Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Galaxy191

Also, it's only 2 photos we need right?? The pharmacy stamp is spread half and half across both so I guess I'll need to send the 2

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭IrishTeddi

I know my stomach is in a constant state of butterflies every time I think about it. :o

I have lots of ideas for and against higher demand. I just don't know.

Trust me, there are always the few hundred that didn't do all their research, didn't prepare themselves, forgot x, y and z etc.

I think only the ones who've been stressing themselves over the application are the ones who'll be waiting!

Hell, I've been waiting and in Limbo since December. My room is like the Batcave right now. Two 30" monitors and buttons galore. I'm ready! Bring it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

I have to venture to the neighbours house with the Laptop so I can use his Internet. With the volume of people online later, I know fine well mine will let me down. Need the fastest I can get :pac:

Galaxy191 wrote: »
    Also, it's only 2 photos we need right?? The pharmacy stamp is spread half and half across both so I guess I'll need to send the 2

The person in the post office if you're getting it through Passport Express has a checklist of sorts (atleast they did in mine) asking me if I had all the aspects I needed. She only asked me for 2 photos, but just ask them any queries you have. They've undoubtingly dealt with a fair few applications by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

seamus1980 wrote: »
    Gonna wait until the second round as my passport has just over a year of being valid.Gonna apply for a new one today

That's one down ;)

Oh, and some advice regarding your account...

The timeout feature for the website is around 5 minutes. Make sure you're logged in atleast 10/15 minutes beforehand and keep hitting refresh. You don't want to hit the submit button, and the next page it brings you is to the re-login page.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

anyone else having problems logging into their account?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Galaxy191 wrote: »
    So I've just been to get photos taken for the visa.

What's all this? Where in the process do we need photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

IrishTeddi wrote: »

The timeout feature for the website is around 5 minutes. Make sure you're logged in atleast 10/15 minutes beforehand and keep hitting refresh. You don't want to hit the submit button, and the next page it brings you is to the re-login page.

Bad advice. The last thing we need is everyone hitting refresh constantly and slowing down/ crashing the site.

Just log in at 8pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

What's all this? Where in the process do we need photos?

we dont this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Use passport express in your local post office. That's the quickest option right now.

Will do mate,thanks for your reply

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

So it'll be okay to log in before 8? I was thinking maybe you would have to wait until 8 to log in, so page could update category list. I know nothing about how websites work though!

Bad advice. The last thing we need is everyone hitting refresh constantly and slowing down/ crashing the site.

Just log in at 8pm

And you don't think 100's are going to do the same? Multiple users all logging into the server all at the same time won't cause issues?

I'll be logged in before then!

Augmerson wrote: »
    anyone else having problems logging into their account?

nope logged straight in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

There's no guarantee that once you're logged in and hit refresh that it'll update the IEC category page or that it won't automatically log you out seeing as the page has changed. I'll be logging in at 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Yea I will be logging in at 8 on the dot!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

There's no guarantee that once you're logged in and hit refresh that it'll update the IEC category page or that it won't automatically log you out seeing as the page has changed. I'll be logging in at 8pm.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. Gonna have log in details typed and already for 8 just.

I don't know what the hell is going on, my email and password are correct but it's telling me Invalid email address/password combination. wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

I don't know what the hell is going on, my email and password are correct but it's telling me Invalid email address/password combination. wtf?

have you tried turning it off and on again? :)

• Advertisement

It works now? Jesus. Mini-heart attack. Dunno what the **** happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

have you tried turning it off and on again? :)

2013-09-13-roy.png

It works now? Jesus. Mini-heart attack. Dunno what the **** happened.

wrong word somewhere probably

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Galaxy191

This was happening to me initially. Try going through the link you were sent in the email after registering. Worked for me then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

300 minutes to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

sorry 299 now

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jj1787

My future in Canada comes down to the click of a button.........EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!! :eek: Hope the last 10 months have not be for nothing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lisa1992

Can anyone please tell me how to get to the passport office in Molesworth Street from O Connell Bridge?? Need to get this ****ing yoke before 4!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lemonworld23

Good Luck to everybody tonight (including myself obvs) If its meant to be it will so just have the fingers at the ready :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 hltrskltr

Can someone please clear up the answer to the contacts info question as I have seen several different answers but none clearcut. I first put down +353 as the country code but then changed it to 353. which is correct or does it matter?

Advertisement