Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Faith wrote: »
    Yeah, I knew that, but I wondered if they sneakily applied on your behalf anyway. What a waste of €75 if you signed up to one of them! It saves you absolutely no stress or trouble.

Do they not sneakily apply for you? I'm pretty sure a friend got her visa last year through visafirst. Just sent them all her details and sat back.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

ckgirl wrote: »
    where did it say the number of places?

Yeah there's nothing about the amount of places that I've seen

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

ckgirl wrote: »
    I had to get a second one last week as 1st one out of date. Dropped it off at station on Thursday....got it in post on Wed.

Have to say its pretty efficient service from the old garda siochana!

My second police certificate was put in the post today so they tell me :-) Woohoo!

All the hard work is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

The OP is prob just assuming it's 3850 tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Toronto

Officially, there's been nothing announced. I think an article in The Irish Times said each WH round would use up half the WH quota, but who knows if they're a reliable source?

• Advertisement

EI-DOR wrote: »
    The OP is prob just assuming it's 3850 tomorrow!

Figured as much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

guest124 wrote: »
    Do they not sneakily apply for you? I'm pretty sure a friend got her visa last year through visafirst. Just sent them all her details and sat back.

Yeah I think some of them do. USIT don't though.

Tbh, I'd rather be applying myself. If an agency has, say, 200 applications to send in, I wouldn't like mine to be last one!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LeinsterLover

face1990 wrote: »
    Yeah I think some of them do. USIT don't though.

Tbh, I'd rather be applying myself. If an agency has, say, 200 applications to send in, I wouldn't like mine to be last one!

Yeah! Plus I can't afford the luxury of having a stranger fill forms in for me.

• Advertisement

Ahhhh they must have only updated it there now!

Ahhhh they must have only updated it there now!

Just 4000 places tho both times is allot of people really

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Raymo1993

How much is the visa fee

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

Skalragg wrote: »
    FYI- Just got a mail back from USIT saying whatever month is on the acceptance letter is what IEC will cross reference vs. Not the month you entered the country

Finding such a letter may be very difficult... It's possible I don't have it. As a matter of interest, what is the month on your acceptance letter vs when you applied and arrived?

It couldn't just be straight forward...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Raymo1993 wrote: »
    How much is the visa fee

CA$150 - just less than €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

eenm wrote: »
    Finding such a letter may be very difficult... It's possible I don't have it. As a matter of interest, what is the month on your acceptance letter vs when you applied and arrived?

It couldn't just be straight forward...

I got the acceptance letter feb 2007 , which entitled me to travel to Canada from then on. I didn't actually go till june 07.

If you did it through USIT and the SWAP scheme ( which was how you got visas back then) USIT should be able to send you on the letter, they did for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 podger9

Hey Folks,

I got a IEC working holiday visa in 2011 but did not travel to Canada due to health problems

Can I apply again? This time I will definitely be going.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 southstand

Just looking to double check something, I have been working in the uk since last may, going home most weekends.
    Will it be ok for me to put down the address i live in the uk for where it asks for your address you currently reside??
    any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

podger9 wrote: »
    Hey Folks,

I got a IEC working holiday visa in 2011 but did not travel to Canada due to health problems

Can I apply again? This time I will definitely be going.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Yes you're eligible. Glad you got over your health issues btw.

• Advertisement

Thank you AGRO HEAD.

Will I mention that I received the visa in 2011 even though I did not travel

southstand wrote: »
    Just looking to double check something, I have been working in the uk since last may, going home most weekends.
    Will it be ok for me to put down the address i live in the uk for where it asks for your address you currently reside??
    any help appreciated.

I'm almost 100% they removed the stipulation that you need to be resident in your home country to apply last year.

You might want to double check but UK address shouldn't be a problem.

podger9 wrote: »
    Thank you AGRO HEAD.

Will I mention that I received the visa in 2011 even though I did not travel

I got one in 2006 that I never used. I didn't put it down but when I went through immigration they had a record of it. I would put it down as it doesn't make any difference to your application and they will know about it anyway.

Cheers again for the info, puts my mind at ease. safe travels if your heading off again

News to me. I could have sworn I read you can't re-apply after getting a previous IEC and not using it. Good to know though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Phoenix wrote: »
    Cant wait!!!!!!!!:D

I am getting so excited! Keep going onto the Kompass accounts for a little nosey!

I'm applying tomorrow on behalf of my OH (illegal I know!) as well as me, wondering if I should have 2 pages up and try apply simultaneously or take my time and do them separate. Anyone else doing 2?

News to me. I could have sworn I read you can't re-apply after getting a previous IEC and not using it. Good to know though!

No it's all good. I'm out here now after bailing on one back in 06.

Think pre 2013 it's okay cause was only 1 year visas!

Ah that's not so bad then. I like these Canadians even more now :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

gg2 wrote: »
    I'm applying tomorrow on behalf of my OH (illegal I know!) as well as me, wondering if I should have 2 pages up and try apply simultaneously or take my time and do them separate. Anyone else doing 2?

I am in the same boat. We have 1 laptop so we'll be sharing it tomorrow eve. I am wondering should I do mine first & his 2nd.. Or the 2 simultaneosly?

Also I think someone else has asked- would we be better off waiting until 8pm to login & then complete & submit or to be logged in & simply refresh??

I know, I'm a bit ocd about it but I really don't want to fk this up.

Having a 2nd round is nice though. It takes the edge off a little..

Advertisement