Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Hi all,i have a quick question my paasport is valid until 13th of july 2015,will i be able to apply with this passport,as there is only over a year until expiration date.Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

Im wondering about the sending of a copy/original of the police certs too because when I scan my FBI police cert its not legible and just says "VOID" all over it. lol...

seamus1980 wrote: »
    Hi all,i have a quick question my paasport is valid until 13th of july 2015,will i be able to apply with this passport,as there is only over a year until expiration date.Thanks all.

I think you will be able to apply with that passport but your visa/work permit will expire tha same date as the passport.

Not 100% tho! Maybe you cant apply at all for the 2 year if the passport isnt valid for the 2 year duration?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Foley48 wrote: »
    I think you will be able to apply with that passport but your visa/work permit will expire tha same date as the passport.

Not 100% tho! Maybe you cant apply at all for the 2 year if the passport isnt valid for the 2 year duration?

Yea not sure about this mate,if i cant apply for the 2 year one i will be waiting until next year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

gg2 wrote: »
    Just watched the Kompass videos, very helpful. I see you can pay using credit card, I thought it was only debit cards.

Wait, you can? So how would you give them proof of payment-screen shot the "paid" transaction on their page?

• Advertisement

You must provide a clear, legible copy of your valid passport. Include a copy of:

•the page that shows your birth date, country of origin, etc.
    •any pages with stamps, visas or markings

You will need to scan your passport and any additional pages into one pdf file.

Your passport must be valid for the full duration of your intended stay in Canada

This doesnt really help clear things up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Wait, you can? So how would you give them proof of payment-screen shot the "paid" transaction on their page?

Yes a screenshot will suffice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ciaran12

radiata wrote: »

The race is on!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Toronto

At least they've fixed the categories page! Working Holiday still can't be selected, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Toronto wrote: »
    At least they've fixed the categories page! Working Holiday still can't be selected, though.

Still no timeframe for tomorrow though! :(
    EI-DOR wrote: »
    Yes a screenshot will suffice!

That's fab, it saved Mammy Lollipops23 a trip to the bank :D I don't have online banking, so that was my only option!

It's probably been asked before, and I'm sorry if I'm being repetitive, but after I submit tomorrow how long til I can pay up?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Karlos_Macca

Anyone know how long we have until we have to get the Garda Cert from the initial application? I just applied for mine and it says a 3 week wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

Foley48 wrote: »
    This doesnt really help clear things up :(

You can apply with the current one. Get a new passport before you leave and change your passport details in your Kompass account.

The only way you get a shorter visa is if you turn up at immigration with a passport that expires before the end of your visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Toronto

It's probably been asked before, and I'm sorry if I'm being repetitive, but after I submit tomorrow how long til I can pay up?

Do it as soon as you can, because you don't get a place in the quota until you pay and upload your documents.

EDIT: Whoops, I misread. We don't know how long it'll take until you get the option of paying. It could be any time in the 48 hours after you click Submit, but going on last year's thread, it'll probably be a day. Some folks got to do it in less time than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

Still no word on opening time for submitting tomorrow?

Do it as soon as you can, because you don't get a place in the quota until you pay and upload your documents.

EDIT: Whoops, I misread. We don't know how long it'll take until you get the option of paying. It could be any time in the 48 hours after you click Submit, but going on last year's thread, it'll probably be a day. Some folks got to do it in less time than that!

Grand, I'm away for the weekend so will probably bring the aul laptop with me! Just want to get things moving now-I'd been pretty serene about it all since around mid Feb, and now I'm only reeeeearing to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

Bit of a stupid question....but im still waiting on Garda Cert.....it is just a scanned copy we send? Not a hardcopy sent to them.

You will need to upload a scanned copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

Guys,

Just so you know VHI have specifically designed a plan to cover the IEC visas:
    https://www.vhi.ie/info/MainServlet?action=backpackerHome

This is an alternative to www.backpackertravelinsurance.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Do you not get a place in the quota once you apply i.e before you upload documents and pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Guys,

https://www.vhi.ie/info/MainServlet?...backpackerHome

So the VHI plan covers Travel and Medical? Looks pretty good!

Do you not get a place in the quota once you apply i.e before you upload documents and pay.

You do, but there's a period of time to get payment and docs sorted. If you miss them you lose your place in the queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

sjapok wrote: »
    Guys,

https://www.vhi.ie/info/MainServlet?action=backpackerHome

That VHI plan doesn't cover you for "Team sports played in competitive contests" even if you select the Hazardous Sports Level 2 add on. I plan on learning hockey over there so that rules that insurance out for me.

