Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

I am in the same boat. We have 1 laptop so we'll be sharing it tomorrow eve. I am wondering should I do mine first & his 2nd.. Or the 2 simultaneosly?

Also I think someone else has asked- would we be better off waiting until 8pm to login & then complete & submit or to be logged in & simply refresh??

I know, I'm a bit ocd about it but I really don't want to fk this up.

Having a 2nd round is nice though. It takes the edge off a little..

He doesn't have internet access where he is right now so I'm on my tod doing it, which I prefer anyway. Just hoping I have the 2 complete in as short a time as possible! I think I'll just do 2 log ins, I'd only confuse myself otherwise:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 123DarcySt

Faith wrote: »
    CA$150 - just less than €100.
    €120 actually. >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 6 turq10

has anyone submitted a resume in their application before? I am wondering do we strictly follow the resume template on the website, on page
    http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/resume.aspx

the IEC template has only three resume sections: education, work experience, and then volunteer experience (i have very little).

There are examples of Canadian resume templates online (which have way more info) but I get the impression the IEC only want the simplest of info on it, whereas moving2canada has loads on their resume template (but it doesnt say whether to use it for the visa application or for the job hunt), what do ye reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

turq10 wrote: »
    has anyone submitted a resume in their application before? I am wondering do we strictly follow the resume template on the website, on page
    http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/resume.aspx

the IEC template has only three resume sections: education, work experience, and then volunteer experience (i have very little).

There are examples of Canadian resume templates online (which have way more info) but I get the impression the IEC only want the simplest of info on it, whereas moving2canada has loads on their resume template (but it doesnt say whether to use it for the visa application or for the job hunt), what do ye reckon?

For the application I would definitely use their template. You can always use a different one when job hunting when you get there. Not worth the risk I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Guys anyone have any rough idea when the second quota might be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

f4m1c0m wrote: »
    This has probably been asked quite a lot but 171 pages is a lot to go through. I am currently waiting on an express Irish Passport. It should take 14 days at most if I'm lucky. Quota starts tomorrow. How long is it normally between phase 1 , 2 and possibly 3? I looked at the French one and it shows 15 days. British one is 5 days. I tried to use the "waybackwhen" website to see last years but it does not show it. Any ideas that may help me stress less for the next couple of weeks?

Do you mean round 1 and round 2? There definitely won't be a round 3. The Irish Canadian Immigration facebook page had round 2 listed as opening on March 29th, but they've since removed that as the IEC page has it as TBA. So unfortunately nothing is concrete yet. This is the first time Ireland has been split into rounds.

Agro Head wrote: »
    I got one in 2006 that I never used. I didn't put it down but when I went through immigration they had a record of it. I would put it down as it doesn't make any difference to your application and they will know about it anyway.

Even if you had travelled in 2006 though you still would have been eligible to apply again.

It should be noted that if someone was granted a two year visa (or 2 separate 12 month visas) and didn't use it they wouldn't be allowed apply again.

If someone pulls out of the application process before stage two is complete then they're fine, but once you get given your welcome letter that counts as you participating, regardless of whether you use it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭IrishTeddi

seamus1980 wrote: »
    Guys anyone have any rough idea when the second quota might be?

Taken from Canadian Irish Immigration Facebook page (Very handy if you've not been using it)

11 March – IEC launch of Young Professionals and Student Cooperation programmes (this is a new stream for Ireland)

13 March – IEC launch of first tranche of working holiday programme

29 March – IEC launch of second tranche of working holiday programme

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

123DarcySt wrote: »
    €120 actually. >_<

Not according to Google

pH19Mh4.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11 hippoparty

Skalragg wrote: »
    FYI- Just got a mail back from USIT saying whatever month is on the acceptance letter is what IEC will cross reference vs. Not the month you entered the country

I applied in January, I got the point of entry letter in March, and I entered Canada in May.

So you think I should put down March then? And can I ask, is the acceptance letter the point of entry letter/authorization letter from the High Commission in London (two page document)?

Also when I put down March, when I review that page in my compass account it says "Entered Canada on". So im a little unsure now, have you seen that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 scubie steve

when all ye nice people are adding in information about education in the pdf resume are ye going into details about what skills you picked up off the course ? Like using the usual rubbishy terms like able to meet deadlines......... proficiency with Microsoft office etc

Not according to Google

pH19Mh4.png
    Note: The payment required is €120 for IEC Ireland and £100 for IEC UK.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Note: The payment required is €120 for IEC Ireland and £100 for IEC UK.

