Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

gg2 wrote: »
    Super! And is it ok if its in black and white? I haven't seen it specified anywhere to be in colour.

Doing my 3rd run through of the house. It just seems like the passport has walked. How can it just disappear?:(

A friend of mine found her passport inbetween dvds. You really do need to search everywhere! :D

Super! And is it ok if its in black and white? I haven't seen it specified anywhere to be in colour.

Doing my 3rd run through of the house. It just seems like the passport has walked. How can it just disappear?:(

Try looking in the scanner!? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11 hippoparty

eenm wrote: »
    Thank you! So you're going with rough application date rather than entry date?

I've selected SWAP anyway, because it asked for either the IEC Category or a Recognised organisation - SWAP was sort of the other side of USIT. We had to go to SWAP for inductions etc. I also think it was called a student visa (with the other being the under 35s visa) or something similar back then so I think SWAP is a safe bet.

Im going to go with March 2010 because it was in March that the programme opened in 2010 and that is when i applied (it does not seem to want a specific date, just the year-month). I arrived in Canada in May, but it asks for when i applied so that is what im going to give them.

Ya i did the student visa too, and im fairly sure you're right in that it was SWAP on the other end, so ill go with that, thank you! (I did their 'introduction' thing once i landed in Vancouver, what a load of muck/waste of time! I feel sorry for anyone who has paid money for a third party this year.)

Also in reference to conversations in regards to places of birth on your passport, for the love of divine good put down exactly what is on your passport. I was born in Clonmel, but my passport says Tipperary as my date of birth. I put down Tipperary, because i am not an idiot. I dont mean to be harsh, but people must be overthinking this so much that their brains are getting so scrambled that something as obvious as this, is not obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Loblox

Alright, quick question. I was told I didn't have a WTN. Fine, no problem. I was just looking through my old paperwork, and there's a WTN on most of the stuff I received (changed it before posting, obviously): LDN-IE-(2 numbers, presumably the year)-WHP-(6 numbers, which was my birth year and two others)

Is the whole thing the WTN, or just the last six numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunshine87

duffman44 wrote: »
    I was born in England and on my passport it just says GBR as place of birth and i put down that i was born in croydon it should be ok i hope

yeah mine says Great Britain (GRB) on Irish passport not London. i will put down London city though as the next question asks you 'country of birth' which the only option is UK, not GBR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunshine87

Loblox wrote: »
    Alright, quick question. I was told I didn't have a WTN. Fine, no problem. I was just looking through my old paperwork, and there's a WTN on most of the stuff I received (changed it before posting, obviously): LDN-IE-(2 numbers, presumably the year)-WHP-(6 numbers, which was my birth year and two others)

Is the whole thing the WTN, or just the last six numbers?

i put down the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Loblox

Sunshine87 wrote: »
    i put down the whole thing.

Alright, cool. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

guest124 wrote: »
    A friend of mine found her passport inbetween dvds. You really do need to search everywhere! :D
    guest124 wrote: »
    Try looking in the scanner!? :p

I just found it in my make up bag! Which I have been using and which I looked in several times, I must have had myself in that much of a flap I kept over looking it! I'm in some form now!:D There'll be some serious celebrating done this weekend!

I just found it in my make up bag! Which I have been using and which I looked in several times, I must have had myself in that much of a flap I kept over looking it! I'm in some form now!:D There'll be some serious celebrating done this weekend!

Haha good stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Glad you found it... Now make sure it's not obscured by lipstick :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Anyone reckon they'll go up early tomorrow as there is a much larger quota?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kitchenchair

Only 36 Young Professionals visas gone. Madness. I had a feeling not many people would have job offer's ready and waiting. I do however have a feeling that people are working hard on getting a job offer now that so many of those visas are still left. Especially those that don't make the WHV quota.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭IrishTeddi

ckgirl wrote: »
    I had to get a second one last week as 1st one out of date. Dropped it off at station on Thursday....got it in post on Wed.

Have to say its pretty efficient service from the old garda siochana!

Mine took 2 and half months, so you're lucky. Having said that, I did all of this when I thought that the visa's were coming out in December. You're lucky!

