Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

stevie1122 wrote: »
    I know I am over thinking but are people making out their CV exactly like the template like

(Institution name) (City and Country) (Dates from-to)
    (DIT) (Dublin) (2004-2008)

Or just DIT, Dublin. 2004 - 2008

(Employer) (Job title) (City and Country) (dates from-to)
    (Tesco) (Till operator) (Dublin)

Tesco, Till operator, Dublin

etc.

Before anyone says it I know it's a stupid question but considering they are turning people away for having the dates in the wrong format I want everything to be perfect.
    Well I just updated mine. It'll only take about 10 minutes. May as well do what they say.
    Honestly I don't think it will be that big of a deal but no harm in doing it their way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

Sorry. I'm guessing it's without the brackets

• Registered Users Posts: 26 tinman09

Im due to go to derren browne tomorrow night! How much leeway do i have timewise, if im home at 12 is my chance gone? Do i sneak off to the jacks at 8 and try and upload my application off my phone. Will pictures of my passport and a word or pdf file of the resume do, ie does it have to be 'scanned?'

• Registered Users Posts: 33 southstand

Cheers agro head, u are right i seen it on the faq section on the iec website, since 2013 you don't have to be a resident.
    Gccrowley1 you should be fine to do that, when you fill in 4 sections there is one section remaining asking you to pick a category ie workin holiday os i hav left that out, then tomorow night when it opens i will select wh and submit, and hope for the best ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AK12

Have they said what time the working holidays visa section will be open tomorrow?

Also I'm just planning to attach my normal CV because it has all the information from the template in it so I assume that's ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Opens at 20:00 (8PM) tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 domatron

Hi guys, not sure if this has been asked previously here but just wondering once you submit everthing for satage one, how long do they give you to pay the fee???

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

domatron wrote: »
    Hi guys, not sure if this has been asked previously here but just wondering once you submit everthing for satage one, how long do they give you to pay the fee???

Google is handy.

http://moving2canada.com.s171483.gridserver.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/2014-online-application-process_applicants_EN.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14 NadyB

Assuming you have filled out your application already you will only be selecting your IEC category and hitting submit at 8pm tomorrow. I too am going to Derren and am hoping to do it quickly and discreetly. You will then have 10 days to submit your documents
    tinman09 wrote: »
    Im due to go to derren browne tomorrow night! How much leeway do i have timewise, if im home at 12 is my chance gone? Do i sneak off to the jacks at 8 and try and upload my application off my phone. Will pictures of my passport and a word or pdf file of the resume do, ie does it have to be 'scanned?'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

So went to get the Garda cert this evening and was told it would take 3 weeks at the minimum as they need to send it off to the central vetting office based in Tipperary. The garda station I went to was in Dublin. I tried to talk to the Garda in question as it didn't sound right at all. Anybody else get this? Oh and they wouldn't take my request as I hadn't a printed off form that stated I was requesting a Garda cert even though I had some police request form I saw earlier attached in this thread. Anybody any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

NadyB wrote: »
    Assuming you have filled out your application already you will only be selecting your IEC category and hitting submit at 8pm tomorrow. I too am going to Derren and am hoping to do it quickly and discreetly. You will then have 10 days to submit your documents
    Have you been able to upload your required docs yet, though? They are marked as 'pending' on my account I made last night, and while I have a CV and high quality picture of my passport both on my smartphone, I will be in work tomorrow until 9 so it would make life a lot easier if just submitting the application gets you 'over the line' in terms of the available spots in the first window, rather than having to fiddle about uploading stuff and whatnot when I'm supposed to be working. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 26 duckgirlie

I just wanted to check - I went once before, in 2011. If at the time, I applied through USIT (and therefor connected to SWAP on the Canadian side) do I select "SWAP" or "IRE" as the "IEC Catagory or Recognised Organisation"? Or do I just chose 'Working Holiday'?

thanks

Roddy23 wrote: »
    So went to get the Garda cert this evening and was told it would take 3 weeks at the minimum as they need to send it off to the central vetting office based in Tipperary. The garda station I went to was in Dublin. I tried to talk to the Garda in question as it didn't sound right at all. Anybody else get this? Oh and they wouldn't take my request as I hadn't a printed off form that stated I was requesting a Garda cert even though I had some police request form I saw earlier attached in this thread. Anybody any ideas?

That is strange that the Garda didn't cop that you need a character cert and not a vetting cert. You're going to have to stress to the person that it is not a vetting cert.maybe print off page from iec explaining what you need.
    When I applied the Garda handed me a form to fill out. But that was November so I had to apply again. I typed up my own form and a photocopy of passport and mailed it off. Had cert in 4 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Are we sure that all we need to do is hit submit tonight? Previously, we had to upload two documents for stage 1. Perhaps we will have to upload that or something else tonight too? It's not a load of work but but if your internet connection isn't the best, beware I suppose.

