Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Toronto

Damn. I was really hoping the IEC page would update with a concrete time.. Guess I'll start panicking and checking from midnight tonight onwards.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

It was about 7PM that the page updated about dates?
    Fingers crossed the times are announced this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

guest124 wrote: »
    It was about 7PM that the page updated about dates?
    Fingers crossed the times are announced this evening!

They have nearly always opened 10 am their time, which is 3pm Irish time.

Skalragg wrote: »

With daylight saving time their 10am is now 2pm here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 doneyrotten

Hey guys just wondering if anyone else has to get Canadian Police Clearance and have they got it yet? Also what is the best way of getting it? I'm hearing different things...Cheers guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 twinkletoes02

Hey guys just wondering if anyone else has to get Canadian Police Clearance and have they got it yet? Also what is the best way of getting it? I'm hearing different things...Cheers guys!

I got a Canadian police cert in november which took 6 working days to get.. that was application in vancouver and posted to vancouver too.... I've since had to re apply for another one as it is now out of date....*ggrrhhhhh another $70..... anyway. ... hoping I get it by end of week

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

Skalragg wrote: »

They updated the Irish page both times (in Jan when they announced there would be notice and then last week) at around 7pm... I wonder if that's any guide. I know they've always announced other pages around 3pm. Pain in the arse not knowing when...

eenm wrote: »
    They updated the Irish page both times (in Jan when they announced there would be notice and then last week) at around 7pm... I wonder if that's any guide. I know they've always announced other pages around 3pm. Pain in the arse not knowing when...

True.. And now, we're probably waiting for 6pm with their time change.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunshine87

i am in Canada but not getting a cert for here as i didnt think i needed to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 alphonsus01

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Ooooh I'm getting nervous now-silly I know!! Only problem is this-there's no way I can take Thursday off work, I can get up early alright to do it, but otherwise I won't be able to do it til about 7pm.

What time will they be going online does anyone know?

I can't get the afternoon (assuming its after 3pm we can apply) off either :mad:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

Toronto wrote: »
    Damn. I was really hoping the IEC page would update with a concrete time.. Guess I'll start panicking and checking from midnight tonight onwards.. :P

Yeah an actual time would be great but as far as I know no other countries got a time so I doubt we will.

stevie1122 wrote: »
    Yeah an actual time would be great but as far as I know no other countries got a time so I doubt we will.

Most of the other countries I checked got a release time. It would be posted in local and Ottawa time. But maybe the IEC just haven't updated it yet. France got their opening date first, then an opening time got tacked onto it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

Sunshine87 wrote: »
    i am in Canada but not getting a cert for here as i didnt think i needed to?

You don't need a Canadian police cert if you're extending from Canada. They can run a check on you themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Loblox

Alright, I've got a pretty major problem.

Currently, I have less than 1500 CAD in my account. I'll be picking up a paycheck tomorrow (hopefully) for about 5-900. Maybe more. I still need to apply for my tourist visa and tomorrow is my last chance. I've transferred funds from my emergency fund in Ireland which is going to arrive sometime between today and Wednesday. I HAVE to apply for the tourist visa tomorrow and apparently need to provide proof of funds. At worst, I'll have about two grand as proof of funds. I'll be applying for the IEC Thursday.

Am I in trouble?

Loblox wrote: »

Currently, I have less than 1500 CAD in my account. I'll be picking up a paycheck tomorrow (hopefully) for about 5-900. Maybe more. I still need to apply for my tourist visa and tomorrow is my last chance. I've transferred funds from my emergency fund in Ireland which is going to arrive sometime between today and Wednesday. I HAVE to apply for the tourist visa tomorrow. At worst, I'll have about two grand as proof of funds. I'll be applying for the IEC Thursday.

Am I in trouble?

You don't need proof of funds to apply. You need it when when you arrive in Canada.

Currently, I have less than 1500 CAD in my account. I'll be picking up a paycheck tomorrow (hopefully) for about 5-900. Maybe more. I still need to apply for my tourist visa and tomorrow is my last chance. I've transferred funds from my emergency fund in Ireland which is going to arrive sometime between today and Wednesday. I HAVE to apply for the tourist visa tomorrow. At worst, I'll have about two grand as proof of funds. I'll be applying for the IEC Thursday.

Am I in trouble?

Not sure about the tourist visa part but you don't need proof of funds until you are getting your new visa. At that I've never been asked either time I collected my visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Marko10

Read on the moving to Canada Facebook page yesterday that we should plan to be ready at 7pm on Thursday for the release of the visas.All of the countries got specific times as far as I know.

You don't need proof of funds to apply. You need it when when you arrive in Canada.

I'm talking about the tourist visa. I didn't know I needed it either, but when I tried applying last week it said it on the site.
    Agro Head wrote: »
    Not sure about the tourist visa part but you don't need proof of funds until you are getting your new visa. At that I've never been asked either time I collected my visa.

Tourist visa, again. I know I don't need it for the IEC until I'm re-entering. I'll edit the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 twinkletoes02

True.. but you do need proof of funds to change from work visa to tourist within canada..I did it online last week and it took 3 days

• Advertisement

I'm talking about the tourist visa. I didn't know I needed it either, but when I tried applying last week it said it on the site.

Tourist visa, again. I know I don't need it for the IEC until I'm re-entering. I'll edit the original.

Oh, sorry! That was my fault for misreading your comment. Don't know anything about tourist visas, so I can offer no help. Hope you get sorted :D

Could you get a mate to transfer through online banking. Get your tourist visa then transfer it straight back and Bob's your mother's brother.

I have money from an emergency fund I have moving into my account, about 3000 dollars (better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it), it just takes a few days. I moved it last week, and according to the bank it's due to arrive in my account anytime from 9 this morning (it wasn't in when I checked on my way into work) to Wednesday. Can't check online banking at work, blocked for security reasons. According to ICAN, I need to apply a minimum of 24 hours before my current visa expires, which is tomorrow, Tuesday.

Looks like I'll have to talk to someone about a quick loan, like you're suggesting.

8PM! This time tomorrow....stress central.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

8PM! This time tomorrow....stress central.

Nervous excitement! :D:D:D

So the working holiday WPs might be out in the evening as well. That's probably great news for folks working 9-5.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Interesting that it's opening at 8 and not 3. It'll also be interesting to see if they get snapped up quickly or take ages to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 doneyrotten

Cheers for the replays guys, but does anyone know how to apply for Canadian police clearance while applying from ireland? I'm hearing different things. Is it best to go to the guards and speak with them or is there a way I can do it all online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Faith wrote: »
    Interesting that it's opening at 8 and not 3. It'll also be interesting to see if they get snapped up quickly or take ages to sell.

Some how I doubt there's 2500 people with written job offers that relate to there college education right this minute

Advertisement