Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Detour

Can we fill in all our personal info, contact info at this stage? How does the system know we're not applying for the 'Young Professionals' Visa?

I wouldn't want to start an application for the wrong one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Galaxy191

Is anyone else still having problems activating their acc?? saying my email or password is invalid :(

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

GrumPy wrote: »
    Yeah, I know, but I was expecting to be able to select it at least; just not actually submit.... Guess it will have to stay as "Pending" until it officially opens.

you were super fast!

I got same message as you in the IEC category section but wondered why there was no choice. It just presumes I am working holiday but I thought it was strange too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭Goose81

Toronto wrote: »
    It was supposed to be YYYY-MM-DD, right? Oh god, I've probably read it all wrong and ruined my chances of going to Canada. D:

It said on the thing exactly as is written on you passport i.e Irish style DD-MM-YYYY which i put in but when I go into my profile its been converted to Canadian YYYY-MM-DD,so dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Why is it not letting you select the young professionals category though ? I thought that opens tonight.
    All it says is that the WHV is not yet open...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MaggieRow747

Detour wrote: »
    Can we fill in all our personal info, contact info at this stage? How does the system know we're not applying for the 'Young Professionals' Visa?

I wouldn't want to start an application for the wrong one.

Yeah we can fill out everything except the IEC category and just dont press submit until thursday ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Raymo1993 wrote: »
    What does city/town of birth. I was born in kerry in tralee

I was worried about that too. Like do you say tralee cause thats the town/city, or Kerry cause thats on passport? I'm leading towards the actual town cause thats what they're asking for, no 'as shown on passport' in brackets.

Galaxy191 wrote: »
    Is anyone else still having problems activating their acc?? saying my email or password is invalid :(

the password must contain:
    1 capital letter
    1 lower case letter
    1 number
    1 symbol eg: & $

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

Raymo1993 wrote: »
    What does city/town of birth. I was born in kerry in tralee

Was wondering about this as well do you just put the town or the town and county?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Two accounts done :)

Only thing im concerned about is that i didnt use all capitals for the given names and family name as the passport is all capitals. Went as per first and second.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ravingitup

Have they fecked it up I wonder by not allowing us to choose a category? Could it be a technical problem? I want to apply for the YP category, goddamnit. :L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

ravingitup wrote: »
    Have they fecked it up I wonder by not allowing us to choose a category? Could it be a technical problem? I want to apply for the YP category, goddamnit. :L

Looks like it....Get onto the technical support

• Registered Users Posts: 9 danii1990

What did ye put in for country code? Is it just 353
    And did ye also drop the 0 in 087?

I haven't hit complete yet, just save only..

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Gossipgal

Why is it not letting you select the young professionals category though ? I thought that opens tonight.

Yeah I think it's weird that we haven't selected the type of visa and yet it doesn't let us in here seeing as the working professionals is open.

What did you put down for postal code in the personal details section?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RinTinTin

Hi just wondering what format do you put your mobile number in. I have put down as follows,

00353 087********

is this correct, as the application seemed to accept it.

RinTinTin wrote: »
    Hi just wondering what format do you put your mobile number in. I have put down as follows,

00353 087********

That's how I did it.

ckgirl wrote: »

It's not mandatory so I didn't fill it in for my Irish Address. I did for my Australian

ckgirl wrote: »

Nothing, you dont need to put anything. No * beside it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Well Im ready to rock ome thursday, you think ye can handle me :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ravingitup

Looks like it....Get onto the technical support

Yeah, I'm on it. I just messaged them there through the "My Messages" section. I hope they get back to me soon. Surely we should be able to tick a box to choose a category, otherwise I can't apply until Thursday for the YP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

00353 087********

I didnt use stars :( other than that yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

ravingitup wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm on it. I just messaged them there through the "My Messages" section. I hope they get back to me soon. Surely we should be able to tick a box to choose a category, otherwise I can't apply until Thursday for the YP.

Don't hold your breath mate. They are notoriously bad at replying to messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Marko10

The wording of the question about date of birth is terrible!

Wasn't sure what to put down for town/city of birth..it's Portlaois but it just says Laois on my passport so that's what I wrote.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

00353 087********

Drop the 0 in 087.. I doubt its a big deal though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭Goose81

Does everyones DOB read YYYY-MM-DD in the personal information section?

00353 087********

Because it asked for the country code seperately, I just put in my number as normal 087******

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

Goose81 wrote: »
    Does everyones DOB read YYYY-MM-DD in the personal information section?

It's the way I did aye

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

I hope they don't reject me on the grounds that I refused their spam mail :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

Hi folks, been following this thread for weeks.. thanks to the regulars for all the useful info :D

Just filled out the Kompass info but I'm half afraid to click complete on the personal info tab because I've put in my old passport number (new one won't be issued until next week) I have a scan of the old one to submit when it asks too... soooo... if I show up at a port of entry with the new passport and new passport number will they let me in??!!!

Advertisement