Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 fredchest

any tips on succesfully scanning in a passport? i.e a leligible, clear one? what dpi should i go for clarity, and make sure it doesn't surpass 5mb?

thanks,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

fredchest wrote: »
    any tips on succesfully scanning in a passport? i.e a leligible, clear one? what dpi should i go for clarity, and make sure it doesn't surpass 5mb?

thanks,

Just take an image of it with your phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tiinaaa

Anyone know when the application opens for irish citizens? ?? And do you need to have a resume done when ur applying? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

Can anyone point me to some literature on one of the official web-sites that there is a maximum of 12 months from the time I receive my letter of introduction to the time at which I must enter Canada?

Is there anyone certain of this fact? I'm hoping to apply for the IEC this year but not actually travel to Canada until January 2015 and I want to be certain I can do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Good god. How many times are people going to ask when does it open. They haven't given a release date yet. It could be next week or the first week in December. Keep checking the website for the release date!

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx

Tina, you need a Police check, Scanned Passport and a CV/Resume ready for the application process!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

Hi,
    Just regarding proof of payment, say when you process the 120 euro from you bank a/c (Permant TSB in my case) do you just copy the confirmation page and then upload it as proof of payment?

What documents do you need for stage 2:
    1) Police Certs
    2) Photo of yourself (in correct format)
    3) just fill out necessary forms?

can you chill out once you get the conditional letter of acceptance, i.e. take your time uploading the stage 2 stuff?

yes ask the bank for a copy of the confirmation page. It will ask you to include a few details on the transaction i.e your WTN! Make sure its all visible!

For stage two, that's all the docs you need. just add your Cv/Resume to it.

thanks,
    Just take an image of it with your phone

My advice would be to scan your passport! Passport doesn't need to be a certain DPI or anything. Just as long as the main page is readable and clear. You also have'ta upload any pages that contain stamps.

For the passport photo on stage two, it has to be a certain DPI and file size! (its a nightmare, but there's a link somewhere in the 2013 mega-thread for a website that does it all for you for free)
    sjapok wrote: »
    Can anyone point me to some literature on one of the official web-sites that there is a maximum of 12 months from the time I receive my letter of introduction to the time at which I must enter Canada?

Is there anyone certain of this fact? I'm hoping to apply for the IEC this year but not actually travel to Canada until January 2015 and I want to be certain I can do this.

It doesn't actually this state on any Gov website. When you receive you LOI/POE it will state at the bottom when it has to be activated by! For most people (like myself) there was a two year period!
    I think its stage one, it will ask you for the date you will be coming to Canada. So put in a date you that you think you will be coming here (doesn't need to be correct)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 556 ✭✭✭danotroy

Can i make the payment for stage 1 from an Australian bank account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

just out of courisity, does anyone know what exact date it opened last year?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 556 ✭✭✭danotroy

EI-DOR wrote: »
    Tina, you need a Police check, Scanned Passport and a CV/Resume ready for the application process!

you do not need a police check ready for stage one. for stage 2 you most certainly do but to start the process you only need scanned passport and a resume.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/required-requis.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

sjapok wrote: »

I got a visa in last years batch but didnt conplete stage 2 until august this year. My Letter of induction says i can enter until aug 14. So yeah you will get 12months

• Advertisement

Update guys: just completed the croatian stage 1 kompass account with my OH. Its much more user friendly this year, with an easy credit card payment menu and uploading documents isnt apain anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

adamski8 wrote: »
    Update guys: just completed the croatian stage 1 kompass account with my OH. Its much more user friendly this year, with an easy credit card payment menu and uploading documents isnt apain anymore.

Thanks for the info mate. How quick is the whole process? As in from the time you register with Kompass, how soon do they send you your log in details. And how soon after you upload your info do they request payment? Is it days/hours? Anyone know what it was last year?

Lawlesz wrote: »
    Thanks for the info mate. How quick is the whole process? As in from the time you register with Kompass, how soon do they send you your log in details. And how soon after you upload your info do they request payment? Is it days/hours? Anyone know what it was last year?

well first off forget about last year, like i said they have improved things this year!

Ill give ye a timeline for this years CROATION 2014opening:

Tuesday 8pm they changed the website to say it was opening at 4pm wed.

Wednesday at 4pm she followed the "application step by step guide" link midway down the page.
    She registered her kompass account, they send her an email, you copy and paste a link into your browser, from here you have to sign in again. Once here all that was needed was your passport num and expiry date along with a few personal details (address etc). Unlike last year there was no port of entry and date of entry etc. submit each section and they are locked then. Once all are done, submit the entire thing. They then said you will receive an email within 48hr. They did give her a WTN at this stage but said she doesnt have a place until she receives the email. This all took the guts of 10min.

Thursday at 8pm she received her email saying there was a message in her my messages section within her kompass account. She logged in and it confirmed her WTN number. It also told her to go to her application section in kompass to pay by credit card the fee of 150 canadian dollars which is about 104euro and to upload a CV. She went into that section and paid by CC which was simple and they give you a recipt which you can save or print. we just saved it for now. Then uploaded a pdf of her CV. We then submitted the application. It is now waiting to be reviewed.