It's completely dependant on Garda Station to Garda Station as it's the individuals who work there who determine whether or not you have an efficient process time or not! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 f4m1c0m

This has probably been asked quite a lot but 171 pages is a lot to go through. I am currently waiting on an express Irish Passport. It should take 14 days at most if I'm lucky. Quota starts tomorrow. How long is it normally between phase 1 , 2 and possibly 3? I looked at the French one and it shows 15 days. British one is 5 days. I tried to use the "waybackwhen" website to see last years but it does not show it. Any ideas that may help me stress less for the next couple of weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

hippoparty wrote: »

Also in reference to conversations in regards to places of birth on your passport, for the love of divine good put down exactly what is on your passport. I was born in Clonmel, but my passport says Tipperary as my date of birth. I put down Tipperary, because i am not an idiot. I dont mean to be harsh, but people must be overthinking this so much that their brains are getting so scrambled that something as obvious as this, is not obvious.

You are not an idiot but your date of birth is Tipperary.

Swings and roundabouts.

ustari wrote: »
    You are not an idiot but your date of birth is Tipperary.

Swings and roundabouts.

I'm clearly the smartests person in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Toronto

No, that prize goes to anyone who finds the "Search this forum" option or reads the FAQ before asking a question. :D

Time has been added!

Working Holiday
    • Round 1: March 13th, 2014 at 8:00 p.m. Dublin time (16:00 Ottawa time)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LeinsterLover

Opening time for Working Holiday is 8 pm on 13th March, 3,850 places in the first round.

Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

Opening time for Working Holiday is 8 pm on 13th March, 3,850 places in the first round.

Good luck everyone!

where did it say the number of places?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Anthony Doherty

All the best to all of you who are applying for the working holiday program tomorrow. Here are some useful tips! smile.png

http://www.immigroup.com/news/how-prepare-iec-working-holiday-application-march-13th

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

hippoparty wrote: »
    Im going to go with March 2010 because it was in March that the programme opened in 2010 and that is when i applied (it does not seem to want a specific date, just the year-month). I arrived in Canada in May, but it asks for when i applied so that is what im going to give them.

Ya i did the student visa too, and im fairly sure you're right in that it was SWAP on the other end, so ill go with that, thank you! (I did their 'introduction' thing once i landed in Vancouver, what a load of muck/waste of time! I feel sorry for anyone who has paid money for a third party this year.)

FYI- Just got a mail back from USIT saying whatever month is on the acceptance letter is what IEC will cross reference vs. Not the month you entered the country

Skalragg wrote: »
    FYI- Just got a mail back from USIT saying whatever month is on the acceptance letter is what IEC will cross reference vs. Not the month you entered the country

Thank you, i really appreciate that bit of info!

Now I have most of the day to stress about applying until 8pm. I'm just going to psyche myself out. Eep.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

EI-DOR wrote: »
    Time has been added!

Working Holiday
    • Round 1: March 13th, 2014 at 8:00 p.m. Dublin time (16:00 Ottawa time)

I wonder why they're opening them so late in the day this year?

How do third-party companies work for this? Does someone manually fill out your details and apply for you? Or do you still have to do all the leg-work yourself? I ask because USIT etc will be closed for the evening when the visas are released this year.

Faith wrote: »

How do third-party companies work for this? Does someone manually fill out your details and apply for you? Or do you still have to do all the leg-work yourself? I ask because USIT etc will be closed for the evening when the visas are released this year.

It states in the Kompass account that you, and only you can submit the application. No third parties are allowed submit on your behalf

It's illegal for 3rd parties to apply. They can only assist in the Application Process ect, so they're a waste of money really!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Skalragg wrote: »
    It states in the Kompass account that you, and only you can submit the application. No third parties are allowed submit on your behalf
    EI-DOR wrote: »
    It's illegal for 3rd parties to apply. They can only assist in the Application Process ect, so they're a waste of money really!

Yeah, I knew that, but I wondered if they sneakily applied on your behalf anyway. What a waste of €75 if you signed up to one of them! It saves you absolutely no stress or trouble.

It made sense when it was done via post and people wanted someone who could look over the forms to make sure they were filled out correctly. But now that it's done online, third parties really aren't any help.

• Advertisement

Faith wrote: »
    Yeah, I knew that, but I wondered if they sneakily applied on your behalf anyway. What a waste of €75 if you signed up to one of them! It saves you absolutely no stress or trouble.

Complete waste of money, other than their job database/ possibly the two year insurance. Flights are overpriced through third parties also.

Advertisement