Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

danbyrne88 wrote: »
    Hi,

I know the "Young Professionals and International Co-op (Internship) categories" is only open at the minute BUT can i create a Kompass account now and get everything ready before the "Working Holiday" visas are released??

Or will creating an account now make me inelegabe for the "working Holiday" visas as i created it before they were released?

Any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks!!

Please read the thread. Not being funny but were sick of answering the same questions over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

ckgirl wrote: »
    in the box under the country where it says state/province put in your county....that what I did anyway

I did the same. Anyone disagree?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

guest124 wrote: »
    I filled mine in like that anyway and I think it has 'State' so I put in county? Only saved not complete so if I am wrong, tell me!

I did that too.....anyway the post offices know what county various towns are in anyway....

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

El Cycle wrote: »
    Aaah - so does one just wait til Thursday to finish filling it out, uploading documents, paying the fee etc?

Once the category opens on Thursday and you submit your application, IEC will email you within 24-48hours requesting docs and payment (you've 10days to do so)

Aaah - so does one just wait til Thursday to finish filling it out, uploading documents, paying the fee etc?

Yes.
    1. Submit thursday
    2. Wait 48 hours (at a maximum) for a message in your Kompass inbox which will tell you if you are accepted.
    3. Relax, you have 10 days to upload documents/pay then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

gg2 wrote: »
    Yes but if I get a new one it won't correspond with the scanned one so will be invalid no?

I'm half inclined to just go up tomorrow and chance it...

I have looked everywhere:( There are rosaries being said all over the country :o I can't believe it I've everything done for this since December, now this. I'm trying to find a super cheap flight to go for.............

Thanks guys

I'm in the same situation, have a scan of old passport which is currently being renewed as I just realised it would expire june 2015. I'm just gonna go with the passport number of the scanned one for Kompass and show up in Canada with the new one and a photocopy of the old one so they can see the passport number is the same as the one on the visa application

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ck24

sjapok wrote: »
    Yes.
    1. Submit thursday
    2. Wait 48 hours (at a maximum) for a message in your Kompass inbox which will tell you if you are accepted.

But you dont have your place in the quota allocated until you pay so I wouldnt wait 5 days

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

I'm in the same situation, have a scan of old passport which is currently being renewed as I just realised it would expire june 2015. I'm just gonna go with the passport number of the scanned one for Kompass and show up in Canada with the new one and a photocopy of the old one so they can see the passport number is the same as the one on the visa application

Yea that should be fine. I believe plenty of people have done that!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

ck24 wrote: »
    But you dont have your place in the quota allocated until you pay so I wouldnt wait 5 days

You do have your place in the quota for those 10 days, if you don't pay/submit docs before the 10 days are up you are removed from the process but not until then

Sloth89 wrote: »
    You do have your place in the quota for those 10 days, if you don't pay/submit docs before the 10 days are up you are removed from the process but not until then

Ah good to know! Much less stressful so. Thanks sloth. Does it say that somewhere because I couldn't see that anywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 El Cycle

sjapok wrote: »
    Yes.
    1. Submit thursday

The documents they want in that 10 day window - just the PDF Resume and passport scan?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

The documents they want in that 10 day window - just the PDF Resume and passport scan?

Yup!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

at this point your asking that question ? wanna get googling man ! ha

My question is this.

Will everyone be already logged into their Kompass accounts on Thursday at 8pm refreshing the section 4 page to see if it changes.

My worry is that you will need to log-out and log back in when it updates so a better thing may be to wait until 8pm exactly to log-in?

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Gossipgal

No they're uploaded when you submit on thurs. 10 days for police certs, passport photo etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7 El Cycle

at this point your asking that question ? wanna get googling man ! ha

Just making sure! Can't be too careful ;)

Gossipgal wrote: »
    No they're uploaded when you submit on thurs. 10 days for police certs, passport photo etc

Well thats not right. Read the FAQs

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

eenm wrote: »
    Yeah getting this myself. Not sure what to do. Do you remember getting a WTN number? I got a number that was Letter Digit Digit Digit - is this it does anyone know? EDIT: Turns out this was my USIT booking reference.
    Skalragg wrote: »
    For previous IEC particaption it asks for WTN or date of entry....

I did SWAP Canadian working holiday in 2007,

It says date of application/ WTN number.... there is a W nunmber on my original application but I don't know is this WTN.
    Also when I try doing the date instead it asked for when I got application, which was feb. then i save and in a table summarising it says 'date entered canada'

anyone dealt with this before. / know what I should actually put

Cheers

If anyone has any advice on this would be great? Maybe anyone who is applying through a third party, if you could let us know which it's actually looking for it would be great.

'Please indicate either the World Tracking Number (WTN) associated with your application or indicate the year and month when you applied for IEC.'

And then when you submit...

# Entered Canada on Category type
    1 2008-1 SWAP

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

The poor young professionals left hanging though! I'd have the Powers out, no water.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Gossipgal

ck24 wrote: »
    Well thats not right. Read the FAQs

My bad, I thought this was 10 days between completing stage one and two

• Advertisement

Gossipgal wrote: »
    My bad, I thought this was 10 days between completing stage one and two

Once you complete stage 1 you've 90s to complete stage 2.

The youtube videos by the IEC are really helpful and answer most questions. Id recommend them to anyone applying.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Durag

Did anyone get a responce to what format the date of birth should be put in for setting up the Kompass account? The site is contradicting itself (as you all know) just wondering what did everyone else put down? YYYY-MM-DD as they have described, or DD-MM-YY as is on our passports?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Sloth89 wrote: »
    Just to confirm, when you say upload documents, your talking bout cv and passport, not guarda clearance?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ciaran12

Durag wrote: »
    Did anyone get a responce to what format the date of birth should be put in for setting up the Kompass account? The site is contradicting itself (as you all know) just wondering what did everyone else put down? YYYY-MM-DD as they have described, or DD-MM-YY as is on our passports?

It doesn't have to be the format on your passport, it just needs to be the same date

You should use the format they provide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Yeah, it's pretty clear that they want it in the format that they request, not in the format it appears on your passport

"You must enter your Family and Given Name(s), passport number and date of birth into your application, as shown in your passport. Any applications submitted on December 18th, 2013 or at a later date, will be refused if the names, passport number or date of birth do not match the information written in your passport. The date of birth must be entered in the format requested in the IEC form no matter what the format is in your passport."

As someone else already posted, even if you put it in as dd-mm-yyyy it automactically corrects it to the yyyy-mm-dd format.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Durag

^Thanks to both replies about the date of birth, cleared it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Judi565

eenm wrote: »
    If anyone has any advice on this would be great? Maybe anyone who is applying through a third party, if you could let us know which it's actually looking for it would be great.

'Please indicate either the World Tracking Number (WTN) associated with your application or indicate the year and month when you applied for IEC.'

And then when you submit...

# Entered Canada on Category type
    1 2008-1 SWAP

In the same boat... Did working holiday through USIT/SWAP and arrived in Canada in Dec 2006 so on the form I chose SWAP from the dropdown and 2006-12 as application date. I've sent a msg through Kompass to confirm if that's right but think it should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

So, anyone interested in a boards "IEC 2014 Waiting Lounge" beers when the Conditional Letters of Acceptance are sent out? :D
    Faith/ Phoenix as our glorious mod overlords, beers on you! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

GrumPy wrote: »
    So, anyone interested in a boards "IEC 2014 Waiting Lounge" beers when the Conditional Letters of Acceptance are sent out? :D
    Faith/ Phoenix as our glorious mod overlords, beers on you! :pac:

Sure, if the beers are in Cork ;)

Advertisement