySt wrote: »
    I am just freaking out cos I've been sitting on me arse for the past two months waiting for this to open and the one day I am away from the computer...March 13th. :eek: Glad they're out though. I have me fingers crossed for everyone of ye (including meself of course) ;)

Same as me will be on a bus to the Airport between 2 - 4pm this Thursday but hopefully I can sort out most of the stuff needed earlier. At least they are finally on sale but annoying at the same time considering I have been waiting 3 months and the one day they go sale I won't have internet access at 3pm.

In two minds now about taking Tuesday off work to open a kompass account because I won't get home until after 5 from work I need to have as much as possible done in advance because as far as I remember the internet in the airport isn't very reliable. My only hope now is to leave my house earlier and make sure I am in the airport for 2pm.

guest124 wrote: »
    I'd reapply just to be sure. It's free and only takes a few days to get.
    But 23rd should be alright, I'd just like to be overly sure.

Exactly just reapply to be sure

• Advertisement

stevie1122 wrote: »
    The visas being split means nothing it's still the same amount of visas going on sale only more people will be applying now than would have January.

Same as me will be on a bus to the Airport between 2 - 4pm this Thursday but hopefully I can sort out most of the stuff needed earlier. At least they are finally on sale but annoying at the same time considering I have been waiting 3 months and the one day they go sale I won't have internet access at 3pm.

In two minds now about taking Tuesday off work to open a kompass account because I won't get home until after 5 from work I need to have as much as possible done in advance because as far as I remember the internet in the airport isn't very reliable. My only hope now is to leave my house earlier and make sure I am in the airport for 2pm.

Well see creating the account is only actually 5 minutes of filling in a few details .so taking the tuesday off is trivial .your issue is Thursday and submitting. Can you you get some one to submit for you?

Well see creating the account is only actually 5 minutes of filling in a few details .so taking the tuesday off is trivial .your issue is Thursday and submitting. Can you you get some one to submit for you?

I probably could get someone to submit for me on Thursday but if I left for the airport an hour earlier I would be their for 3. With Tuesday I would be afraid that by the time I get home from work the Co-op thing would be closed. I'm only working 1-5 so I don't get a break and don't have access to any computers while i'm in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dillers

so does anyone know that if im going for the working holiday visa do i make my kompass account on tuesday and then apply through it on thursday.

like i know that tuesdays only for the young professionals but could i create the account and apply through it thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

like i know that tuesdays only for the young professionals but could i create the account and apply through it thursday?

Yes :)

Read back through the last ten pages of this thread I haven't checked this thread in 2 days and that's what I just had to do.

I probably could get someone to submit for me on Thursday but if I left for the airport an hour earlier I would be their for 3. With Tuesday I would be afraid that by the time I get home from work the Co-op thing would be closed. I'm only working 1-5 so I don't get a break and don't have access to any computers while i'm in work.

I really can't see that many people applying for it or it going fast if I'm honest.that it would be closed

I know I was thinking that but it's still risky.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Just leave the hour earlier on Thursday. You spend an extra hour in an airport and gain the peace of mind of knowing you will get the application in and more than likely, a visa.

No way would I take the Tuesday off though. Highly unlikely that 2,500 people have a professional job lined up before they have even stepped foot in Canada. That's the only way the kompass registration would be closed. I'm not sure if it would even close if the 2,500 sold out anyway.

With the internet access, if you have a smartphone and a laptop, you can use the smartphone as a hotspot and get internet access for your laptop virtually anywhere.

I know I was thinking that but it's still risky.

There's that many things needed for it I'd say you be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lenny33

HI all,

I think ive searched every insurance company online but cannot find one that will cover me and my 8year old for the TWO years.. My boyfriend is already out there over a year. He has us down as dependents on his health care but not sure they will accept that on entry. Just to be sure id like to have our own but all ive found is one years cover and ive heard they will only give me a permit for a year if i try that...

can anyone please help on where to go from here... id be really grateful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Toronto

lenny33 wrote: »
    HI all,

I think ive searched every insurance company online but cannot find one that will cover me and my 8year old for the TWO years.. My boyfriend is already out there over a year. He has us down as dependents on his health care but not sure they will accept that on entry. Just to be sure id like to have our own but all ive found is one years cover and ive heard they will only give me a permit for a year if i try that...

This thread discusses a few options for 2 year backpacker / travel insurance. I know it was made in 2013, but the last page or two are posts from this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

When people keep saying that the Young Professional visas "won't go that quickly" I'm just unsure what effect that has on us for the working holiday? I have read back btw!
    I saw someone posted about France implying that it wouldn't close in between the two categories. Am I right in thinking we can just swan home from work on Tuesday and fill in completely at our leisure sometime between Tuesday and Thursday and then absolutely feckin panic and submit on Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Zola lola

@ lenny33 hi there... I guess am in the same position as you. I have a nine years old boy and am hoping to take him with me.
    How do u intend on processing his application together with yours? The dad with be staying in Ireland for now until we get sorted. Thank...

eenm wrote: »
    When people keep saying that the Young Professional visas "won't go that quickly" I'm just unsure what effect that has on us for the working holiday? I have read back btw!
    I saw someone posted about France implying that it wouldn't close in between the two categories. Am I right in thinking we can just swan home from work on Tuesday and fill in completely at our leisure sometime between Tuesday and Thursday and then absolutely feckin panic and submit on Thursday?

Well reason being because ther lots of things needed for it job off yoi have to have a minimum of fetac level 6 or more .so anyone with a trade that doesnt have it as a option really unless they that type cert and whatever . so they won't fast

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

Well reason being because ther lots of things needed for it job off yoi have to have a minimum of fetac level 6 or more .so anyone with a trade that doesnt have it as a option really unless they that type cert and whatever . so they won't fast

I see... But if they did sell out fast, that doesn't impact the working holiday in any way, does it?

eenm wrote: »
    I see... But if they did sell out fast, that doesn't impact the working holiday in any way, does it?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

Is anyone going to be setting up their kompass account ASAP on Tuesday in preparation for Thursday?

All I want to know is how will kompass differentiate an application for young professional to working holiday if you set up your Kompass account early. If its as simple as 'select the visa you would like to apply for' then that would put my mind at ease, but I guess the only way to find out is for someone to set up the account on Tuesday and let us know.. If someone would be kind enough to oblige!

Nobody knows the whole thing has changed this year so nobody really knows what to expect and we won't know until the visas go on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 twinkletoes02

lenny33 wrote: »
    HI all,

Hey lenny33, I think backpackers travel insurance do 2 year cover. I went with them for my 1 year IEC last year and they cover repatriation and hospitalisation.
    http://www.backpackertravelinsurance.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

anyone curious about the prices of flights when the visas open? have a feeling that theyr gonna skyrocket

also can you fly direct from dublin > alberta or is it dublin>london>alberta etc, thinking of going end of may,very start of june personally

Advertisement