Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭nicolo

Ok I watched the videos and I'm just concerned about one thing, I thought it would be a case of we set up now and then on thursday we hit submit with all our documents for stage one but in the video it says we have to wait up to 48 hours to get a response and only then can we submit the documents/ payment. does this mean we have to sit by our computers for 48 hours and submit when we finally get a reply or risk losing our place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

The site has been updated/ sorted.. It now says OPEN in Red under young Professionals..
    And if you go into your Kompass Account & go to the section that's pending it has the option to choose between the 2 categories that are open..
    Phew.. It makes a whole lot more sense now..

• Registered Users Posts: 29 CDSM101

About time they got that sorted! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Yea I see that. Bit of a flipping joke though, 2 hours later!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

Judi565 wrote: »
    In the same boat... Did working holiday through USIT/SWAP and arrived in Canada in Dec 2006 so on the form I chose SWAP from the dropdown and 2006-12 as application date. I've sent a msg through Kompass to confirm if that's right but think it should be ok.

Thanks Judi!

So you reckon put it down as the date you arrived in Canada? I guess they're more likely to have a record of that than the date you applied through USIT or wherever else.

• Advertisement

The flipping Place of Birth has me confused. It says Town/City and on my Passport it is down as the County. Though I have still put the County down as that's whats on the PP!

Edit,

After reading the page, it doesn't stipulate in the sub-section that the Place of Birth has to be Town/City or County, so I'm just going to put the Town and County in!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

EI-DOR wrote: »
    The flipping Place of Birth has me confused. It says Town/City and on my Passport it is down as the County. Though I have still put the County down as that's whats on the PP!

read your post wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 31 duffman44

Edit,

After reading the page, it doesn't stipulate in the sub-section that the Place of Birth has to be Town/City or County, so I'm just going to put the Town and County in!

I was born in England and on my passport it just says GBR as place of birth and i put down that i was born in croydon it should be ok i hope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

I'm just putting it down as it is on the passport. Safest thing I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Durag

Edit,

Luckily mine was Sligo and my passport says Sligo so thats all i am putting in, no confusion there. I would assume you just put in whats on your passport, they arent asking for birth cert so they wont otherwise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Durag

On another thanks to everyone for your help and advice, made the whole process (so far) a lot easier, so cheers!

Yea cheers folks, safest thing to do is just go by the Passport. There should never be any problems then!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

In the same boat... Did working holiday through USIT/SWAP and arrived in Canada in Dec 2006 so on the form I chose SWAP from the dropdown and 2006-12 as application date. I've sent a msg through Kompass to confirm if that's right but think it should be ok.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zj33lhok6tswqja/IEC-ISSUE.png

I did the SWAP program in 2007 and have the same issue. The form that was sent out then ( which is top left of pic had a letter W followed by numbers) is this what they called WTN back then.,

If I enter the date I applied, when I complete the page, it brings me to a table saying ‘Entered Canada on’ I got my letter of acceptance in Feb 07 but didn’t actually enter the country till June 07 .

What should I be putting down ? The date i ''entered'' canada, date I applied day one or the day I got accepted for the SWAP visa scheme

Faith wrote: »
    Just to clarify, we don't upload our documents until Thursday, right?

If they follow the same procedure as the UK IEC application process, they won't ask you to upload documents until they give you a letter of acceptance

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Judi565

Skalragg wrote: »
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/zj33lhok6tswqja/IEC-ISSUE.png

I did the SWAP program in 2007 and have the same issue. The form that was sent out then ( which is top left of pic had a letter W followed by numbers) is this what they called WTN back then.,

If I enter the date I applied, when I complete the page, it brings me to a table saying ‘Entered Canada on’ I got my letter of acceptance in Feb 07 but didn’t actually enter the country till June 07 .

What should I be putting down ? The date i ''entered'' canada, date I applied day one or the day I got accepted for the SWAP visa scheme

I went with the date I entered Canada 2006-12. My application was done in hard copy and sent by post back in 2006 so I don't know the exact date I applied. The visa in my passport has the date I entered Canada on it so I would say that's what they have on record.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 miak

Is anyone applying filling in the form for whv in any way concerned that we shouldnt be filling in anything yet? Is there no way that this could jeopardise application?? I know- over cautious but so long waiting on them now that dont want to miss out :(

Phoenix wrote: »
    Anyone recently apply for a Irish garda clearance cert?whats the turn around?

