Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭Goose81

Sloth89 wrote: »
    It's the way I did aye

Just weird because that's not the way I input it but that's what it is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Gossipgal

Never before have I questioned the ins and outs of my own basic personal info! All in though, hopefully that will make it relatively painless for Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

They won't reject your visa if your DOB is formatted incorrectly, surely?
    Mine is fine, but if their web page lets the wrong format to be entered because they don't bother actually validating it, that's pretty shody development on their part.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

For previous IEC particaption it asks for WTN or date of entry....

I did SWAP Canadian working holiday in 2007,

It says date of application/ WTN number.... there is a W nunmber on my original application but I don't know is this WTN.
    Also when I try doing the date instead it asked for when I got application, which was feb. then i save and in a table summarising it says 'date entered canada'

anyone dealt with this before. / know what I should actually put

Cheers

Hi folks, been following this thread for weeks.. thanks to the regulars for all the useful info :D

Just filled out the Kompass info but I'm half afraid to click complete on the personal info tab because I've put in my old passport number (new one won't be issued until next week) I have a scan of the old one to submit when it asks too... soooo... if I show up at a port of entry with the new passport and new passport number will they let me in??!!!

You can update your passport number at any time via kompass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

I made mistakes on my Kompas last year and they let me change them. Don't worry too much about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

Awesome! thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 El Cycle

So is everyone getting this message when they click on IEC Category?:
    "Alert
    The 2014 International Experience Canada (IEC) initiative is not open for the Working holiday category. Please refer to the IEC Website for the status of the quota."

Because of this, I can't proceed to the documents submission and pay participation fee parts. Do I have to wait until Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

GrumPy wrote: »
    Mine is fine, but if their web page lets the wrong format to be entered because they don't bother actually validating it, that's pretty shody development on their part.

I know someone who got rejected from UK visa for dates being submitted in the wrong format

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Smellysack

Is there any place where we must enter what county we live in? it says City/town, but is it not slightly weird that they don't ask for county?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭Goose81

Its not a drop down box so it will let you enter it whatever way you like. what format is yours in your personal information section on your account?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

where it says previous iec participation will i click one? i was issued a visa in 2011 but never actually entered canada,it asks have i been in the country.will i put it down???????????

• Registered Users Posts: 45 djc123abc

Marko10 wrote: »
    The wording of the question about date of birth is terrible!

Wasn't sure what to put down for town/city of birth..it's Portlaois but it just says Laois on my passport so that's what I wrote.

I'm having a problem with that too. My passport has the county, but my birthcert has the city sans county. I'm unsure even though the application wants the city of birth.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Sloth89 wrote: »
    I know someone who got rejected from UK visa for dates being submitted in the wrong format

Mj

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

Skalragg wrote: »
    For previous IEC particaption it asks for WTN or date of entry....

I did SWAP Canadian working holiday in 2007,

It says date of application/ WTN number.... there is a W nunmber on my original application but I don't know is this WTN.
    Also when I try doing the date instead it asked for when I got application, which was feb. then i save and in a table summarising it says 'date entered canada'

anyone dealt with this before. / know what I should actually put

Cheers

Yeah getting this myself. Not sure what to do. Do you remember getting a WTN number? I got a number that was Letter Digit Digit Digit - is this it does anyone know? EDIT: Turns out this was my USIT booking reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

El Cycle wrote: »
    So is everyone getting this message when they click on IEC Category?:
    "Alert
    The 2014 International Experience Canada (IEC) initiative is not open for the Working holiday category. Please refer to the IEC Website for the status of the quota."

Because of this, I can't proceed to the
    documents submission and pay participation fee parts. Do I have to wait until Thursday?

that's what I'm getting, its strange could it be the the YP and internship visas are already taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 amr_lady

alexsmith wrote: »
    where it says previous iec participation will i click one? i was issued a visa in 2011 but never actually entered canada,it asks have i been in the country.will i put it down???????????

Exact same boat. Had my port of entry letter in 2006. I'm still eligible as you can apply again, but I never entered "Canada under IEC" technically.

I either put it down and as poster above says I entered Canada in 2006....or I don't put it down and something flags up on a system that I had a Port of Entry letter.

Dilemma!!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ravingitup

Still no reply from the technical support on whether I can actually apply for the YP quota. I don't know whether to stay calm, knowing nobody can either, or get really annoyed that I can't submit.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Durag

Just want to confirm, we fill out all the information required, hit complete when everything is entered (and correct) and then do we wait until Thursday to hit submit? I assume the only submissions they are taking ATM is for the young professionals. And then after that we wait another 2 days to pay and upload documents?

Or is there people hitting submit now?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 17 miak

right are ppl filling everything out for whv now and just submitting on thursday? Or are you all doing yp?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Twirlfiona

In 'Personal Information' under 'City/Town of Birth' I have put in the town I was born in. However on my passport under 'Place of Birth' it has the county I was born in.

Should I go with my passport and fill in the county or go with the town? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

amr_lady wrote: »
    Exact same boat. Had my port of entry letter in 2006. I'm still eligible as you can apply again, but I never entered "Canada under IEC" technically.

I either put it down and as poster above says I entered Canada in 2006....or I don't put it down and something flags up on a system that I had a Port of Entry letter.

Dilemma!!

i think im gonna put it in just incase she gets flagged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

MarkJD wrote: »
    Two accounts done :)

Only thing im concerned about is that i didnt use all capitals for the given names and family name as the passport is all capitals. Went as per first and second.

Hmm i didnt use capitals either...doubt it makes any difference

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

Twirlfiona wrote: »
    In 'Personal Information' under 'City/Town of Birth' I have put in the town I was born in. However on my passport under 'Place of Birth' it has the county I was born in.

Should I go with my passport and fill in the county or go with the town? :/

I would go with what's in your passport

Goose81 wrote: »
    Its not a drop down box so it will let you enter it whatever way you like. what format is yours in your personal information section on your account?

YEAR-MM-DD

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

amr_lady wrote: »

Dilemma!!

I had one from 2006 that I never used. I didn't put it on my forms but when I entered Canada they had a record of it. I would put it down as it makes no difference to your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Detour

Durag wrote: »
    Just want to confirm, we fill out all the information required, hit complete when everything is entered (and correct) and then do we wait until Thursday to hit submit? I assume the only submissions they are taking ATM is for the young professionals. And then after that we wait another 2 days to pay and upload documents?

Or is there people hitting submit now?

Cheers

That's my understanding - but it looks like no one can apply for the YP visa's yet either.

I've filled in as much as i can (everything except step 4) to give me as much of a head start as possible on Thurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 CDSM101

Hmm I just noticed it says Date Modified: 2013-07-03 in the bottom right hand corner of the IEC category page.

Does this mean they forgot to update their website with the young professionals category!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

YEAR-MM-DD

exactly it says in the give format and it shows yyyy-mm-dd beside it and says i requested format !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 amr_lady

Agro Head wrote: »
    I had one from 2006 that I never used. I didn't put it on my forms but when I entered Canada they had a record of it. I would put it down as it makes no difference to your application.

Thanks so much Agro Head (You're nicer than your handle suggests!!). It's a relief to find people on here who have actually been through it!

Thanks again!

Advertisement