Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭MadameGascar

The Moving2Canada website says for 2014 it looks like early December. But on the Facebook page of the Irish Centre for Immigration (in Toronto) they say it's going to be December or earlier. I would just check the official Canada IEC page twice a day or so. We don't have to wait much longer now. :rolleyes:

I'd really hope they wouldn't just change it to the last week of November in the last week of November after saying all along it might be early December, some might not be prepared to apply with such short notice!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

Can anyone help me out here, on the Irish page of the IEC it says payment must be made in euros. I currently live in the UK, but I'll obviously be appyling as an Irish citizen. All my bank accounts etc are in the UK, does anyone know a way around this, or is anyone else in this position? Can I just borrow a credit card from a famiy member back home and pay that way?

I'm just really nervous at screwing it up in some way. Just wish they'd open it already, I can't handle much more waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

adamski8 wrote: »
    well first off forget about last year, like i said they have improved things this year!

Ill give ye a timeline for this years CROATION 2014opening:

Tuesday 8pm they changed the website to say it was opening at 4pm wed.

Wednesday at 4pm she followed the "application step by step guide" link midway down the page.
    She registered her kompass account, they send her an email, you copy and paste a link into your browser, from here you have to sign in again. Once here all that was needed was your passport num and expiry date along with a few personal details (address etc). Unlike last year there was no port of entry and date of entry etc. submit each section and they are locked then. Once all are done, submit the entire thing. They then said you will receive an email within 48hr. They did give her a WTN at this stage but said she doesnt have a place until she receives the email. This all took the guts of 10min.

Thursday at 8pm she received her email saying there was a message in her my messages section within her kompass account. She logged in and it confirmed her WTN number. It also told her to go to her application section in kompass to pay by credit card the fee of 150 canadian dollars which is about 104euro and to upload a CV. She went into that section and paid by CC which was simple and they give you a recipt which you can save or print. we just saved it for now. Then uploaded a pdf of her CV. We then submitted the application. It is now waiting to be reviewed.

Now everyone should calm down and just follow the steps, its easy!!!!!!!!
    For her it was a bit of a panic, croatia pop of 4million had only 275 places!!!! she got 210 and was very quick about the whole thing.
    Ireland has roughly the same population and has 10,000 places this year. You will get a place if you want it. Once you have a valid passport you cant go wrong

Ok, that has put my mind a bit more at ease. I wonder will they put a notice on the Irish page the day before, as far as I know they didnt do that last year.

I'm curious about how she made her payment. I live in the UK, but on the Irish page of IEC it says payment has to be made in euros. Obviously all my bank stuff is UK, so anybody any ideas on how I should ge around this?

Also, did it ask her on the first form, where her country of residence is? I put a post in here a few days back...
    Lawlesz wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I've seen a bit of confusion on other sites. Some people who were in Canada on IEC when the 2013 visas were released, when asked to put their 'country of residence' on their registration form for Kompass, put Canada. And subsequently had the visas rejected as it's not possible to apply for an IEC when in Canada. The advice has been to put Ireland, and then when filling out the actual application, fill in Canada at the later stage.

My question is; does this affect those of us who are living outside Ireland but not Canada. I live in the UK so don't know whether I should be putting Ireland down to begin with, or whether it's safe enough putting UK down as normal (basically wondering if having to 'lie' is just specific to those currently in Canada?)

Just wondering if you have any advice on that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

no you pay in canadian dollars, it add something like a 4 dollar transaction fee too.
    There was a mailing address: she put croatia
    Current address: she put ireland
    Residence address: she put croatia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Uggggh just keep getting more and more hassle with the application.

The AFP (Australia) website is down since last week so unable to request the oz cert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

I just applied for a new passport- I hope it's here in time to apply when the visas are announced.... Agh

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ann2905

I just applied for a new passport- I hope it's here in time to apply when the visas are announced.... Agh

Same!!Sent off for ours Friday..just hoping its really quiet in the passport office and we get them on time!!

Same!!Sent off for ours Friday..just hoping its really quiet in the passport office and we get them on time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Well the minimum you's will be waiting for the Irish Passport is 7 days. Depending how busy it is coming up to xmas, the wait could stretch to 14 days. I was waiting near 2 weeks for mine last year!

• Advertisement

EI-DOR wrote: »
    Well the minimum you's will be waiting for the Irish Passport is 7 days. Depending how busy it is coming up to xmas, the wait could stretch to 14 days. I was waiting near 2 weeks for mine last year!

Ohh! I really hope the visas aren't announced until Mid - December then.. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

Ohh! I really hope the visas aren't announced until Mid - December then.. :mad:

My boyfriend sent off for a new passport at the start of November - he sent it via passport express on Friday 1st November and the new passport came back in the post on Wednesday 13th November, just to give you an idea of timelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 rlad

is there anyone goin on their own in 2014??