Hurling is also specifically not covered even with the Hazardous Sports Level 2 add on as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 hippoparty

eenm wrote: »
    Yeah getting this myself. Not sure what to do. Do you remember getting a WTN number? I got a number that was Letter Digit Digit Digit - is this it does anyone know? EDIT: Turns out this was my USIT booking reference.

Fear not, hippoparty to the rescue!

Just going to copy and paste an answer i previously gave related to this:

---
    Fear not, i am in the exact situation as you. When we did it through USIT, the ICE as it is now simply didn't exist. So this is indeed our first time going through ICE. I read that same article you refer to, and i also was worried as i did not retain a copy of my visa from 2010. I do however still have a copy of my Letter of Entry (it has a an authorization number and a client ID number). I emailed ICE and asked:

"Hi, I will be applying for the Irish 2014 ICE programme. I previously obtained a one year work visa for Canada in 2010 through a third party agency (USIT) and I want to ask what information will I be required to provide from my previous application in 2010? As my application in 2010 was through a third party I now only have a copy of the Point of Entry letter, which contains an Authorization Number, and a Client Number. I cannot find my 2010 WTN, nor am I aware did I even receive a WTP in 2010 as I understand the programme has since changed in many way since 2010. I would be most grateful for any advice or guidance that you can give. Kindest regards..."

The exact response i received later that evening was:

"Please note that providing an approximate date of when you applied for your 2010 participation will suffice.

International Experience Canada"

So, there you go. We should be okay.
    ---

Hope that helps.

Took me like 20 minutes of digging to find that old post, hoping someone can help me now.

I did the USIT student programme in 2010. Do i select SWAP then, i thik i remember seeing SWAP branded material somewhere in 2010... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Ok dudes, stupid question time! My passport scans have the passport centered in the middle of the scan if you catch my drift. Do these have to be cropped to fill the full scan?? And its open on the flat so its like a double page. I haven't seen this asked anywhere so I'm guessing it won't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

hippoparty wrote: »
    Fear not, hippoparty to the rescue!

Just going to copy and paste an answer i previously gave related to this:

---
    Fear not, i am in the exact situation as you. When we did it through USIT, the ICE as it is now simply didn't exist. So this is indeed our first time going through ICE. I read that same article you refer to, and i also was worried as i did not retain a copy of my visa from 2010. I do however still have a copy of my Letter of Entry (it has a an authorization number and a client ID number). I emailed ICE and asked:

"Hi, I will be applying for the Irish 2014 ICE programme. I previously obtained a one year work visa for Canada in 2010 through a third party agency (USIT) and I want to ask what information will I be required to provide from my previous application in 2010? As my application in 2010 was through a third party I now only have a copy of the Point of Entry letter, which contains an Authorization Number, and a Client Number. I cannot find my 2010 WTN, nor am I aware did I even receive a WTP in 2010 as I understand the programme has since changed in many way since 2010. I would be most grateful for any advice or guidance that you can give. Kindest regards..."

The exact response i received later that evening was:

"Please note that providing an approximate date of when you applied for your 2010 participation will suffice.

International Experience Canada"

So, there you go. We should be okay.
    ---

Hope that helps.

Took me like 20 minutes of digging to find that old post, hoping someone can help me now.

I did the USIT student programme in 2010. Do i select SWAP then, i thik i remember seeing SWAP branded material somewhere in 2010... ?

Thank you! So you're going with rough application date rather than entry date?

I've selected SWAP anyway, because it asked for either the IEC Category or a Recognised organisation - SWAP was sort of the other side of USIT. We had to go to SWAP for inductions etc. I also think it was called a student visa (with the other being the under 35s visa) or something similar back then so I think SWAP is a safe bet.

Ok dudes, stupid question time! My passport scans have the passport centered in the middle of the scan if you catch my drift. Do these have to be cropped to fill the full scan?? And its open on the flat so its like a double page. I haven't seen this asked anywhere so I'm guessing it won't be a problem.

It's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Agro Head wrote: »
    It's fine.

Super! And is it ok if its in black and white? I haven't seen it specified anywhere to be in colour.

Doing my 3rd run through of the house. It just seems like the passport has walked. How can it just disappear?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

Anyone know how long we have until we have to get the Garda Cert from the initial application? I just applied for mine and it says a 3 week wait!

I had to get a second one last week as 1st one out of date. Dropped it off at station on Thursday....got it in post on Wed.

Have to say its pretty efficient service from the old garda siochana!

• Advertisement

Super! And is it ok if its in black and white? I haven't seen it specified anywhere to be in colour.

Doing my 3rd run through of the house. It just seems like the passport has walked. How can it just disappear?:(

Black and white shouldn't be an issue.

Advertisement