Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 duckgirlie

Lisa1992 wrote: »
    Can anyone please tell me how to get to the passport office in Molesworth Street from O Connell Bridge?? Need to get this ****ing yoke before 4!!

Walk up westmorland street towards grafton street. When you're on the far side of trinity (the part where the road branches off either up grafton street or around the back of trinity) follow the road around trinity, and take the first right up dame street. Molesworth street is the first or second left on dame street, I can't remember which but it's got a sign. the passport office is about halfway down, on the left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

hltrskltr wrote: »
    Can someone please clear up the answer to the contacts info question as I have seen several different answers but none clearcut. I first put down +353 as the country code but then changed it to 353. which is correct or does it matter?

Doubt it matters. I think I said to do 353 but now I think of it +353 is usually used

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lemonworld23

radiata wrote: »
    Doubt it matters. I think I said to do 353 but now I think of it +353 is usually used

To actually access the country numnbers its actually 00353 guys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hltrskltr

I googled it and saw both so I dunno. I only asked because iv gone through this before and know the slightest thing can get you rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lisa1992

duckgirlie wrote: »
    Walk up westmorland street towards grafton street. When you're on the far side of trinity (the part where the road branches off either up grafton street or around the back of trinity) follow the road around trinity, and take the first right up dame street. Molesworth street is the first or second left on dame street, I can't remember which but it's got a sign. the passport office is about halfway down, on the left.

Cheers! Thanks A Mill :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

When you all made your kompass profiles did you just save your details or complete them? (Apart from selecting iec category of course)

Can we complete them all now so all we have to do is pick iec category at 8 or should we wait until 8 to complete them?

Sorry for being another on asking silly questions but I just wanted to double check before I did something irreversible.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Yea I completed mine. Just number 4 to do later and that's it!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

To actually access the country numnbers its actually 00353 guys!!

nope to call ireland from canada is 011 is there exit code
    then 353

the the number minus the 0
    so 353 is grand

• Registered Users Posts: 3 plilly

Hi All, quick question - can I get my Visa even though my passport runs out in a year?

Not really sure what the policy is on this. I know I can't get a work permit on it, but could I do this at a later date?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Loblox

When uploading the passport and photos, put them on seperate pages or would the same page do? I have both done, just not sure which is preferred.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 hltrskltr

Think il stick with 353. Don't know why anyone is putting the Canadian code plus the irish code on it as it asks for your country code

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Loblox wrote: »
    When uploading the passport and photos, put them on seperate pages or would the same page do? I have both done, just not sure which is preferred.

Where does it say you have to upload photos at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Where does it say you have to upload photos at this stage?

you dont need photos for this stage . people just really need the site at this point lol

Sloth89 wrote: »
    That's one down ;)

Quick question - can I get my Visa even though my passport runs out in a year?

Not really sure what the policy is on this. I know I can't get a work permit on it, but could I do this at a later date?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Loblox

you dont need photos for this stage . people just really need the site at this point lol

Oh. I'm an idiot then. Apologies, just on edge and frustrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Oh. I'm an idiot then. Apologies, just on edge and frustrated.

Yes you're an Idiot ha :pac::pac::D

You's panicking lads? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

hltrskltr wrote: »
    Think il stick with 353. Don't know why anyone is putting the Canadian code plus the irish code on it as it asks for your country code

Yeh, I reckon 353 would be fine as this is Ireland's international calling country code, whatever you put before this is down to the originating country rules..... Most is 00, Canada is 011,Korea 001 and so on, I presume that's what the + means...... + = originating country international call code and target is still 353 for Ireland no matter what.....

Long story short, I will be doing the same as you or with the +..... But one the 353 is there I think we're all fine....

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

plilly wrote: »
    Quick question - can I get my Visa even though my passport runs out in a year?

You can apply away with the old passport. Get a new passport and update your passport number in the kompass account.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

gccrowley1 wrote: »
    Yeh, I reckon 353 would be fine as this is Ireland's international calling country code, whatever you put before this is down to the originating country rules..... Most is 00, Canada is 011,Korea 001 and so on, I presume that's what the + means...... + = originating country international call code and target is still 353 for Ireland no matter what.....

Long story short, I will be doing the same as you or with the +..... But one the 353 is there I think we're all fine....

Thanks

I've gone with 353

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

Longest. Day. Ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

Are we there yet?!

Agro Head wrote: »
    You can apply away with the old passport. Get a new passport and update your passport number in the kompass account.

Great thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

Does anyone know, when they talk about first come first served, do they mean the first people to apply tonight, or the first people to pay the deposit and upload the documents after they give you the go ahead? In other words, are the first 10,000 applying tonight free to wait the full 10 days before sorting that, or is everyone given the go ahead and the first 10,000 who pay deposit etc counted as the "first come"?

I'm going away for a few days from tomorrow morning, so need to know if I need to bring copies of documents with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

Those young professional visas are being snapped up like the new time, a whole 4 more went today.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

Radiosonde wrote: »
    Does anyone know, when they talk about first come first served, do they mean the first people to apply tonight, or the first people to pay the deposit and upload the documents after they give you the go ahead? In other words, are the first 10,000 applying tonight free to wait the full 10 days before sorting that, or is everyone given the go ahead and the first 10,000 who pay deposit etc counted as the "first come"?

I'm going away for a few days from tomorrow morning, so need to know if I need to bring copies of documents with me!

It's first come first serve tonight...

Radiosonde wrote: »

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but from what I've read on this forum / seen on the FAQs you will get a message to your Kompass inbox within 48 hours of submitting your application tonight at 8pm.

This will tell you if you've made the quota. You will retain your place in the quota provided you upload your documents within the timeframe that they specify.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭john_jobin

Nerves are setting in now!!

How quickly are they expected to run out?

I have all the documents ready to upload straight away and have my Kompass account filled out as much as possible. So realistically should I be ok?

Hoping that everyone here is in the minority being so prepared and all and that everyone else will have to set up Kompass accounts from scratch and stuff tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I might get a bottle of Whiskey to steady the nerves.

I am going to make a crazy guess and say I think the visas will run out in 2 hours.

Now just in case they go a lot quicker I intend to have my own form submitted in less than 60 seconds but I really doubt there are 3,500 people ready to go like the people on this forum.

Any other guesses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Dillers

With the phone number a plus automatically becomes the dialling out code for the country so it's the same as putting 00 but it'll take account of the Canadian one as well.... Or did I pull that outta thin air? XD

Advertisement