Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

RichFTW wrote: »
    I know it's probably a very basic thing but has everyone remembered to put their full name on the application? Someone on here mentioned before that their friend left out their middle name on the application and got refused as a result. That would be an absolute sickener!

Name as on your passport is needed. Only put middle name if it's on passport!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭john_jobin

Is it normal that the "entered canada on" section has your WTN number instead of an actual date? Wasn't sure of the exact date I entered Canada on my last visa but had my old WTN number handy so I gave them that instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Is anyone else leaving the telephone numbers as +353 + 83xxx?

I didn't read anything about the specifics on that, and I wouldn't have known +353 wouldn't have worked unless I read it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

I see some people are talking about WTN numbers and stuff....... I did not see any of that anywhere the kompass account..... Anybody like to shed some light for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

I see some people are talking about WTN numbers and stuff....... I did not see any of that anywhere the kompass account..... Anybody like to shed some light for me?

That's only to do with people who done the IEC before!

• Advertisement

gccrowley1 wrote: »

When we get a World Tracking Number then I believe we have a place, or are on a waiting list. Whichever, it will be specified.

But, do you get it after clicking submit tonight or after paying, I do not know.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Is anyone else leaving the telephone numbers as +353 + 83xxx?

I didn't read anything about the specifics on that, and I wouldn't have known +353 wouldn't have worked unless I read it here.

yeah just 353
    and then your number minus the 0

EI-DOR wrote: »
    That's only to do with people who done the IEC before!

Cool..... Also , can we go ahead and make a "mycic" account, and what is it..... I just know it's part of the next stage.... Can we get all our info onto that system before we need it like with the kompass

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

guest124 wrote: »
    Name as on your passport is needed. Only put middle name if it's on passport!

I'm assuming that most people have their middle name on their passport, but ya match passport name to the application is what I should have specified.

I only know one person whose middle name is not on their passport and that's because he is a guy and his middle name is Margaret or something!

RichFTW wrote: »
    I'm assuming that most people have their middle name on their passport, but ya match passport name to the application is what I should have specified.

I only know one person whose middle name is not on their passport and that's because he is a guy and his middle name is Margaret or something!

my middle name isn't on my passport lol and it certainly isn't Margaret either lol

• Advertisement

When we get a World Tracking Number then I believe we have a place, or are on a waiting list. Whichever, it will be specified.

But, do you get it after clicking submit tonight or after paying, I do not know.

Ah! I see.... I have being reading a lot about this but did not know what exactly it was or when you get it and how some people had had all ready...... Now I do thanks to you boardsies.......

Cool..... Also , can we go ahead and make a "mycic" account, and what is it..... I just know it's part of the next stage.... Can we get all our info onto that system before we need it like with the kompass

I was going to add a snap shot but I hate making public picture links, annoying and waste time.

Bottom line, it's a lot like the IEC page, several sections, each get ticked when you have them completed, inner messaging system.

I was going to add a snap shot but I hate making public picture links, annoying and waste time.

Bottom line, it's a lot like the IEC page, several sections, each get ticked when you have them completed, inner messaging system.

I'm going to have a look and see i can make an account now or should I bother.? What are other people doing..... I'm jus going to be a sheep for a few minutes.... Hahaha

I'm going to have a look and see i can make an account now or should I bother.? What are other people doing..... I'm jus going to be a sheep for a few minutes.... Hahaha

i wouldnt bother .im not gonna anyways . theres no point until you get your confirmation of conditional acceptance on the kompass site .its not really saving you any time .

Yeah I wouldn't bother with a CIC account right now either.

I wanted to see what they asked for and I thought this year's programme might run something like last years, allowing a quick gettaway in weeks. That's not happening this year so I just leave the account there now.

I'd concentrate completely on tonight.

T - 1h45

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Argh they had no clearance certs in my local garda station....queued for 25 mins behind a woman and her screaming kids:mad:

just the form ? some one posted a blank one as a pdf somewhere a while back probably before the treads where merged too so good luck finding it .

• Registered Users Posts: 5 podger9

can anyone show me what a WTN number looks like? Is it W and then a load of digits?

T minus 1.15

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

T minus 1.15

you're making me even more nervous!! haha:D

ckgirl wrote: »
    you're making me even more nervous!! haha:D

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Loblox

Suppose , I'm not going to bother with the mycic till we get to that stage so..... Thanks for the advice........

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭john_jobin

I'd be afraid I'd be tempting fate by even trying to set up a mycic account now before even getting a place :P

Loblox wrote: »

yeah lets hope the site doesnt crash then :P
    it be the final countdown alright as people explode lol

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kitchenchair

I know this is easy for me to say because I am already over here and have no IEC worries but I am really intrigued to see how fast these visas go.

Besta luck to yiz all. By the sounds of it you will all get one because ye are on the ball and really prepared. There are plenty of people who say "ah yeah i think I will get an IEC this year" and then are lazy about it when it comes to it. You will all be fine.

Goodluck...

• Registered Users Posts: 45 djc123abc

My passport has my forename, but above that on page 3 of my passport it has my full "Birth Cert Name". Do I include my full birth cert name or is my forename enough since my full birth cert name doesn't appear on the laminated page of my passport?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Toronto

djc123abc wrote:
    My passport has my forename, but above that on page 3 of my passport it has my full "Birth Cert Name". Do I include my full birth cert name or is my forename enough since my full birth cert name doesn't appear on the laminated page of my passport?

Use what's on the laminated ID page, because that's your official "passport name", for lack of a better term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 djc123abc

Toronto wrote: »
    Use what's on the laminated ID page, because that's your official "passport name", for lack of a better term.
    What's the purpose of putting full birth cert name on page 3 of the passport but not in the forename(s) section?

Advertisement