Where are you reading that? I'm looking here: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/fees-frais.aspx and it says
    The participation fee is currently 150 Canadian dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

It was €120 last year but it does say it'll be $150. Maybe the euro is doing better this year :p

I have read it from a few sites. This is where it says it... I'll find out for sure though...

http://moving2canada.com/immigration-to-canada/iec-canada-visa/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

when all ye nice people are adding in information about education in the pdf resume are ye going into details about what skills you picked up off the course ? Like using the usual rubbishy terms like able to meet deadlines......... proficiency with Microsoft office etc

Nope not for the IEC application anyway. They just want the gist of your CV inthe format of their template.. No results or anything needed..

guest124 wrote: »
    It was €120 last year but it does say it'll be $150. Maybe the euro is doing better this year :p

I think it's changed because you can now simply pay be credit/debit card. When it was via online transfer you paid in euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

I didn't bother, I just stuck to the template and added in hobbies!
    Im guessing it doesn't have to be in PDF, Word is fine

Not according to Google

pH19Mh4.png
    I am gonna pay €120, just to be on the safe side.

Yup, loadsa people are saying to pay €120.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 LeinsterLover

You pay in Canadian dollars by credit card, your bank will determine the euro amount.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_XrYnrR5HE

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

radiata wrote: »
    I didn't bother, I just stuck to the template and added in hobbies!
    Im guessing it doesn't have to be in PDF, Word is fine

Stick to the template fully, as in don't add hobbies! They want to see if you have the skills or experience to benefit Canadian society, not what you like to do on weekends.

I would say keep it short and concise. They're going to be looking at thousands of these so I doubt they want an essay full of waffle.

I'd say word is fine. You could download the Bullzip printer program to convert it to a PDF if you wanted anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Haven't we been told by the IEC that they give a rounded euro figure? Ie its not a direct conversion of $150CAD

• Registered Users Posts: 31 scubie steve

Cheers guys pleased about that I loathe the bull**** terminology of cv's and the like. Now where can I sign up to be a mountie?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Cheers guys pleased about that I loathe the bull**** terminology of cv's and the like. Now where can I sign up to be a mountie?

Good shout! Those mounties are bad ass!

tumblr_mzym4cGo8R1rg89a6o1_400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

Ok , another quick question.... Are most people registering a kompass account now who want a WHV even though the WHV have not been opened it's just the young pro that's actually open????? are ye better off getting it all registered and ready to just click submit at 8pm tomorrow or start from scratch at 8pm

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

Nope not for the IEC application anyway. They just want the gist of your CV inthe format of their template.. No results or anything needed..

I know I am over thinking but are people making out their CV exactly like the template like

(Institution name) (City and Country) (Dates from-to)
    (DIT) (Dublin) (2004-2008)

Or just DIT, Dublin. 2004 - 2008

(Employer) (Job title) (City and Country) (dates from-to)
    (Tesco) (Till operator) (Dublin)

Tesco, Till operator, Dublin

etc.

Before anyone says it I know it's a stupid question but considering they are turning people away for having the dates in the wrong format I want everything to be perfect.

One other question I am after spending an hour reading through the posts from yesterday up until now but this hasn't been mentioned in a while but since we will be applying tomorrow does that mean we all have until march 12th 2015 to enter Canada or do we have until the date when we pay our application and have been accepted so if you were to use the full 90 days people are talking to submit everything about you would have until 12th or whatever of June 2015 to enter Canada rather March.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ck24

gccrowley1 wrote: »
    Ok , another quick question.... Are most people registering a kompass account now who want a WHV even though the WHV have not been opened it's just the young pro that's actually open????? are ye better off getting it all registered and ready to just click submit at 8pm tomorrow or start from scratch at 8pm

Yeah start your application now so all you need to do is submit it when it opens tomorrow!

gg2 wrote: »
    Haven't we been told by the IEC that they give a rounded euro figure? Ie its not a direct conversion of $150CAD

Presumably if you're paying by CC you won't be giving the option of what amount you want to pay, they'll just charge your CC for whatever amount they require!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

ck24 wrote: »
    Yeah start your application now so all you need to do is submit it when it opens tomorrow!

Cheers.... Are you sure? I know some people are it's just I really don't want to risk it if it will affect the application .....

Also , any idea what my best option would be for the following or if it's even asked......
    My wife , son and I will be hoping to go, now I do know that my sone who is only 2 can go as a dependant on either of us and since I will go on my own first he will go on my wife's and will get a visa at POE..... My question is should I put that I have a dependant on my application meaning my wife as we are married , even though she will be applying on her own anyway.....

Advertisement