Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 MurfM3

Does it matter if I'm using a laser card that is NOT in my name?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

MurfM3 wrote: »

There are some handy videos on YouTube by the iec, if you search 'kompass account' into the YouTube search box they will pop up. the 3rd video deals with payment and states you can use a family or friends card.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

MurfM3 wrote: »
    Should be fine as long as the type of card is accepted

You'd want to check if they accept laser since it's being phased out and not everyone accepted it online when it was available, most banks have replaced laser cards with visa debit cards.

From looking through canadian sites it just says bank cards. So visa/mastercard would probably do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Yes police certs. are stage 2 only.

Hi I'm still waiting on certs from the UK and OZ, do you know how long I will have to produce these documents should I make through stage 1,

Thank you in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 jj1787

I hope the IEC website does not crash. There are going to be so many pressing submit at the same time when it opens Thursday!!!!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 MurfM3

guest124 wrote: »
    There are some handy videos on YouTube by the iec, if you search 'kompass account' into the YouTube search box they will pop up. the 3rd video deals with payment and states you can use a family or friends card.

Apologies I watched the 1st video then panicked :(

Thanks
    Skalragg wrote: »
    Should be fine as long as the type of card is accepted

You'd want to check if they accept laser since it's being phased out and not everyone accepted it online when it was available, most banks have replaced laser cards with visa debit cards.

From looking through canadian sites it just says bank cards. So visa/mastercard would probably do

Yeah I've got a visa debit card, just so used to calling it "Laser" ;)

jj1787 wrote: »
    I hope the IEC website does not crash. There are going to be so many pressing submit at the same time when it opens Thursday!!!!!!! :eek:

unlikely, unless its DDoS'ed. As they are able to support other countries submission

Keep telling myself not to panic!
    Can register and go through kompass tonight so all I have to do is click submit on Thursday and even if by some bad luck I don't get it Thursday, there's round 2.
    So the best thing to do is not panic! The worst thing to do is submit it incorrectly.

That's been my train of thought all day. On a loop!
    Along with Rob Schneider yelling "you can do it" in my head.

Can register and go through kompass tonight so all I have to do is click submit on Thursday and even if by some bad luck I don't get it Thursday, there's round 2.
    So the best thing to do is not panic! The worst thing to do is submit it incorrectly.

There is no point stressing or panicing. Last year when there were 6500 places available it took 48 hours to fill up. This year while it is broken into stages, there are more places available overall. Other things worth noting is, the economy is improving so not as many people will want to leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

I know right....I'm trying to stay calm too. :eek:

Thankfully we have time to prepare it correctly before we submit on Thursday!

There is no point stressing or panicing. Last year when there were 6500 places available it took 48 hours to fill up. This year while it is broken into stages, there are more places available overall. Other things worth noting is, the economy is improving so not as many people will want to leave.

Yeah I know its silly to panic but its hard not you when I feel like Donny from The Big Lebowski; out of my element! Triple checking everything will be key! I will be wrecking everyone's head about the photo when stage2 starts :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Clazicolleen

I do not have my police check yet, would you guys recommend going standard service (10 days) or the premium service (2days)?

Standard will be fine Colleen. Wait until Thursday to see IF you definitely get a visa first before sending away for the Police check. You should have it in a few days. It will be 2 weeks before Stage 2 opens going by previous years!

Passport number = 2 letters followed by 7 numbers? Yeah?
    Last character in mine is 0. Zero or oh? I'm 99% sure its zero.....!

Passport number = 2 letters followed by 7 numbers? Yeah?
    Last character in mine is 0. Zero or oh? I'm 99% sure its zero.....!

Correct, it will be the Number Zero.

Apologies for all the questions! But I'm only now going over my details needed...

It will ask for town/city of birth. My passport has my birth county under place.
    I should put county or town on application!? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Think the last two numbers in your passport is your year of birth. So are you a 1990 baby or a 1980 baby?

Think the last two numbers in your passport is your year of birth. So are you a 1990 baby or a 1980 baby?

Not the case in mine!

Haha if that was true I‘d be 44, yikes! I am actually a 1990 baby but passport is 70 at the end :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

Guys there is a new link added to the IEC website on the left for the 2014 Kompass account.

Don't panic :-)

I've been watching this thread for weeks and some great posts here so cheers for that. Good luck tonight/Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Haha if that was true I‘d be 44, yikes! I am actually a 1990 baby but passport is 70 at the end :p

Just a coincidence in my case so I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

Just a coincidence in my case so I guess.

Definitely my last two digits are 27 and I'm eligible for the IEC :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 inishowenguy1

**** is about to get real :O
    ive been waitin for this so long ive almost forgot what I was applying for. sipose the wait gave us plenty of time to get ready and learn how it works . my brain is hardwired visa mode now

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

The demand this year is the highest it's ever been and the economy is getting worse here not improving the only reason people on social welfare / unemployment is going down slightly is because people are leaving the country.

Just like everyone else I am only speculating but I would be surprised if these visas last longer than 10 or 15mins. Breaking it into stage nearly makes this worse I assume round 1 will be allocated more visas that round 2 so if round 1 goes fast round 2 will go twice as quick.

I have been looking for a job since October here in Ireland I must have sent out over 150 CVs to different places advertising jobs out of that I got 3 replies all saying sorry your not suitable our economy will not improve for many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Can't believe this, but discovered on Sunday that my passport is missing. Have the house torn apart looking for it, anyone know if you can still present yourself at the passport office and wait the day to get a replacement? Even if there was a small chance I would try it. Best of luck to anyone applying tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 47 123DarcySt

International Experience Canada Online Application
    Access to Kompass
    The 2014 International Experience Canada (IEC) initiative with Ireland will open 11/03/2014 at 4:00 PM Ottawa time

To create your Kompass account you need to register
    IMPORTANT NOTE:

You can only create a Kompass account when the IEC application process is open for your country, including rounds. Information on the opening dates and times available on the IEC website.

Including rounds??? What does that mean?? does that mean we cannot creat an account today for WHV???

gg2 wrote: »
    Can't believe this, but discovered on Sunday that my passport is missing. Have the house torn apart looking for it, anyone know if you can still present yourself at the passport office and wait the day to get a replacement? Even if there was a small chance I would try it. Best of luck to anyone applying tonight

Did you happen to scan it before it went missing?

You can only create a Kompass account when the IEC application process is open for your country, including rounds. Information on the opening dates and times available on the IEC website.

Where did you read that?

Below is what's on the actual IEC page for the Kompass Account!
    17. When can I create a Kompass account?
    If your country has more than one category, you can create a Kompass account any time a category is open – and work on your application, even if your category is currently closed. You can only submit your application, once your category quota is open.
    If your country has only one category with several rounds, you can only create a Kompass account when a quota is open. If you were able to create a Kompass account but did not submit your application before the quota closed, you can work on your application and submit it when your category quota re-opens.

• Advertisement

123DarcySt wrote: »
    International Experience Canada Online Application
    Access to Kompass
    The 2014 International Experience Canada (IEC) initiative with Ireland will open 11/03/2014 at 4:00 PM Ottawa time

To create your Kompass account you need to register
    IMPORTANT NOTE:

Including rounds??? What does that mean?? does that mean we cannot creat an account today for WHV???

Including rounds so you can create kompass account when it opens in your country, when it opens rounds/categories.

If you look at kompass account video2 on YouTube it shows ‘IEC category‘ as a section of application. So we must get to select category there.

Advertisement