Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

Id say they will Aer-Lingus are already taking advantage of it I remember last year it was 500 return for a flight now it's over 500 one way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 stuart_cummins

Hoping everyone here who applies get's exactly what they're looking for! If you do get accepted, how long would you be waiting to hear after you apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

also can you fly direct from dublin > alberta or is it dublin>london>alberta etc, thinking of going end of may,very start of june personally
    Aerlingus fly Dublin to Chicago then switch over to Air Canada for the smaller flight up North. That's what I might do. If I get a visa this week I might get the flight booked for the first week in June on Friday before the prices go even steeper. A flight the first week in June with AL is costing about £480 at the minute one-way going by Sky-scanner!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 just a username

@stuart_cummins, I heard it takes around 2 weeks for stage 1, and from start to finish about 8 weeks.

check out: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=88783532

Does anyone know what specific time Kompass will be accessible to us? Will it be midnight Wednesday their time, or any time Thursday?

• Advertisement

You can setup your Kompass Account on Tuesday when the Young Professionals window opens and have it ready for Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

EI-DOR wrote: »
    You can setup your Kompass Account on Tuesday when the Young Professionals window opens and have it ready for Thursday!

Sussshh you still telling emm :P lol

Soo been done before but not it here who's thinking were still toronto myself . Any one change there minds ? In there initial ideas

Our friend "Han" will just come in and tell them anyway lol :pac:

Our friend "Han" will just come in and tell them anyway lol :pac:

lol i seen that ! there allot people that just wont bother going to look get the information or try to so why should we tell emm !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

YOU DO NOT KNOW THAT FOR SURE SO COULD YOU STOP TELLING PEOPLE THEY CAN DO THAT AS IT MAY AFFECT WHETHER THEY CAN GET A VISA OR NOT.

theboss80 wrote: »
    YOU DO NOT KNOW THAT FOR SURE SO COULD YOU STOP TELLING PEOPLE THEY CAN DO THAT AS IT MAY AFFECT WHETHER THEY CAN GET A VISA OR NOT.

well infairness its stated on the faq iec page!

It's stated on the FAQ page!
    17. When can I create a Kompass account?
    If your country has more than one category, you can create a Kompass account any time a category is open – and work on your application, even if your category is currently closed. You can only submit your application, once your category quota is open.

It's stated on the FAQ page!

he seemed a little angry about that didnt he lol

Yea he did lol. It's late!

Yea he did lol. It's late!

ah well maybe he should read the faq seems people cant still !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

theboss80 wrote: »

You should take a chill pill, and while you're at it, READ the IEC page. ;)

I feel bad for asking now...thanks anyway though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ciaran12

Ah, well at least he got angry for the right reasons - he was concerned that others would be given the wrong info and may be affected by it, so fair play for that

Anyone else amused at how being angry online is such a binary thing?

...ANGRY...calm....ANGRY....calm....

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Daithi89

Hey,

As soon as we receive our WTN and pay/upload documents - how long should we expect to wait before receiving the Cond.Letter of acceptance?

And once we receive it, do we really have 90 days to continue with the process? Is this for definite given the huge number of applicants??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Ooooh I'm getting nervous now-silly I know!! Only problem is this-there's no way I can take Thursday off work, I can get up early alright to do it, but otherwise I won't be able to do it til about 7pm.

What time will they be going online does anyone know?

But I don't know when exactly on Thursday the working holiday visas open for submission...

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Toronto

No one's sure of anything at the moment. We can only hope that we'll get an update with a specific opening time today. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Daithi89 wrote: »
    Hey,

As soon as we receive our WTN and pay/upload documents - how long should we expect to wait before receiving the Cond.Letter of acceptance?

And once we receive it, do we really have 90 days to continue with the process? Is this for definite given the huge number of applicants??

Yeah I'm wondering the same. The last thing we need now is to click submit then get back to waiting and fretting.

I read on the IEC page it says that the entire IEC part can take up to two weeks. (ffs) Taking a look at last years threads, unless I'm mistaken, it took two days for many people to get confirmation of payment. The gap between clicking 'submit' and being asked to pay, I don't know. I'm sure someone will chime in. OK I'm off to make a new thread for the 2014 app.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

WHAT MADE YOU THINK THAT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

Yeah I'm wondering the same. The last thing we need now is to click submit then get back to waiting and fretting.

I read on the IEC page it says that the entire IEC part can take up to two weeks. (ffs) Taking a look at last years threads, unless I'm mistaken, it took two days for many people to get confirmation of payment. The gap between clicking 'submit' and being asked to pay, I don't know. I'm sure someone will chime in. OK I'm off to make a new thread for the 2014 app.

Letter of acceptance for UK friend of mine took less than 48 hours,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Skalragg wrote: »
    Letter of acceptance for UK friend of mine took less than 48 hours,

Acceptance, the conditional offer? Wuhoo! :eek:

So this visa opens Thursday, what are the chances we'll get a conditional offer by the weekend? Any bets? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

Acceptance, the conditional offer? Wuhoo! :eek:

So this visa opens Thursday, what are the chances we'll get a conditional offer by the weekend? Any bets? :D

yes, they sent out letters stating weather you were assigned a place or on the waiting list. Obviously you must meet all criteria to actually get to the next stage, but for a provisional you should know within 48 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Guess its not today :pac:

Advertisement