Karbolt wrote: »
    My boyfriend sent off for a new passport at the start of November - he sent it via passport express on Friday 1st November and the new passport came back in the post on Wednesday 13th November, just to give you an idea of timelines.

Oh cool, Thanks. That should be ok so..

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

I've got a question about passports. Mine isn't due for renewal until Augst next year. Can I use my current passport for the application and say if I got the place and travelled in September with the renewed passport, would there be an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Isn't passport express a guarantee of ten working days anyway? I thought that was the whole point of paying extra to apply that way as opposed to the standard way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

bopper wrote: »
    Isn't passport express a guarantee of ten working days anyway? I thought that was the whole point of paying extra to apply that way as opposed to the standard way.

At peak times it can be extended and has been at 14-15 working days in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

I live in Dublin and recieved my new passport there a few days ago,it took 7 working days via passport express

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

I'm planning to get a canadian visa this year. I'm 26 and just married but don't have any kids / have no immediate plans for kids.

Basically I'm wondering if being married will in any way affect my application for a visa? Will I be applying for me and my wife in the one Kompass account or do we still both need to apply on our own?

Any help here is greatly appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

sjapok wrote: »
    I'm planning to get a canadian visa this year. I'm 26 and just married but don't have any kids / have no immediate plans for kids.

Basically I'm wondering if being married will in any way affect my application for a visa? Will I be applying for me and my wife in the one Kompass account or do we still both need to apply on our
    Any help here is greatly appreciated!

Seperate accounts otherwise your wife won't be able to work as far as I know .

madma wrote: »
    Uggggh just keep getting more and more hassle with the application.

The AFP (Australia) website is down since last week so unable to request the oz cert.

Anyone know what else I can do? The site is still not working and it's like that over a week now, at this this stage I might not have enough time to get this I'd they open soon. Missing the application over something like this is a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

Seperate accounts otherwise your wife won't be able to work as far as I know .

Thanks for the advice. Does anyone else have an opinion on this??! I like to be meticulous Cheers :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 crocadile dunde

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/afp-and-rba-websites-suffer-cyber-attacks-20131121-2xwns.html It says in the Sydney Morning Herald that the AFP website was hacked by indonesisan group. No details on when its going to be back online. This very bad time for people after a police certificate

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭stevief01

rlad wrote: »
    is there anyone goin on their own in 2014??

ya,, da best way IMO

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/afp-and-rba-websites-suffer-cyber-attacks-20131121-2xwns.html It says in the Sydney Morning Herald that the AFP website was hacked by indonesisan group. No details on when its going to be back online. This very bad time for people after a police certificate

Jaysus that's mad. Would ya believe that was the same day that we were trying to upload the details as I worked out the oz v irish time when it happened.

Having a crap time trying to get things sorted, had to go back to the Garda station. 3 times, that ones all sent off and no word on it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 crocadile dunde

madma wrote: »
    Jaysus that's mad. Would ya believe that was the same day that we were trying to upload the details as I worked out the oz v irish time when it happened.

Having a crap time trying to get things sorted, had to go back to the Garda station. 3 times, that ones all sent off and no word on it yet.

Im going the Garda station in person in the morning have a copy of my Birth Cert and passport and stamped addressed envelope, have a feeling its not going to be straight forward process, the garda seem not to be well informed of the process with certs according to some peoples experience on this. Hope the garda im dealing with dosent make me apply through the post. Going to be big problems with the AFP cert as xmas post going to slow us down even more. Best of luck with your certs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Does the registrtion process usually open/start before the year is out for 2014 visa's?

Looking at maybe going next year and noticed the kompass thing isnt open yet. Or maybe I'm in the wrong section?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Im going the Garda station in person in the morning have a copy of my Birth Cert and passport and stamped addressed envelope, have a feeling its not going to be straight forward process, the garda seem not to be well informed of the process with certs according to some peoples experience on this. Hope the garda im dealing with dosent make me apply through the post. Going to be big problems with the AFP cert as xmas post going to slow us down even more. Best of luck with your certs

I walked into my Garda station with every document imaginable. He said to me to come back with an official document showing what it was for. What a dumb-ass. That's total obfustication. It's finding obstacles for no good reason. It is not even by the book. I checked the details again on www.garda.ie and found you don't need that much. I live 10 minutes walk from the station, despite that, I did what it says on garda.ie, posted it around the corner and got it all within a week. I just side-stepped him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

jozi wrote: »
    Does the registrtion process usually open/start before the year is out for 2014 visa's?

Looking at maybe going next year and noticed the kompass thing isnt open yet. Or maybe I'm in the wrong section?

We are expecting it open between now and 'early December'. Watch this site daily, the visas go fast. Good luck.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

Advertisement