Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 djc123abc

Twirlfiona wrote: »
    In 'Personal Information' under 'City/Town of Birth' I have put in the town I was born in. However on my passport under 'Place of Birth' it has the county I was born in.

Should I go with my passport and fill in the county or go with the town? :/

I decided to put in both seperated with a comma.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

exactly it says in the give format and it shows yyyy-mm-dd beside it and says i requested format !

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

in the contact details for the phone numbers 087 or just 87? what u guys put?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

GrumPy wrote: »
    What?

people where saying the question about is when setting up the profile inital it asks for the dob as in your passport but in the format thats on the page so your right .

ckgirl wrote: »
    in the contact details for the phone numbers 087 or just 87? what u guys put?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭Goose81

people where saying the question about is when setting up the profile inital it asks for the dob as in your passport but in the format thats on the page so your right .

It doesn't.
    It asks for exactly the way it is written on your passport , what they mean by format is don't write your month i.e August.

So for me I entered 20-08-1987 as on my passport however it converts it to their format in the personal section. I set up another account to check so it automatically does it. Were golden :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

guest124 wrote: »
    Did you happen to scan it before it went missing?

Yes but if I get a new one it won't correspond with the scanned one so will be invalid no?
    stevie1122 wrote: »
    They don't do the day thing anymore only in serious emergencies like having to travel for life saving surgery or that. I needed a new passport in January I thought the visas were going to be on sale any day at that stage so I rang up to see if I could get it on the day they said getting a visa wasn't a serious enough issue the quickest they can give you one is in two - three days but I still don't think they will allow you to get it that quick if just want it for applying for a visa.

Ring them anyway in the morning just in case but that's what i was told 2 months ago.

I'm half inclined to just go up tomorrow and chance it...
    Agro Head wrote: »
    Check all your old jackets and pants if you've been using it as ID when going on the sauce. Failing that book a dirt cheap flight to anywhere and go to the passport office and tell them you need an emergency passport to make your flight. Worth a try.

I have looked everywhere:( There are rosaries being said all over the country :o I can't believe it I've everything done for this since December, now this. I'm trying to find a super cheap flight to go for.............

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

gg2 wrote: »
    Yes but if I get a new one it won't correspond with the scanned one so will be invalid no?

I have looked everywhere:( There are rosaries being said all over the country :o I can't believe it I've everything done for this since December, now this. I'm trying to find a super cheap flight to go for.............

Thanks guys

I'll light a candle for ye :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭nicolo

Just to confirm in case I'm being stupid and missing it but there's nowhere to upload the passport scan and resume till after the working holidays section opens right?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

They have definitely made a balls up with the IEC Category. It's been an hour already and it's still the same. Baffling me. The quota on the main page is still the same number also for the Young Professionals!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Goose81 wrote: »
    It doesn't.
    It asks for exactly the way it is written on your passport , what they mean by format is don't write your month i.e August.

So for me I entered 20-08-1987 as on my passport however it converts it to their format in the personal section. I set up another account to check so it automatically does it. Were golden :pac:

The Iec site says:
    "The date of birth must be entered in the format requested in the IEC form no matter what the format is in your passport."

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ck24

That application process was pretty painless but I still couldn't imagine how stressful it would have been to try to fill that out if we had to wait until thursday and try to complete it against the clock!

Regarding the phone number I left out the zero and for DOB I followed the format they suggested and used yyyy-mm-dd.

Hope those trying to apply for the YP visa get that techical issue sorted soon.

Goose81 wrote: »
    It doesn't.

yes it does 2psgldi.jpg

exactly as in your passport . as in what it is
    and then in requested format so see the star ? yyyy-mm-dd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

nicolo wrote: »
    Just to confirm in case I'm being stupid and missing it but there's nowhere to upload the passport scan and resume till after the working holidays section opens right?

Please watch the Youtube videos. They are approx 2-3 minutes each, and explain everything clearly.
    You cannot upload yet, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Smellysack

What do I input under "contact information" if my address follows this format when living in the countryside:

Townland,
    Village,
    Town,
    County,
    Ireland,

Is this the correct way to fill the info in?

Street name / House name: Townland + Village
    City/town: Town
    Country/region: Ireland

Correct me if Im wrong but there doesnt appear to be any place to input County

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

I created a Kompass account for the UK visa on behalf of someone who couldn't be at a computer...I put in the format YYYY-MM-DD and he received his conditional acceptance letter. Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Smellysack, there isn't an option to put in the County, only the Town/City!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 El Cycle

EI-DOR wrote: »
    They have definitely made a balls up with the IEC Category. It's been an hour already and it's still the same. Baffling me. The quota on the main page is still the same number also for the Young Professionals!

Are you getting this message?

Alert

The 2014 International Experience Canada (IEC) initiative is not open for the Working holiday category. Please refer to the IEC Website for the status of the quota. "

Phoenix wrote: »
    Anyone recently apply for a Irish garda clearance cert?whats the turn around?

depends on your local station ! as fast as day to a week or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Loblox

Phoenix wrote: »
    Anyone recently apply for a Irish garda clearance cert?whats the turn around?

I got mine within a week and I'm living in Canada.

El Cycle wrote: »

Alert

The 2014 International Experience Canada (IEC) initiative is not open for the Working holiday category. Please refer to the IEC Website for the status of the quota. "

jaysis ya broke it ! lol :p
    nah everyone is getting it . because it isnt open

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

Smellysack wrote: »
    What do I input under "contact information" if my address follows this format when living in the countryside:

Townland,
    Village,
    Town,
    County,
    Ireland,

in the box under the country where it says state/province put in your county....that what I did anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ck24

gg2 wrote: »

Thanks guys

But cant you just use that scanned copy and use your current passport number to apply. Ive seen on here before that people applied using one passport but entered Canada using a newer one. Could happen to anyone if they applied and then lost your passport after they got their visa approved.
    It would be a different story if you hadnt scanned your passport before you lost it.

Alert

Yes getting the same like everyone else. If this was the Working Holiday I would be literally pulling my hair out not being able to select the Category!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Annoying that after all this time they've still managed to f**k it up. Looks like they haven't updated the site since last year to reflect the fact that there are new categories of visa. Hopefully this doesn't mean we have to enter all the information again once they've fixed it .

• Registered Users Posts: 23 danbyrne88

Hi,

I know the "Young Professionals and International Co-op (Internship) categories" is only open at the minute BUT can i create a Kompass account now and get everything ready before the "Working Holiday" visas are released??

Or will creating an account now make me inelegabe for the "working Holiday" visas as i created it before they were released?

Any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Smellysack wrote: »

Townland,
    Village,
    Town,
    County,
    Ireland,

I filled mine in like that anyway and I think it has 'State' so I put in county? Only saved not complete so if I am wrong, tell me!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Raymo1993

If I was born in Tralee town and born in kerry which one do I put down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 El Cycle

jaysis ya broke it ! lol :p
    nah everyone is getting it . because it isnt open

Aaah - so does one just wait til Thursday to finish filling it out, uploading documents, paying the fee etc?

Advertisement