Now everyone should calm down and just follow the steps, its easy!!!!!!!!
    For her it was a bit of a panic, croatia pop of 4million had only 275 places!!!! she got 210 and was very quick about the whole thing.
    Ireland has roughly the same population and has 10,000 places this year. You will get a place if you want it. Once you have a valid passport you cant go wrong

for anyone interested in this years process, my OH just completed her Croatian entry for the IEC 2014 which opened yesterday, I posted in the other thread about it http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87628744&postcount=185

• Registered Users Posts: 23 elnino08

for anyone interested in this years process, my OH just completed her Croatian entry for the IEC 2014 which opened yesterday, I posted in the other thread about it http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87628744&postcount=185

Cheers that's good news, eyes peeled now. Just 1 question, in your post in the other thread you mentioned they were going to open on the fri but your other half had everything done and paid up by the thurs?

elnino08 wrote: »
    Cheers that's good news, eyes peeled now. Just 1 question, in your post in the other thread you mentioned they were going to open on the fri but your other half had everything done and paid up by the thurs?

That was a typo, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 elnino08

That was a typo, sorry!

No worries, just saw your edited post. Thanks for the info again.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kitchenchair

Thanks Adamski8 that is a great help. Easy Peesy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Different countries IEC opening dates are often months apart. Let's burst that balloon straight away. One duck doesn't follow the other. The IEC is administered independently between countries. They can cross over but don't look into that.

The Irish one opened January 29th for 2013 and we've been given a few indications that between now and early December that the 2014 Irish IEC will open for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

It also told her to go to her application section in kompass to pay by credit card the fee of 150 canadian dollars which is about 104euro and to upload a CV. She went into that section and paid by CC which was simple and they give you a recipt which you can save or print. we just saved it for now. Then uploaded a pdf of her CV. We then submitted the application. It is now waiting to be reviewed.

She was allowed pay by CC?? That's so much handier then having to pay by bank transfer. I wonder why the Irish program won't let you pay that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Carlsson

well first off forget about last year, like i said they have improved things this year!

Ill give ye a timeline for this years CROATION 2014opening:

Tuesday 8pm they changed the website to say it was opening at 4pm wed.

Wednesday at 4pm she followed the "application step by step guide" link midway down the page.
    She registered her kompass account, they send her an email, you copy and paste a link into your browser, from here you have to sign in again. Once here all that was needed was your passport num and expiry date along with a few personal details (address etc). Unlike last year there was no port of entry and date of entry etc. submit each section and they are locked then. Once all are done, submit the entire thing. They then said you will receive an email within 48hr. They did give her a WTN at this stage but said she doesnt have a place until she receives the email. This all took the guts of 10min.

Thursday at 8pm she received her email saying there was a message in her my messages section within her kompass account. She logged in and it confirmed her WTN number. It also told her to go to her application section in kompass to pay by credit card the fee of 150 canadian dollars which is about 104euro and to upload a CV. She went into that section and paid by CC which was simple and they give you a recipt which you can save or print. we just saved it for now. Then uploaded a pdf of her CV. We then submitted the application. It is now waiting to be reviewed.

Now everyone should calm down and just follow the steps, its easy!!!!!!!!
    For her it was a bit of a panic, croatia pop of 4million had only 275 places!!!! she got 210 and was very quick about the whole thing.
    Ireland has roughly the same population and has 10,000 places this year. You will get a place if you want it. Once you have a valid passport you cant go wrong

You forgot one thing. After we received message that we got a place, they also asked for a scan of passport identification page as well with CV.

Btw. I was done in 4 minutes and got really low wtn number :) All 275 places were taken in 15 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Judi565

Thanks for all the info. I lived in Vancouver back in 2007 for a year so would have to get a Canadian police clearance cert. RCMP website says you need to supply fingerprints to apply for a cert?? Has anyone else applied for Canadian one from Ireland? Thanks

bopper wrote: »
    She was allowed pay by CC?? That's so much handier then having to pay by bank transfer. I wonder why the Irish program won't let you pay that way.

yeah she paid with CC and it was easy. I think this year around the irish program will. It was a right pain in the ass last year alright.

Carlsson wrote: »
    You forgot one thing. After we received message that we got a place, they also asked for a scan of passport identification page as well with CV.

Btw. I was done in 4 minutes and got really low wtn number :) All 275 places were taken in 15 minutes

Yeah your right, forgot that part. 275 is such a low number, thought it would have been more now that they are in the EU

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Holly_Golightly

Two quick questions

1). For stage one do you only require the information page of your passport to be scanned or all pages which have been stamped?

2) Like everyone else I am worried about the registration opening and not seeing it immediately. I will be in Australia and New Zealand early Dec and January. Would it be best to hand over the application to an agency like Usit/visa first and have them on the case? Worried about time differences. If so how do these guys work internally? Do they have someone manually thrawling through applications and keying in info and if you did apply with them would you have thousands or hundreds of people in front of you in Usits internal queue anyway?? Or do they have some computer system/programme in place??
    So my question is are your chances better to go alone and do it yourself or trust an agency???

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭MadameGascar

You're not at all late. You're on time. It hasn't opened up yet but we're getting news that it will between now and the start of December.
    The Irish one opened January 29th for 2013 and we've been given a few indications that between now and early December that the 2014 Irish IEC will open for us.

Where are you getting these indications, I've been keeping up with everything and the earliest I've heard (from IEC) is early December?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

A guide has been released on the 2014 process for anyone who is interested:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=256406474508228&set=a.132880780194132.29711.122508297898047&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

Sorry didn't locate the non-facebook version!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Where are you getting these indications, I've been keeping up with everything and the earliest I've heard (from IEC) is early December?

The Moving2Canada website says for 2014 it looks like early December. But on the Facebook page of the Irish Centre for Immigration (in Toronto) they say it's going to be December or earlier. I would just check the official Canada IEC page twice a day or so. We don't have to wait much longer now. :rolleyes:

Advertisement