They say a few weeks.... first time I went in,...they asked for everything and refused to take the form even though they saw my passport and driving license... they wanted copy of original birth cert also and said it would take 4-5 weeks..

second time I went in, with all the documents, the guard behind the desk didn't want to see anything, told me it would take under two weeks and did I need it sooner? Had to ask her to include the letter, copies of my id's ...she was happy to take form and envelope...

From asking around...its about 3 weeks turnaround in general

I went with the date I entered Canada 2006-12. My application was done in hard copy and sent by post back in 2006 so I don't know the exact date I applied. The visa in my passport has the date I entered Canada on it so I would say that's what they have on record.

Ya I have that date stamped on my passport... but I think their wording is really bad..if thats what they are actually looking for.

eenm wrote: »
    Thanks Judi!

So you reckon put it down as the date you arrived in Canada? I guess they're more likely to have a record of that than the date you applied through USIT or wherever else.

Yep I'm going with the date I entered Canada as that's what appears on the visa in my passport so I'm guessing that's what's on their records. Can't actually remember when I posted off the USIT application!

Ya I have that date stamped on my passport... but I think their wording is really bad..if thats what they are actually looking for.

Yeah it is pretty confusing. I also wasn't sure whether to choose Working Holiday or SWAP from the dropdown - went with SWAP in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭IrishTeddi

Question.....

I'm going through the different sections of information inside my Kompass account..

Am I just "saving" the information for now, then when Thursday comes at 8pm, you hit "complete" in each section?

Or can you press "complete" now?

I'm confused over this part..

• Registered Users Posts: 9 danii1990

nicolo wrote: »
    Ok I watched the videos and I'm just concerned about one thing, I thought it would be a case of we set up now and then on thursday we hit submit with all our documents for stage one but in the video it says we have to wait up to 48 hours to get a response and only then can we submit the documents/ payment. does this mean we have to sit by our computers for 48 hours and submit when we finally get a reply or risk losing our place?

Ya it looks that way. Like he says in the video (No.2) you don't have a place until you submit documents/ payment. Hopefully it won't take 48 hours..

Yep I'm going with the date I entered Canada as that's what appears on the visa in my passport so I'm guessing that's what's on their records. Can't actually remember when I posted off the USIT application!

I have the following document allowing me to travel to canada... so again not sure should I just use date on this...since I could technically work there from that date onwards
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ytt25a37bclabbw/iec.png

IrishTeddi wrote: »
    Question.....

I'm going through the different sections of information inside my Kompass account..

Am I just "saving" the information for now, then when Thursday comes at 8pm, you hit "complete" in each section?

You can't complete the IEC category till Thursday if you want to apply for IEC working holiday

I'm sure this is answered somewhere but don';t see it

''I intend to leave Canada before my passport, work permit or health-care insurance expires, whichever comes first.'' My passport expires in 2017 so around the time I hope to apply for permanent residency. Does anyone know if you can update your passport during your 2 year IEC ?

For example, if I arrive in canada in Nov 14, if I came home the summer of 2015, could I renew my passport and re-enter?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

Question.....

You can complete each section of the application requirements except no 4 IEC Category. This cannot be completed until it opens on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kitchenchair

I'm sure this is answered somewhere but don';t see it

''I intend to leave Canada before my passport, work permit or health-care insurance expires, whichever comes first.'' My passport expires in 2017 so around the time I hope to apply for permanent residency. Does anyone know if you can update your passport during your 2 year IEC ?

For example, if I arrive in canada in Nov 14, if I came home the summer of 2015, could I renew my passport and re-enter?

You can re-new your passport from Canada. Just need to send it away for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Question.....

Really makes little difference. Even if you hit complete you can still go back and change something before you submit it. You have to hit complete on everything before you submit it on Thursday though.

You can re-new your passport from Canada. Just need to send it away for a few weeks.

So it shouldn't cause a problem re-entering the country even though I would have applied with old passport and used it for a year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

danii1990 wrote: »
    Ya it looks that way. Like he says in the video (No.2) you don't have a place until you submit documents/ payment. Hopefully it won't take 48 hours..

Once you hit submit on Thursday your place is reserved.

Advertisement