Update: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/application_guide-guide_demande.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

This place is a roundabout of the exact same questions, time and time again.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 tinman09

Thanks. Whats the chances they have wifi or even decent data coverage in there? We'll be up and running outside at 7.55

• Registered Users Posts: 47 123DarcySt

You need to write a letter to the superintendent of YOUR LOCAL Garda station. Bring a photocopy of your passport also and a stamped self addressed envelope. You're looking for a police cert not a vetting form. I sent mine in on a Monday and got it sent out to me on the Wednesday. It was very quick, but it depends on the station. I was also asked if I wanted to come in and pick it up instead of it being posted. Maybe if you ask them nicely if you can pick it up.

http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=2742&Lang=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

I'm not sure this is correct, 10 days or when the quota is filled which ever happens first.

I'm not sure this is correct, 10 days or when the quota is filled which ever happens first.

You don't upload documents until you receive message from kompass after applying, which could take 48 hours. Could be 20 minutes after applying but it says up to 48 hours.

http://workingholidaystore.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/IEC-step-by-step-guide.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

Silvio67 wrote: »
    This place is a roundabout of the exact same questions, time and time again.

It does seem that way , but sure it makes it easier for people to find the answers there looking for , rather than scrolling through 220 pages (on iphone) of posts....that is what this is all about after all!

• Advertisement

And since we're going around in roundabouts , any chance anybody has a legit link to the actual IEC or embassy site that states children under 18 and infants are given there visa at POE. I can't seem to find it anymore.... Getting slightly worries now!!!!'

gccrowley1 wrote: »
    And since we're going around in roundabouts , any chance anybody has a legit link to the actual IEC or embassy site that states children under 18 and infants are given there visa at POE. I can't seem to find it anymore.... Getting slightly worries now!!!!'

I just did a quick Google and got this; http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/minors-mineurs.aspx?view=d

I know its UK but should be same requirements? Don't know if that helps ya. Hopefully someone who has applied with kids replies to you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

I'm just browsing the instructions again, and I thought that you needed to pay your fee and await news before you know whether have a place. This says you are advised of having a place, none or on a waiting list within 48 hours of submitting the documents then are asked to pay the fee. So you will know sooner in fact.

"When you have submitted your application, IEC will post a notification of submission letter in your Kompass account. The letter will appear in the “My Messages” section within 48 hours. This letter will confirm that IEC has received your application and you have a place under IEC. This letter will also give you more instructions on how to pay the fee and submit your required documents."

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/application_guide-guide_demande.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

My understanding is that children will get an entry visa at the border - the length of it depends on the what the border guard decides. This (afaik) will just be an extended visitor visa.

If your child is 6 or over, they will then need a study visa to attend school - this can be obtained while in Canada. Childen under 6 (i.e. kindergarten age) will not need an extra visa to attend kindergarten.

My understanding is that children will get an entry visa at the border - the length of it depends on the what the border guard decides. This (afaik) will just be an extended visitor visa.

If your child is 6 or over, they will then need a study visa to attend school - this can be obtained while in Canada. Childen under 6 (i.e. kindergarten age) will not need an extra visa to attend kindergarten.

Yea that's pretty much what I was led to believe ...... And another user just gave me a link to some info which is pretty much the same as what I remember reading (and thanks for that "Guest124" I couldn't seem to find it anymore) but I would just like a little more definitive official info with regards to the IEC, I may be being a little OCD but the last thing I want is my wife following me over and for my 2 year old son to need a whole other application or something .....!

Thanks for all the info guys.

Yea that's pretty much what I was led to believe ...... And another user just gave me a link to some info which is pretty much the same as what I remember reading (and thanks for that, I could not find it ) but I would just like a little more definitive official info, I may be being a little OCD but the last thing I want is my wife following me over and for my 2 year old son to need a whole other application or something .....!

Thanks for all the info guys.

Hopefully it'll be a lot clearer when filling out family form on mycic?

guest124 wrote: »
    Hopefully it'll be a lot clearer when filling out family form on mycic?

Hopefully, then I also have the problem of insurance..... That all state that it's for the IEC two year insurance and you agree that you are aged between 18-35....????? Although there was somebody here said that one of them only asked how man ADULTS between 0-49..... Might have a look at that one.

tinman09 wrote: »
    Thanks. Whats the chances they have wifi or even decent data coverage in there? We'll be up and running outside at 7.55

Ha! I was wondering that myself, see you on the pavement outside in a panic haha!

My mate got his in a week including postage to UK but he only ever had one address in Ireland.
    I didnt have a form, just a list of my addresses and a cover letter stating why I need it.
    I'm over a week waiting for mine so far but I've had 10 addresses here.
    The Garda I spoke to asked me to include a letter stating why I need the Cert and if it was urgent.
    I already have Garda Clearance for my work and it takes up to 3 months for it to come through for our staff!
    However anyone I have heard going for the Visa has gotten it back fairly quick.

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote: »
    Have you been able to upload your required docs yet, though? They are marked as 'pending' on my account I made last night, and while I have a CV and high quality picture of my passport both on my smartphone, I will be in work tomorrow until 9 so it would make life a lot easier if just submitting the application gets you 'over the line' in terms of the available spots in the first window, rather than having to fiddle about uploading stuff and whatnot when I'm supposed to be working. :p

As of now you can fill out your application (personal information, contact information, etc) all but the IEC category.
    When it opens tomorrow night select your category, click complete then hit submit at the end of the page.
    You will then have to wait for a message to appear in your Kompass Account which they say can take up to 48 hours, you just have to keep checking.
    You cannot upload your documents until you get that message.

Advertisement