Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭john_jobin

I think i'd feel a lot more relaxed about the whole thing if all 7,700 visas were being released tonight, not just 3,850 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

john_jobin wrote: »
    I think i'd feel a lot more relaxed about the whole thing if all 7,700 visas were being released tonight, not just 3,850 :(

Definitely!

But then again its good to know there's a small safety net tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Now just in case they go a lot quicker I intend to have my own form submitted in less than 60 seconds

I plan to do the same or less!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

You guys have to remember there is still alot of people that have opted to do this through a paid service like USIT etc (God knows why) so there will also be a good chunk of people who will be ready to go as well. Not indicating mass panic but just be ready and take your time to get it done correctly.

What way are most of you going to do it? Be logged in and as soon as 8PM arrives hit refresh in the Category section until WHV option appears or just login after 8pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Judi565

eenm wrote: »
    For anyone having the previous participation WTN/Date issue, I know someone mentioned that you could email USIT for your WTN (apologies I can't remember who but possibly Skalragg or hippoparty).

I did this last night at about 7pm and just had a reply with my WTN and date of approval. Would suggest getting WTN from them if anyone is unsure about the date issue. WTN (I would think) is a safer bet.

Thanks eenm. Handy to know usit can send on the wtn number. I emailed IEC on Tuesday evening to check about the application date to use and they just responded this afternoon to say 'Please use the date that you arrived in Canada as your answer' so I'm going to go with that option.

• Advertisement

Log in at 8 on the dot Mark. Choose the WHV if it's there straight away and submit. I have the other sections completed so don't need to look at them later!

MarkJD wrote: »
    What way are most of you going to do it? Be logged in and as soon as 8PM arrives hit refresh in the Category section until WHV option appears or just login after 8pm?

Logging in at 8PM to make sure category page has been updated.

They better be on the ball tonight with updating the Website at exactly 8PM!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

EI-DOR wrote: »

Imagine the panic if they mess it up like on Tuesday and it takes an hour or so to update :/

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

Imagine the panic if they fecked something up lol :D

• Advertisement

Imagine the panic if they mess it up like on Tuesday and it takes an hour or so to update :/

Great minds...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

The laptop would be getting smashed off the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭john_jobin

I actually don't think my heart could take it if they screw up

That's what I'm afraid off. Be prepared in-case they do delay it again :-\ Stay glued to the Laptop!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hltrskltr

Judi565 wrote: »
    Thanks eenm. Handy to know usit can send on the wtn number. I emailed IEC on Tuesday evening to check about the application date to use and they just responded this afternoon to say 'Please use the date that you arrived in Canada as your answer' so I'm going to go with that option.

I put down the date I received the letter of confirmation. Confused now. Don't understand why they don't explain things more clearly, would be less agro for themselves as there would be less people bothering them with questions!

That's what I'm afraid off. Be prepared in-case they do delay it again :-\ Stay glued to the Laptop!

Well I don't about you guys but I'll be stacking up some tinned food and water beside my laptop along with temporary toilet facilities in case something goes south and we need to click refresh for a couple of months.

sjapok wrote: »
    Well I don't about you guys but I'll be stacking up some tinned food and water beside my laptop along with temporary toilet facilities in case something goes south and we need to click refresh for a couple of months.

What was that quote again? Prepare for the worst but hope for the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

It's like waiting for Garth Brooks tickets. Except at the end you might get something actually worth having.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ck24

sjapok wrote: »
    I am going to make a crazy guess and say I think the visas will run out in 2 hours.

Now just in case they go a lot quicker I intend to have my own form submitted in less than 60 seconds but I really doubt there are 3,500 people ready to go like the people on this forum.

Any other guesses?

Yeah we should start a poll! Im gonna guess they'll be gone in 3 hours, provided there are no technical issues.

Good luck tonight guys! Hope we are all here next week panicking about the mycic application.

Whatever happens, a good drink will be had this weekend! :)

• Advertisement

Good luck tonight guys! Hope we are all here next week panicking about the mycic application.

I don't plan on panicking after tonight let me tell yea. Once it's eventually paid for I'm relaxing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Here's hoping that having a country of birth other than Ireland isn't going to be a problem :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Guys I'm getting so nervous, not like me at all. Hope everything goes well for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Durag

Yeah hope everyone gets through. Gonna proof read my application again and again just to make sure i havent made any mistakes so that when 8pm comes i just log in, select working holiday, and then submit. Then, can of beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Galaxy191 wrote: »
    So I've just been to get photos taken for the visa. The girl taking them stamped and then dated (handwritten) the back of the 2 photos. I've never seen this requirement before, but she said that's what she usually does for the Canadian visas.
    She seemed to know her stuff...but I'm panicking a bit that if she wasn't supposed to do that my application will be rejected :(:(

Can anyone shed some light on whether this is okay?? Also the photos are quite big - although we followed the size requirements given on the IEC website so I presume they are correct.

Apologies if this has been answered before. We've been so long waiting now that I cant remember what I have read where over the previous few months.

Well unless you intend on scanning the back of the photo and sending it to them I wouldn't worry.

It's also just one digital photo you need. You could have simply taken it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

So I was cool and calm about being all ready to go at 8 until I real the posts here about the phone number!

I have entered 00353 and 87XXXXXXX

I also made a last minute change today to my address. Under House Name/ Street name I have my house no, Estate name and the street name on that 1 line.. I think it's ok. Otherwise the address was incomplete...

Last minute panic is setting in.. C'mon 8pm. Submit & time for a glass of vino :)

PS GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

This is the worst of it, I'm going through everything here again, doubting myself so much. Keep thinking my CV doesn't look right. Roll on 8.30 when its all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

I know it's probably a very basic thing but has everyone remembered to put their full name on the application? Someone on here mentioned before that their friend left out their middle name on the application and got refused as a result. That would be an absolute sickener!

I know it's probably a very basic thing but has everyone remembered to put their full name on the application? Someone on here mentioned before that their friend left out their middle name on the application and got refused as a result. That would be an absolute sickener!

Yea, double check folks. Everything corresponding with the Passport ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

RichFTW wrote: »

nope the only issue is . if your middle name is on your passport and you leave out on the application they were refusing so once your name is exactly as its on your passport its fine.

Advertisement